Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
I got my AOR on August 6th.

I can login and it just displays Application Received.
Yes its you that I was refering too who has been able to log in. maybe because ur a march applicant. and those after you like me cant still log in.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Did you include an OWP application?

Marialaval said:
I received AoR last august 20 unfortuantely my application was sent back due to outdated forms .i called cic today and this is what they told me .im currently out of status .and I do not know what to do now once I receive the return application in the mail.do I have to pay another fee to resend it again if I am allowed to resend it ?the cic agent didn't mention what I can do .and also does this mean I have been reported to cbsa?advice pls .getting panicky here

Marialaval

Feb 3, 2014
Yes I did .i got the shoal package back and told me to submit more updated forms .it was all updated except for the one form (which was updated on august 1st)

So they told me to resubmit the whole package with updated forms and incl the letter that came with it

And yes I submitted owp as well

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/

Let's get started with this. People are free to join and add comments, ideas. There is no admin or moderator. It is an open forum for those who are affected and interested in joining for action plans from now until changes are made.

Plans for what we should do, who to email/tweet on Sept 24 will be shared.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
civic said:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/

Let's get started with this. People are free to join and add comments, ideas. There is no admin or moderator. It is an open forum for those who are affected and interested in joining for action plans from now until changes are made.

Plans for what we should do, who to email/tweet on Sept 24 will be shared.
Awesome. Joined! Thanks.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
sophieee said:
Could you please let me know about the exact date so I can include it in the spreadsheet?

In BC you should have coverage from the day CIC received your application and you paid all your fees, including the Right of Permanent Residence fee, whichever comes later. Unfortunately it's very hard to get the coverage, I'm struggling with it myself since May. You can read about it more here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bc-inlanders-thread-t184207.0.html
I think she is confused with AOR with the date the courier delivered mail since CIC would never give out AOR if the package been sent back. Send back = App not received = Nothing happened

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Smsm81 said:
Monkeyfish
As far as I know, there are no private insurance policies for foreigners that cover routine pregnancy and delivery costs. Only lab work, radiology and emergencies.

Hey,
Did you contact RAMQ? Were they able to help or suggest anything? Did you found any other organization that could help? Did you sent email to CIC?
I assume you are from the US right? If so, have you ever thought about giving birth there if you will be covered ? to be with your family as well?
Smsm, I am from the USA, correct. Going back there to deliver the baby could possibly put my Inland application in jeopardy and also I want my baby to be born in Canada so that I don't have to go through the immigration process for her as well.

I am going downtown to the RAMQ office to speak with them later this month. From what they've told me over the phone, they cannot help me, but I am going to see if someone can tell me something else in person.

I have Emailed the CIC with my change of address, and that's all at this point. The website specifically says they will ignore any messages from people whose applications are still within the normal time of processing.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Re: Spousal Sponsorship with Working Visa: Questions!!!!!

elsabels said:
Hi everyone! First time posting and just starting this process - but I had a couple questions, if anyone could help out - I would be eternally grateful!

Background story is like most: met Canadian partner, fell in love and now working through the legal system to be together. We have read and done research regarding the different options and have narrowed it down to a few. The spousal sponsorship is definitely an option, but we were looking at a few different scenarios at least to start with.

1.) I am an American and if I were to get a working visa in Canada, could we apply for a spousal sponsorship (inland) once things get settled?
2.) I know during the inland process, you have the ability to obtain a work permit, but that could take a while. If I was in Canada on a already existing work visa, would I have to wait for the new work permit to go through or could I continue with that existing work visa?

3.) Overall, I am looking at the time period that would include me (as an American) not being able to work in Canada?

*The reason that we are considering this route is because the timeline is more flexible and it puts less pressure on us to put together a super quick wedding. We are not opposed to getting married in order to make this happen but would like to look at different options for getting things set up first and then moving ahead with the spousal sponsorship.*

Thanks in advance, this is an awesome resource and it's great to know we aren't the only ones going through this process!!
Lets answer your questions here

1) Yes, you can apply for Inland SS after getting your work permit (WP), and it is highly recommended to do so to obtain a WP before apply SS.

2) Depends, Inland SS applicant can have implied status once their original entry visa expires. For your case, if you came into Canada with WP then you can automatically obtain Imp status as WP holder. HOWEVER, your WP need to be extendable, usually a LMO issued WP would do. (a good example of non-extendable would be IEC visa = one year working holiday visa).

3) You would not have any loss time as long as you do 1) & 2) correctly.

*As you are US citizen, I am not sure if you still can apply for the NAFTA one year WP or extending after one year under you situation so you might want to make sure that part.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Monkeyfish said:
Thanks for the advice! I don't have money for the pregnancy or delivery itself, let alone "extra" for an epidural, but I know I'll have the option to add it to my bill (debt) if I need it. Just hoping I don't.
If for some reason you did return to the USA to give birth (tho from what I understand, it's just as expensive to give birth there), your baby is Canadian if your husband is Canadian. My first born was born in Brazil, but within days we had her Canadian passport and a few months later her Canadian citizenship card.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Monkeyfish said:
Smsm, I am from the USA, correct. Going back there to deliver the baby could possibly put my Inland application in jeopardy and also I want my baby to be born in Canada so that I don't have to go through the immigration process for her as well.

I am going downtown to the RAMQ office to speak with them later this month. From what they've told me over the phone, they cannot help me, but I am going to see if someone can tell me something else in person.

I have Emailed the CIC with my change of address, and that's all at this point. The website specifically says they will ignore any messages from people whose applications are still within the normal time of processing.
Is your partner a PR? I can understand the need to have baby in Canada due to reducing the paperwork for immigration. But if your partner is a naturalized Canadian or Canadian born, it doesn't matter if the baby is born in Canada or US, the baby will have Canadian citizenship and has no bearing on your PR status.

Screech339

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
My husband is a natural born Canadian. I know it's easier to bring the baby here with a Canadian parent, but that doesn't address the problem of leaving Canada during the process of an Inland application. I could qualify for medical insurance in the USA that would cover the delivery of my baby, but only in my home state which is VERY far from Quebec and extremely expensive for 2 people to travel to (not going without my husband). I suppose it's cheaper than giving birth in Canada without health insurance, but I'm taking the convenient route at this stage in the game. I just hope I'm able to give birth as naturally as possible, and my hospital stay is short, and that the hospital will work out a payment plan with me.

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I appreciate it.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Monkeyfish said:
My husband is a natural born Canadian. I know it's easier to bring the baby here with a Canadian parent, but that doesn't address the problem of leaving Canada during the process of an Inland application. I could qualify for medical insurance in the USA that would cover the delivery of my baby, but only in my home state which is VERY far from Quebec and extremely expensive for 2 people to travel to (not going without my husband). I suppose it's cheaper than giving birth in Canada without health insurance, but I'm taking the convenient route at this stage in the game. I just hope I'm able to give birth as naturally as possible, and my hospital stay is short, and that the hospital will work out a payment plan with me.

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I appreciate it.
It is a tough call to make. Maternity coverage in US but risk getting back into Canada. You would have to stay in US long enough to get US birth certificate to cross the border by land in your own car.

Or pay the hospital bill in Canada and save yourself the grief of being separated from your husband.

Screech339

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Indeed. And crossing back into Canada by LAND is quite difficult considering where I'd be traveling from. We should've waited to get pregnant, but it was a surprise and a blessing, so we'll do what we have to do.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Monkeyfish said:
Indeed. And crossing back into Canada by LAND is quite difficult considering where I'd be traveling from. We should've waited to get pregnant, but it was a surprise and a blessing, so we'll do what we have to do.

Hey PM me if you have any other questions ok?
All the best!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Monkeyfish said:
There is an option to fly to one of the border cities like buffalo and then drive through by land through niagara falls.