Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
MissRepresentation said:
Sophiee,

I just found out that we could have applied outland while I (the applicant) am in Canada as a visitor. We'd have to go through the VO in Paris which happens to be one of the fastest in Europe, so after much consideration we have decided that, well, screw this and we'll be withdrawing our inland app to re-submit a new one on an outland basis.

Can you please remove me from the inland spreadsheet?

Cheers.
It's done! Wish you all the best with the outland process!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
sophieee said:
It's done! Wish you all the best with the outland process!
Hi Sophie, I also went Outland instead, not sure if I'm still on the Inland spreadsheet or not?
London VO is averaging around 5 months for the whole PR process

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
alicia13 said:
Hi Sophie, I also went Outland instead, not sure if I'm still on the Inland spreadsheet or not?
London VO is averaging around 5 months for the whole PR process
Yeah, I already removed you! And it's good to see that some VOs still working. My outland VO just went up for 17 months (from 10, 13 and 14). I wouldn't be ahead with that either.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
sophieee said:
Yeah, I already removed you! And it's good to see that some VOs still working. My outland VO just went up for 17 months (from 10, 13 and 14). I wouldn't be ahead with that either.
Thank you!
You're Hungarian right?
I hope that you are not having too hard a time with this long wait, if you ever wanted to pick up a new hobby...now would be the time ;D
But joke aside, good luck to you!

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
jbaia said:
In Ontario midwivery is provided FREE OF CHARGE even if you do not have OHIP.

While I congratulate you on wanting to go without an epidural - it would be good to plan to have some extra money just in case you need to have one. I'm Canadian but gave birth last year in Brazil - thankfully had a health plan that covered everything. My goal was to go drug free (even tho I had the plan). However, after 20 hours in labour ended up with an emergency c-section. That was definitely not in my plan -- so my advice is that you plan to have the extra $$ JUST IN CASE. While I hope and pray your labour goes normal, sometimes we just never know what is going to happen.

Good luck to you and your baby!! A wonderful blessing!
Thanks for the advice! I don't have money for the pregnancy or delivery itself, let alone "extra" for an epidural, but I know I'll have the option to add it to my bill (debt) if I need it. Just hoping I don't.

alicia, thank you for coming back here to help us inland folks! And thanks for your advice as well. I am doing all the techniques you suggested re: rasp leaf tea, EPO, yoga ball, etc! Yes, this is my first :) Exciting, despite the money issues!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I guess most of us here with get this new Conditional PR status for 2 years until we can get our Full PR because of the stupid new rule. (unless you meet the rule)

What happens within these 2 years when we are under Conditional PR? Do we keep having to inform the CIC if we move or change address?

What happens once these 2 years are up and we want to now get our FULL PERMANENT PR Status? Does the CIC contact us?

There is just no information on any of this at all and its ridiculous.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
So I guess most of us here with get this new Conditional PR status for 2 years until we can get our Full PR because of the stupid new rule. (unless you meet the rule)

What happens within these 2 years when we are under Conditional PR? Do we keep having to inform the CIC if we move or change address?

What happens once these 2 years are up and we want to now get our FULL PERMANENT PR Status? Does the CIC contact us?

There is just no information on any of this at all and its ridiculous.
As mentioned in the other post, you don't have to do anything. Not even inform CiC of any address change. It does not concern CIC where you live.

The full status of PR will occur automatically after 2 years of landing. So no worries on your part. Will CiC contact you of attaining perm PR status? Maybe but I doubt they will. It's costly to mail or email out the notice. Beside a lot can happen in 2 years. You could have easily moved or even change email address. CIC is not going to spend time tracking you down. Waste of time and money. It is cost effective to make it automatically done after 2 years of landing.

Screech339

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Monkeyfish said:
Thanks for the advice! I don't have money for the pregnancy or delivery itself, let alone "extra" for an epidural, but I know I'll have the option to add it to my bill (debt) if I need it. Just hoping I don't.
I completely understand the money issue (as most of us here do). I'm pregnant with second baby and only just began working. Hubby cannot work until he has OWP... so, I feel for you! I keep praying CIC will get their act together... but in the meantime, even if there is a bill in the end, you will have a lovely little baby to hold! And somehow, everything will work out.

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
Hi all ,Please add me to the spreadsheet ,I'm 2014 inland applicant,with AOR .I have a question ,Do we have to pay all hospital bills or after I receive care card I should submit them and they will be payed automatically .or should I pay them all ,cause it will have effects on my PR approval.What a life ,I feel like I'm not human,no rights no care card ,no work.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
As mentioned in the other post, you don't have to do anything. Not even inform CiC of any address change. It does not concern CIC where you live.

The full status of PR will occur automatically after 2 years of landing. So no worries on your part. Will CiC contact you of attaining perm PR status? Maybe but I doubt they will. It's costly to mail or email out the notice. Beside a lot can happen in 2 years. You could have easily moved or even change email address. CIC is not going to spend time tracking you down. Waste of time and money. It is cost effective to make it automatically done after 2 years of landing.

Screech339
But the CIC State on the website that they might do random checks to see if you are still in the same relationship etc.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Monkeyfish
As far as I know, there are no private insurance policies for foreigners that cover routine pregnancy and delivery costs. Only lab work, radiology and emergencies.
[/quote]
Hey,
Did you contact RAMQ? Were they able to help or suggest anything? Did you found any other organization that could help? Did you sent email to CIC?
I assume you are from the US right? If so, have you ever thought about giving birth there if you will be covered ? to be with your family as well?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
But the CIC State on the website that they might do random checks to see if you are still in the same relationship etc.
Even if they did do a random check, what's the problem? They are likely to ask who are living in the house and once they got their confirmation that you and your common law are living together, they will leave you alone. How does that affect you? You are intending to live with your common law, aren't you?

You seems to be quite worried about this random check? You got a better chance of getting picked out of line for a pat down at the airport security than getting a visit from CIC for an inspection.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jabs 77 said:
Hi all ,Please add me to the spreadsheet ,I'm 2014 inland applicant,with AOR .I have a question ,Do we have to pay all hospital bills or after I receive care card I should submit them and they will be payed automatically .or should I pay them all ,cause it will have effects on my PR approval.What a life ,I feel like I'm not human,no rights no care card ,no work.
When did you receive your AOR?
If you have a care card, then you don't need to pay for hospital bills. If you haven't received it yet, but you are eligible, than collect all your bills and you can ask your money back, but just after date they found you eligible for coverage. The rules of eligibility it's different in every province.

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
I received it in July,don't have a care card,but bills are piling up,depression ,back pains,panic attack .I'm in Vancouver by the way.So I should keep them till I get care card,cause I was thinking I have to pay them off cash,with the money I don't have so it doesn't affect my application.