App. Filed.......
07-27-2012
AOR Received.
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
10-04-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2012
That's weird how the august applications are being processed ahead of July. The site says they are working on applications received on July 12, 2012

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Agnelo said:
That's weird how the august applications are being processed ahead of July. The site says they are working on applications received on July 12, 2012
welcome to the wonderful world of CIC!!! :p

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
rhenanjay said:
I see.

6 months is quite long for the 1st stage, but that's ok, at least ur done with it... good luck for the 2nd stage.

I'll be staying with my wife in Edmonton, how bout you?
Hi Rhenanjay

Ontario is home for me.

I have a feeling that the second stage will be long as well. Oh well, I'll just have to wait.

Good luck

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Agnelo said:
New to this forum and wanted some help. I applied to sponsor my wife who is in USA to the Mississauga office. The application was received on July 27, 2012 however haven't received any information since. Should I have received anything or is it too early?
Still pretty early. Some people have AOR's, but some unlucky few don't get one :(

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
computergeek said:
Which visa office requires all these things be certified? The US rules just say copies (marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce certificate, etc.) and originals (like the PCC and the IMM 1017). I don't recall anything requiring it be a certified copy.
I got this information from Guide 3999:

"Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
•“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
•the name of the original document,
•the date of the certification,
•his or her name,
•his or her official position or title, and
•his or her signature."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

I may be reading too much into the Guide - I'm good at that. It is directly underneath the part of about getting documents translated into English or French. The document checklist says nothing about certifying copies either. However, I took this to mean any photocopy of a document I submit needs to be certified.

Not having to get anything certified would be awesome... ;)

DDG

Star Member
Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HAV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24/12
File Transfer...
Oct 02/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 14/13
VISA ISSUED...
January 24/13
KJG said:
fbee...you are lucking...they are only working up to July 12/12 according to CIC website so if the app of the previous poster was July 27th then you are still within CIC guidlines and if you try and phone more than likely they will say they are only working on July 12th apps......hang in there a little longer and the balance of July apps should be done.......August has been lucky as the majority seemed to have been processed quicker than July......
I sent mine July 24 and called today and they said my application has not been opened yet. That they are processing apps up to July 12/12 but it's been sitting like that for 2 weeks. I am so confused, and nervous now because if people have August then what happened to July??

DDG

Star Member
Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HAV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24/12
File Transfer...
Oct 02/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 14/13
VISA ISSUED...
January 24/13
Agnelo said:
New to this forum and wanted some help. I applied to sponsor my wife who is in USA to the Mississauga office. The application was received on July 27, 2012 however haven't received any information since. Should I have received anything or is it too early?
The office recieved mine on July 24 and I still have not received anything.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
amikety said:
I got this information from Guide 3999:

"Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
•“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
•the name of the original document,
•the date of the certification,
•his or her name,
•his or her official position or title, and
•his or her signature."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

I may be reading too much into the Guide - I'm good at that. It is directly underneath the part of about getting documents translated into English or French. The document checklist says nothing about certifying copies either. However, I took this to mean any photocopy of a document I submit needs to be certified.

Not having to get anything certified would be awesome... ;)
Many of these guides are generic and the section you quote is just defining what certified means. So there are cases where you must have originals or certified copies or certified translations depending upon the type of application. For spousal, my recollection is they wanted original PCC and IMM 1017 (medical receipt) but everything else was a copy. Nothing certified.

I know I certainly didn't get anything certified - it was either an original or a copy.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Okay, thanks for letting me know. That will definitely save me some time! :) :) :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
DDG said:
The office recieved mine on July 24 and I still have not received anything.
DDG....do not stress...sometimes files get separated and a shipment goes to Ottawa if Mississauga has to many applications...this is what seems to be happening lately....it happend in May and April....and the end of May was processed before April and beginning of May.....your file will be fine hang in there a little longer......it won't be long!!! ;D

dennyflex

Sep 28, 2012
hello, i need an advice on this issue bordering me. i am an international student in Canada and recently visited my fiancee a US citizen in the United state and we got married in the court and she wanted to live with me in Canada, which of course she doesn't need a visa to visit me here in Canada as a US citizen yet she do need a work permit to work. now my questions is, what will be the requirements for getting a work permit for her. and also how long will it take before the work permit is issue?.

gideonj

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2012
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
Hey all,

My girlfriend and I have submitted out application for sponsorship (she's canadian Im british).

We live in Canada right now - I'm here for a year's working holiday visa.

I'm trying to work out what to do when it expires (in 3 weeks) and I'm still waiting for the visa (it won't be ready for months). I want to stay as a tourist (I can support myself), but am worried about reentry (was just going to hop into the US and then come back) in these circumstances. I've been here a year, but I've read that you can have issues coming back as a tourist when you are waiting for a permanent residency application to go through.

Any experience with this? Any advice?

Also - if I did have to go home to the UK, would that not break our common law status that the application is based on? Or is it"cashed in" now that we've lived together 3 years?

Any help appreciated - thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dennyflex said:
hello, i need an advice on this issue bordering me. i am an international student in Canada and recently visited my fiancee a US citizen in the United state and we got married in the court and she wanted to live with me in Canada, which of course she doesn't need a visa to visit me here in Canada as a US citizen yet she do need a work permit to work. now my questions is, what will be the requirements for getting a work permit for her. and also how long will it take before the work permit is issue?.
If she qualifies for a work permit, it generally takes 20-30 minutes to get the work permit at the port of entry.

To qualify, she must EITHER be offered a job for a NAFTA-qualifying job (see FW 1 from the CIC website for a list of such jobs, or the NAFTA agreement itself, which has the same list) OR she must be offered a job for which an employer has received a positive Labour Market Opinion letter. She takes the job offer, LMO (if applicable), $150 (work permit fee), two photographs, the completed "outside Canada" work permit application, and evidence that she has the qualifications for the job to a POE offering immigration services and they issue it immediately. For some jobs a medical examination is also required (health care and working with children).

She can also send it in to a visa office in the US, that takes about two months. Or she may also be eligible to apply from inside Canada, which also about two months as well. That's why I suggested the POE approach.

US citizens have the easiest time finding and getting jobs in Canada of any foreign national.

DDG

Star Member
Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HAV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24/12
File Transfer...
Oct 02/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 14/13
VISA ISSUED...
January 24/13
KJG said:
DDG....do not stress...sometimes files get separated and a shipment goes to Ottawa if Mississauga has to many applications...this is what seems to be happening lately....it happend in May and April....and the end of May was processed before April and beginning of May.....your file will be fine hang in there a little longer......it won't be long!!! ;D
Ok thanks. I am second guessing myself now. Thinking I sent it to the wrong place...lol I can't wait to know it's really there, they have it.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
DDG said:
Ok thanks. I am second guessing myself now. Thinking I sent it to the wrong place...lol I can't wait to know it's really there, they have it.
I know the feeling....but honestly it should not be too much longer!!!!! :D