+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

dennyflex

Sep 28, 2012
computergeek said:
If she qualifies for a work permit, it generally takes 20-30 minutes to get the work permit at the port of entry.

To qualify, she must EITHER be offered a job for a NAFTA-qualifying job (see FW 1 from the CIC website for a list of such jobs, or the NAFTA agreement itself, which has the same list) OR she must be offered a job for which an employer has received a positive Labour Market Opinion letter. She takes the job offer, LMO (if applicable), $150 (work permit fee), two photographs, the completed "outside Canada" work permit application, and evidence that she has the qualifications for the job to a POE offering immigration services and they issue it immediately. For some jobs a medical examination is also required (health care and working with children).

She can also send it in to a visa office in the US, that takes about two months. Or she may also be eligible to apply from inside Canada, which also about two months as well. That's why I suggested the POE approach.

US citizens have the easiest time finding and getting jobs in Canada of any foreign national.
Thanks i really do appreciate your warmed advice. i was thinking may be i could sponsor her on my status as a student by submitting our marriage certificate and some other document too for a work permit, since i thought international student are allowed to bring in their spouse to live with them while studying and work too. could you please clarify on this for me?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dennyflex said:
Thanks i really do appreciate your warmed advice. i was thinking may be i could sponsor her on my status as a student by submitting our marriage certificate and some other document too for a work permit, since i thought international student are allowed to bring in their spouse to live with them while studying and work too. could you please clarify on this for me?
Yes - your spouse may qualify for an open work permit since you are here on a student visa. See:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

If you want more help from this forum, you should post you question to the International Students section:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/international-students-b2.0/

sabir83

Sep 25, 2012
Thanks a lot Leon for your reply now, please answer these queries also:
1. Will the NEW Delhi visa office entertain this man’s request to include his wife and kid at this stage when his passport is already submitted to them?
2. And what are the possibilities that the man, his wife and kid will get a PR visa as this man has not updated the Visa office about change in his status that took place while he applied in 2012, and he got married in 2011 and had a baby in 2012 but still kept his status single and didn’t informed the visa office about the change in his status, but since he has completed his medical and PCCs and has already sent his passport to the visa office in the month of july 2012.
3. Will the visa officer reject his PR application as he has not informed them about the social change that took place during 2010 to 2012 and now when his passports are there with the visa officer.
Please reply me its urgent as there questions are eating my brain.

sabir83

Sep 25, 2012
1. Will the NEW Delhi visa office entertain this man’s request to include his wife and kid at this stage when his passport is already submitted to them?
2. And what are the possibilities that the man, his wife and kid will get a PR visa as this man has not updated the Visa office about change in his status that took place while he applied in 2012, and he got married in 2011 and had a baby in 2012 but still kept his status single and didn’t informed the visa office about the change in his status, but since he has completed his medical and PCCs and has already sent his passport to the visa office in the month of july 2012.
3. Will the visa officer reject his PR application as he has not informed them about the social change that took place during 2010 to 2012 and now when his passports are there with the visa officer.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabir83 said:
1. Will the NEW Delhi visa office entertain this man's request to include his wife and kid at this stage when his passport is already submitted to them?
2. And what are the possibilities that the man, his wife and kid will get a PR visa as this man has not updated the Visa office about change in his status that took place while he applied in 2012, and he got married in 2011 and had a baby in 2012 but still kept his status single and didn't informed the visa office about the change in his status, but since he has completed his medical and PCCs and has already sent his passport to the visa office in the month of july 2012.
The sooner he lets them know of his mistake of not including his family, the better his chances of being able to add them. Say he waits until his visa is already issued, they could say that they have closed his file and he would have to apply again from scratch. Not that this is for certain, they could also say that they will re-open it and let him add his family but better that he lets them know immediately to put his visa on hold because he has realized he must add his family.

Keep in mind that whatever happens, he has no choice but to add them. Or what is he planning on doing in the future, go to Canada, leave his wife and kid and pretend they never existed? Landing on a visa he got as single without informing immigration means that he is denying his wife and child. He is basically saying when he lands that yes, I applied as a single and I am still single. This is misrepresentation. If immigration finds out that he had a wife and child at the time he landed, they can revoke his PR. If he tries to sponsor his wife and child, they will find out and may revoke his PR but in any case, they will bar him from sponsoring them because he did not include them.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi;

We have been waiting for the passport request from NewDelhi VO. Have few concerns

1)Applicant has a long list of travel history to various countries over the past 10+years officially and pleasure trips to many South East Asian, Middle East countries. Would it delay the processing time??

2) How long would the VO hold the passport? Applicant has got a travelling job and long time passport hold might affect his job? Any solution to this problem?

3) Once the passport request is made, how long can the passport despatch be delayed?? Along with the PR processing, applicant is also trying for an internal transfer (still to get an answer from the company). So wondering it would be better to wait and hear from company about internal transfer as obtaining work visa might be quicker than Passport stamping?

4) Have paid only one half of CAD 550, the right to permanent fees is yet to be paid. Can that be sent along with the passport? Can the address given for the fee receipt be either of sponsors or applicants (address is different for both)? Does the address given for the first half amount be same as the address for the permanent fee payment?

Would appreciate a reply
Thanks
Vee

RRhasan

Sep 29, 2012
I have been going in circles regarding my sponsorship inquires...my husband and son both are Canadian citizens and we reside in Saudia Arabia...The canadian embassy here doesnt entertain the immigration process and they referred towards aBU dHABI...they havent gotten back to us...i would like to know if anyone knows what is the procedure for Canadianz living outside Canada for sponsoring there spouses and what are the documents required? how much time will it take and how much will it set us back? do we need to go through an agency or not?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
RRhasan said:
I have been going in circles regarding my sponsorship inquires...my husband and son both are Canadian citizens and we reside in Saudia Arabia...The canadian embassy here doesnt entertain the immigration process and they referred towards aBU dHABI...they havent gotten back to us...i would like to know if anyone knows what is the procedure for Canadianz living outside Canada for sponsoring there spouses and what are the documents required? how much time will it take and how much will it set us back? do we need to go through an agency or not?
Start here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Spousal sponsorship page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Guides that are helpful:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#3900E2

Most of what you need to know is on the website and in the guides. You can also read back through this thread or search by keywords for specific questions you have. The process really isn't that complicated. Your husband needs to sponsor you once he has proof he intends to return to Canada for at least three out of the next five years. There's a lot of paperwork involved and it's easy to overthink it (very guilty myself), but it's pretty straightforward other than that.

One thing I would do is read the Specific Country Instructions located here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

They will tell you what you as the applicant needs. This is when I learned I needed a FBI police clearance and a regular background check wouldn't suffice - meaning 5-7 week waiting period before I can submit my application.

dhijay23

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Febuary 2, 2012
AOR Received.
April 23, 2012
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012
Med's Done....
January 5, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
May 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
(DM sept21/12) passport rcvd oct4/12 (visa issued aug18/12)
LANDED..........
Winnipeg :) October 8, 2012
should my husband will be getting his passport back any sooner after DM?

frozenyogurt

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 19, 2012
AOR Received.
JULY 19, 2012
File Transfer...
JULY 30, 2012
Med's Done....
APRIL 03, 2012
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOVEMBER 21, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 28, 2012 in GOD's WILL THANK YOU JESUS!!!!! ♥
Hello, does anybody know if it's mandatory to put the bar codes on top of the IMM0008 and IMM1344 Validated forms? I'm afraid I must have missed that specific instruction and have followed the number sequence of the prints. Although I have validated the forms, the bar codes were placed behind the first few pages. Are they gonna return it and make us re-arrange or should it be alright? I'm worried as we haven't received returned docs or have heard any updates since the Sponsorship status was changed to "Decision Made" in July. I'm an April applicant by the way. TY for reading.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Hi guys I'm new on this website and I saw a lot of good stuff going on here :).My problem is that I had mailed my application for sponsorship in Canada.I sent it n the received since June 7th 2011 and they started the process on June 28th 2011.Me and my wife,we are Quebec residents,Our certificat de selection Quebec MICC was already sent to them.Since then,I never hear from them and my profil on the CIC never got updated.I would like to know what's going on,it's been 15 months now :-(.Any help will be appreciated

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
Hi guys I'm new on this website and I saw a lot of good stuff going on here :).My problem is that I had mailed my application for sponsorship in Canada.I sent it n the received since June 7th 2011 and they started the process on June 28th 2011.Me and my wife,we are Quebec residents,Our certificat de selection Quebec MICC was already sent to them.Since then,I never hear from them and my profil on the CIC never got updated.I would like to know what's going on,it's been 15 months now :-(.Any help will be appreciated
Have you ordered your case notes? They would tell you more information on the status of your application. Since you are far beyond the expected processing time for the first stage of your application, you should also make an inquiry on your case. The telephone service agents should be able to advise you, but many people report getting little useful via that case. You may also wish to contact your MPs office - again, because you are way past normal processing time with no word.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp for ordering case notes. You are inside Canada and requesting them for yourself (and/or your spouse) so there is no fee (it is a "privacy act" request).

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi;

We received the passport request from NewDelhi VO. Have few concerns

1) How long would the VO hold the passport? Applicant has got a travelling job and long time passport hold might affect his job? Any solution to this problem?

2) Once the passport request is made, how long can the passport despatch be delayed?? Along with the PR processing, applicant is also trying for an internal transfer (still to get an answer from the company). So wondering it would be better to wait and hear from company about internal transfer as obtaining work visa might be quicker than Passport stamping?

Would appreciate a reply
Thanks
Vee

~*Dani*~

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6,2012
Doc's Request.
August 16th,2012
AOR Received.
June 20th,2012
Med's Done....
February 17,2012
Interview........
October 18th,2012
Passport Req..
refused........... :(
VISA ISSUED...
so sad
LANDED..........
so upset and sad.
Hi,

I am Canadian citizen from Saskatoon,Saskatchewan and living in Marrakech, Morocco with my Moroccan husband. It will be a year for me here in Morocco. We just celebrated our 1 year marriage anniversary on September 29th.

My husband and I started to apply for Family Class application back in March and the CIC received it in Mississauga on March 6th, 2011. I am approved as a sponsor and they forwarded the application to Canadian Embassy in Rabat.

My husband recently received a email from the Embassy back on August 6th, 2011 that states that they got his application. approximately 1 week later, they emailed him again and requested a proof of work history documentation and RPRF( Right of Permanent Residence Fee). He traveled to Rabat to drop all this off to the Embassy. The security guard told him that our application is fast than others and probably be approved. I been worried a lot and think about it too much.

The Moroccan lady at the Embassy told him that we will receive a phone call very soon for a interview but didn't mention the exact date of appointment. I been checking application status online everyday on CIC website. It kept saying the same thing " application received on March 6th and the medical results received). nothing changed.

do he have to inform the embassy that he is a owner of scooter rental business, before we mailed the application in March, he was working in Casablanca then moved back to Marrakech to be with me so I don't have to shuttle back forth.

I read other threads that people mentioned that visa officers pay a visit to someone's home to be sure it is not a fraud or something or the officers call the family members?

sorry I think too much about this and worried lots about it, very stressful for me. I really want my husband to be with me in Canada and have a good life together to build a family together. my friends and family is so looking forward to see us. I love him so much, I cannot imagine to be without him.

~*Dani*~

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6,2012
Doc's Request.
August 16th,2012
AOR Received.
June 20th,2012
Med's Done....
February 17,2012
Interview........
October 18th,2012
Passport Req..
refused........... :(
VISA ISSUED...
so sad
LANDED..........
so upset and sad.
I made mistake about the year. * corrected.** 2012. not 2011

should I be worried? and please answer to the question:: does visa officers call family members and pay a visa to the house!?

Hi,

I am Canadian citizen from Saskatoon,Saskatchewan and living in Marrakech, Morocco with my Moroccan husband. It will be a year for me here in Morocco. We just celebrated our 1 year marriage anniversary on September 29th.

My husband and I started to apply for Family Class application back in March and the CIC received it in Mississauga on March 6th, 2012*. I am approved as a sponsor and they forwarded the application to Canadian Embassy in Rabat.

My husband recently received a email from the Embassy back on August 6th, 2012* that states that they got his application. approximately 1 week later, they emailed him again and requested a proof of work history documentation and RPRF( Right of Permanent Residence Fee). He traveled to Rabat to drop all this off to the Embassy. The security guard told him that our application is fast than others and probably be approved. I been worried a lot and think about it too much.

The Moroccan lady at the Embassy told him that we will receive a phone call very soon for a interview but didn't mention the exact date of appointment. I been checking application status online everyday on CIC website. It kept saying the same thing " application received on March 6th and the medical results received). nothing changed.

do he have to inform the embassy that he is a owner of scooter rental business, before we mailed the application in March, he was working in Casablanca then moved back to Marrakech to be with me so I don't have to shuttle back forth.

I read other threads that people mentioned that visa officers pay a visit to someone's home to be sure it is not a fraud or something or the officers call the family members?

sorry I think too much about this and worried lots about it, very stressful for me. I really want my husband to be with me in Canada and have a good life together to build a family together. my friends and family is so looking forward to see us. I love him so much, I cannot imagine to be without him. I think about this everyday.should I be worried?