+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Korosia

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
Help us understand your situation first.

So your husband was on a temp visitor visa but it expired in Nov. 2013. Correct? Did you include an OWP application with your sponsorship application?
yes and yes, so We're here on an implied Permanent residency status and we filed all the meds and OWP with our application.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Korosia said:
yes and yes, so We're here on an implied Permanent residency status and we filed all the meds and OWP with our application.
As long as you're sure you are on Implied status that's the most important thing. CBSA does not like it when people overstay their visas.

My partner and I recently traveled to her home country for a 3 week vacation. She is currently on a visitors status and is from a visa exempt country. When we came back to Canada the thing that the officer was most concerned about is that she maintained her legal status in Canada. Other than that there were no issues for us. We do not yet have AIP.

Not sure if being on Implied status makes any difference to them. Are you planning on traveling with your partner to Hungary?

Korosia

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
As long as you're sure you are on Implied status that's the most important thing. CBSA does not like when people overstay their visas.

My partner and I recently traveled to her home country for a 3 week vacation. She is currently on a visitors status and is from a visa exempt country. When we came back to Canada the thing that the officer was most concerned about is that she maintained her legal status in Canada. Other than that there were no issues for us.

Not sure if being on Implied status makes any difference to them. Are you planning on traveling with your partner to Hungary?
No sadly, I couldn't get the time off work, and He's the best man, and My hungarian is minimal at the most. It made more sense for me to stay home and work for the summer.

We're def. Not breaking any rules. I'm just worried about him coming back in alone, and 4 weeks away. It will be close to 11 months too by the time he arrives back, so I just want to make sure he's back in time in case they do need him for anything.

I'm guessing out AOR, Receipt of Payment, Marriage Certificate and his old visitor pass will be enough paperwork.

But I just want to be sure.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Korosia said:
No sadly, I couldn't get the time off work, and He's the best man, and My hungarian is minimal at the most. It made more sense for me to stay home and work for the summer.

We're def. Not breaking any rules. I'm just worried about him coming back in alone, and 4 weeks away. It will be close to 11 months too by the time he arrives back, so I just want to make sure he's back in time in case they do need him for anything.

I'm guessing out AOR, Receipt of Payment, Marriage Certificate and his old visitor pass will be enough paperwork.

I think you might be better off if you travel with him. Did you send in your application by registered mail? Do you have a receipt for that?
Have you checked with CBSA yet?

Korosia

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
I think you might be better off if you travel with him. Did you send in your application by registered mail? Do you have a receipt for that?
Have you checked with CBSA yet?
Yeah We sent Registered mail, and I have the AOR as well. When we Called CIC asking if we could call CBSA they said no. I'm wondering if we should just try calling this directly and seeing what they say... but we've called them before and have had pretty terrible luck.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Korosia said:
Yeah We sent Registered mail, and I have the AOR as well. When we Called CIC asking if we could call CBSA they said no. I'm wondering if we should just try calling this directly and seeing what they say... but we've called them before and have had pretty terrible luck.
I'm fairly certain you can call them check online for a number.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Korosia said:

If I'm understanding you correctly, he is currently on implied status. I would think, and please anyone who knows more - jump in, that he would lose his implied status if he left the country and would not be able to re-enter based on implied status. I think he would need a new visitor's visa.

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
I am just starting to read about citizenship process in the citizenship part of this forum.. i know its early. Is it true that with the new bill it doesnt matter if ive lived in canada for 6 or so yrs before becoming PR? I have to wait 4 full yrs before applying? And then its additional 24 months for straight forward cases according to current timeline?? TIA

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AchankengCrawford said:
If I'm understanding you correctly, he is currently on implied status. I would think, and please anyone who knows more - jump in, that he would lose his implied status if he left the country and would not be able to re-enter based on implied status. I think he would need a new visitor's visa.
I would also say you CAN NOT maintain implied status when you leave Canada, it's restricted a "waiting" status for a visa extension, there's nothing to do with your allowance to enter Canada, when you come back you going to have a new status and a new visa.

As an example; countries where you need to apply for a "entering" visa, you can have implied status inside Canada but a "entering" visa expired.
That means you have a legal status as implied (waiting for a new status), but you can not leave Canada, as you would lose this "waiting" status, and would have to apply for a new visa to enter.

Be careful I've read in a lot of places that application can be withdraw if you leave the country.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
AchankengCrawford said:
Yes I think you lose implied status but the husband is from Hungary which I believe is a visa exempt country and could re-enter as a visitor. So it's up to CBSA whether to let him re-enter the country. I think the author should be careful and definitely try to check with CBSA.

Korosia

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
Yes I think you lose implied status but the husband is from Hungary which I believe is a visa exempt country and could re-enter as a visitor. So it's up to CBSA whether to let him re-enter the country. I think the author should be careful and definitely try to check with CBSA.
Yes Hungary is a visa exempt country, so we'd just need to have his visitor pass renewed.
We'll call out local cbsa office Wednesday post his first canada day :)

We'll let you know what we hear :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Korosia said:
Yes Hungary is a visa exempt country, so we'd just need to have his visitor pass renewed.
We'll call out local cbsa office Wednesday post his first canada day :)

We'll let you know what we hear :)
Once your spouse leaves the country "implied status" is removed. When he returns, if he is allowed re-entry, he would be on a 'new' visitor status. This should have no effect on him, unless he is currently working on an 'implied status' work permit. If he is doing this, when he leaves the country he can NOT return to Canada and pick up his job again. If he is just a 'visitor' and waiting on his application to process it won't matter so long as he is allowed to enter Canada again. Remember, each time you leave the country you will be reassessed at the border for entry again. If he should get someone having a bad day it could mean his refusal and the loss of your current INLAND application.

Best of luck.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
bruneian said:
I am just starting to read about citizenship process in the citizenship part of this forum.. i know its early. Is it true that with the new bill it doesnt matter if ive lived in canada for 6 or so yrs before becoming PR? I have to wait 4 full yrs before applying? And then its additional 24 months for straight forward cases according to current timeline?? TIA

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

Time you have lived in Canada
You must have resided in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before you apply. This does not apply to children under 18.

*out of the 1095 days required, you have to be a PR for 2 yrs to be eligible, and the days before obtaining the PR count as half day.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Canada Day! I know times have been stressful waiting on immigration, but today we should sit back and remember why we want to be a part of this country. It really is a great place to be! :D