+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Krinaaa

Jun 19, 2013
hi everybody, hope everybody is doing fine, i have a question me and my husband move to diferent apartment now that immigration requiered from me more proof of genuine relacionship, i wasnt expecting that so we didnt put my name in the new lease i just didnt think i need it now is there a diferent betwen been just and occupant on the lease or i have to be a tenant as him is that relevant i just wanna to add my name because feeling that this will never end going for one year waiting no work permit and sponsorship aceptance receive but is just a letter they didnt really mean it :mad:, yes exactly how u read it i was so happy i though finally i was going to wait for the next 8 month of the second step but when i call them what happend with my work permit they say well the first step is not done yet , so i told him the letter says he is accepted and that u guys will start working on my pr, and he say well merelly the letter is just to attach with the time and to kind of say that we are working on it ......................... yes past 11 months and is like nothing happen still even my husband got the letter so the ask me for more proof of a genuine relationship, so im trying to dont lost even small details so wondering if i should be on the list as tenant or occupan ;D thanks

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Hi. Myhusband recently took his oath as a canadian citizen. Does that have any effect on my inland sponsorship application? Thanks.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
computergeek said:
The problem is that the website is the only place it says this. The regulations and the manuals are clear that Outland processing is the preferred path. Indeed, what AIP grants the applicant is an exception to the normal rule that PR must be applied for at a visa office outside Canada (just to demonstrate how confusing that means, for some applicants that visa office is in Ottawa). But the website says many things that confuse people (and don't agree with the actual regulations or law).
Could you point me in the direction of where it indicates that outland is preferred? I feel like I did quite a bit of research in regards to our application and did not get this impression. (Just for my curiosity; regardless, inland was the best decision for us as my partner is from Cameroon.)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
AchankengCrawford said:
Could you point me in the direction of where it indicates that outland is preferred? I feel like I did quite a bit of research in regards to our application and did not get this impression. (Just for my curiosity; regardless, inland was the best decision for us as my partner is from Cameroon.)
I think this is the section I was referring to (OP 1, Section 5.16):

Permanent resident applicants – Family and economic (federal skilled workers, Quebec skilled workers, provincial nominees and business classes):

R11(1) requires that all applicants for permanent residence (other than applicants who come under Part 8 of the Regulations – Convention Refugees Abroad and Humanitarian Protected Persons Abroad) must submit their applications to the visa office responsible for:
• the country where the applicant is residing, if the applicant has been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year; or
• the applicant’s country of nationality, or if the applicant is stateless, their country of habitual residence other than a country where they are residing without having been lawfully admitted.
This also led me to a nice little gem here:

Applications for permanent residence from spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children have the highest priority, along with children to be adopted. Other members of
the family class follow. These are operational, not regulatory priorities. The Department aims to process 80% of sponsorship and permanent residence applications submitted on behalf of the
high-priority group of spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children within six months.
(Source: OP 2, Section 5.6)

I'd have to say that they aren't meeting this goal.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
filipina311 said:
Hi. Myhusband recently took his oath as a canadian citizen. Does that have any effect on my inland sponsorship application? Thanks.
It won't have any effect, but you should notify CIC, send them a copy his citizenship certificate.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Krinaaa said:
hi everybody, hope everybody is doing fine, i have a question me and my husband move to diferent apartment now that immigration requiered from me more proof of genuine relacionship, i wasnt expecting that so we didnt put my name in the new lease i just didnt think i need it now is there a diferent betwen been just and occupant on the lease or i have to be a tenant as him is that relevant i just wanna to add my name because feeling that this will never end going for one year waiting no work permit and sponsorship aceptance receive but is just a letter they didnt really mean it :mad:, yes exactly how u read it i was so happy i though finally i was going to wait for the next 8 month of the second step but when i call them what happend with my work permit they say well the first step is not done yet , so i told him the letter says he is accepted and that u guys will start working on my pr, and he say well merelly the letter is just to attach with the time and to kind of say that we are working on it ......................... yes past 11 months and is like nothing happen still even my husband got the letter so the ask me for more proof of a genuine relationship, so im trying to dont lost even small details so wondering if i should be on the list as tenant or occupan ;D thanks
I think it's a good idea to get a new lease, preferably with the original date you moved in.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Do you physically have to live outside of Canada to apply outside of Canada?

Could my common-law partner have applied outside of Canada and continue to work on her PGWP while remaining physcally in Canada?

If stage 1 only take 55 days, that seems like the better option. Why did we apply inland?? :(

Also, if you apply outside of canada and get your 1st stage approval, can you apply for a OWP after you get 1st stage approval? (like you can with inland applications?)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bankerguy said:
Do you physically have to live outside of Canada to apply outside of Canada?

Could my common-law partner have applied outside of Canada and continue to work on her PGWP while remaining physcally in Canada?

If stage 1 only take 55 days, that seems like the better option. Why did we apply inland?? :(

Also, if you apply outside of canada and get your 1st stage approval, can you apply for a OWP after you get 1st stage approval? (like you can with inland applications?)
Your common law could have and have option to apply "outland" while working on PGWP. However there is no "OWP" option for "outland" applicants. They have to maintain their legal status while in Canada awaiting on "outland" papers. In your case, your common law can continue working on PGWP however must quit the job on day of expire date as it cannot be renewed. However must apply to transit PGWP to visitor status before PGWP expires.

Or get employer to apply for LMO for a closed work permit and get regular work visa before PGWP expires as well if your common law wants to work in Canada while "outland" is in process.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
screech339 said:
Your common law could have and have option to apply "outland" while working on PGWP. However there is no "OWP" option for "outland" applicants. They have to maintain their legal status while in Canada awaiting on "outland" papers. In your case, your common law can continue working on PGWP however must quit the job on day of expire date as it cannot be renewed. However must apply to transit PGWP to visitor status before PGWP expires.

Or get employer to apply for LMO for a closed work permit and get regular work visa before PGWP expires as well if your common law wants to work in Canada while "outland" is in process.

ahhh so outland applicants can not apply for an OWP with 1st stage approval.. good to know

It doesnt matter anyways, we've already applied outland..... only 2 months of applications ahead of us... so we might as well wait.

Ive never really read up on LMO. How does that work? An employer completes a document saying that they want to hire someone then that person gets a closed work permit? is it a painful process?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bankerguy said:
Ive never really read up on LMO. How does that work? An employer completes a document saying that they want to hire someone then that person gets a closed work permit? is it a painful process?
A Labour Market Opinion Letter is issued by HRSDC and authorizes the employer to hire a foreign worker. It requires that the prospective employer demonstrate they have made reasonable attempts to find a qualified applicant in Canada (citizen or permanent resident). Note that the employer cannot be majority controlled by the applicant (e.g,. your partner cannot own more than 50% of the employer).

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
I called CIC again....and the agent looked into my file and said that it is still being processed in vergreville...and that it states that it should be done processing (DM) september 9th...my app was received march 2013...jan 2014 i got 1st stage approval..i got to apply for AN OWP & health card...i guess we shall see...this waiting game has made me very ill with the stress...congrats to all of the people who have received good news! to the people that have been waiting for less than a year...relax

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bankerguy said:
ahhh so outland applicants can not apply for an OWP with 1st stage approval.. good to know

It doesnt matter anyways, we've already applied outland..... only 2 months of applications ahead of us... so we might as well wait.

I thought you guys went with the "inland" approach. You were debating on when your common law can get 1st stage approval and get OWP before her PGWP expires. You figured that she had lot of time even under the longer 1st stage approval to meet the PGWP deadline.

Screech339

Korosia

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!

Long time Lurker, first time poster in this forum.

My husband is going through the process of immigrating from Hungary. We're a Sept. 11 applicant and we're excitingly waiting for our AIP. The problem is that he's been invited to be the best man in a wedding in Hungary this summer. I thought we'd have enough time, but it hasn't been enough. The ticket's are already bought and we don't want to jeopardize. He'd be gone for 4 weeks.

If we have all our paper work in order, and according the the "Vacation" Rules on the CIC website ....
Including the prerequisites for a temp Visitor visa (It's long been Expired... It expired in Nov. 2013)
Will he be let back in?
Cic doesn't like to a give a straight answer, and I've read of this forum that some people have had luck with it. I think we just need some reassurance.

Thanks Everyone!

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Has any march 2014 applicant received AOR?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Korosia said:
Hey guys!

Long time Lurker, first time poster in this forum.

My husband is going through the process of immigrating from Hungary. We're a Sept. 11 applicant and we're excitingly waiting for our AIP. The problem is that he's been invited to be the best man in a wedding in Hungary this summer. I thought we'd have enough time, but it hasn't been enough. The ticket's are already bought and we don't want to jeopardize. He'd be gone for 4 weeks.

If we have all our paper work in order, and according the the "Vacation" Rules on the CIC website ....
Including the prerequisites for a temp Visitor visa (It's long been Expired... It expired in Nov. 2013)
Will he be let back in?
Cic doesn't like to a give a straight answer, and I've read of this forum that some people have had luck with it. I think we just need some reassurance.

Thanks Everyone!
Help us understand your situation first.

So your husband was on a temp visitor visa but it expired in Nov. 2013. Correct? Did you include an OWP application with your sponsorship application?