07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
sarah1003 said:
inland sponsorship application have been extremely frustruating. Read this article. I think cic needs to step it up.
http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/06/28/foreign_spouses_trapped_in_canada_due_to_sponsorship_backlog.html
Just frustrating, I understand the waiting difference with outland and inland, i also understand that outland is faster than inland, at the time of sending application we sign up for 6 -8 months waiting not 11-12 months waiting. Ggggggg.... During the transfer why they did not finish all application submitted in CPC-V first and directed new application in CPC-M, this way the 4-5 months delay should have been avoided.

Also, what i don't understand from cic they focus on re-unification for the family. For us Inland you want us to be separated in our spouses. Doesn't make sense.

At least during AOR they should allow the applicant to work, for them to ease the frustration.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
sarah1003 said:
inland sponsorship application have been extremely frustrating. Read this article. I think cic needs to step it up.
http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/06/28/foreign_spouses_trapped_in_canada_due_to_sponsorship_backlog.html
Oh that is such a weak response - blame the Libs who were in power 8 years ago? Wait times have increased on this government's watch. We all know that the current delays are related to the Mississauga transfer and you can't reasonably blame the Liberals for that. I also don't understand why they were discussing family reunification timelines. Outland is only faster for some (mostly high GDP) countries - what about the rest of us? Are people who have chosen to be with their spouses throughout this process also not worthy of attention? Come on!

In an effort to cheer myself up - Today I'm heading to my friend's apartment to have a rooftop pool party! I'm then going to watch some World Cup on Monday with friends. Canada Day plans are still to be formed, but we'll probably go to our legislature grounds and then go to a friend's apartment to watch the fireworks. What are all your Canada Day/Long Weekend plans?

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
Ignorant comments like this piss me off. "Torontonian12
Also, so many spouses come to Canada and immediately file divorce and live together and claim money from govt. for child support, single parent, and enjoy combined income as well. I think CIC must take 5-8 years to process spousal sponsorships."

Sure, delay everything for 5-8 years simply because of what a minority does. Also making such a generalization. Ridiculous.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
sarah1003 said:
inland sponsorship application have been extremely frustruating. Read this article. I think cic needs to step it up.
Got to read the link thia am but tried reading it again today, but link cant be found anymore. Oh well...

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
shyla36 said:
Got to read the link thia am but tried reading it again today, but link cant be found anymore. Oh well...
It's still there - try searching Nicholas Keung on the Toronto Star website.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
AchankengCrawford said:
It's still there - try searching Nicholas Keung on the Toronto Star website.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Daizey said:
I still don't understand why they are pushing so hard for us to apply outland. We're still going to be citizens, it's just a matter of time, either way. I can't believe they really think it would be in our best interest to be away from our spouses, who are our loves and our lives, for so long. It's very callous and insensitive. I don't care how much longer it takes, I don't want be away from my husband for any length of time, period.
I don't follow the concern here. Outland applicants aren't prohibited from being inside Canada.

The general rule for Canadian immigration is that applications for permanent residence must be made outside Canada. That doesn't really have anything to do with the location of the applicant. It is a requirement of the "spouse/partner in Canada" class that the applicant be living with the sponsor in Canada, but this doesn't mean you cannot apply via the main (preferred) process of Outland while the applicant is inside Canada.

I had the option (since I was living with my spouse in Canada) and decided to go for the Outland process, not the least of which was because my work requires that I travel outside Canada on a regular basis.

If an Outland applicant is in Canada, it is important to remain in status, however.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
computergeek said:
I don't follow the concern here. Outland applicants aren't prohibited from being inside Canada.

The general rule for Canadian immigration is that applications for permanent residence must be made outside Canada. That doesn't really have anything to do with the location of the applicant. It is a requirement of the "spouse/partner in Canada" class that the applicant be living with the sponsor in Canada, but this doesn't mean you cannot apply via the main (preferred) process of Outland while the applicant is inside Canada.

I had the option (since I was living with my spouse in Canada) and decided to go for the Outland process, not the least of which was because my work requires that I travel outside Canada on a regular basis.

If an Outland applicant is in Canada, it is important to remain in status, however.
I think part of the concern is the status thing - it is not very easy for people from certain countries to remain in status, part of the concern is that outland is a much longer process for people from some countries, and the part of the concern is that the website presents as such:

"If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-Law Partner; (linked to inland application)

OR,
If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class. (linked to outland application)"

It is misleading for the ministry to say that outland is preferred when the website directs you towards an inland application and makes it look like that is the correct way to apply when both outland and inland are acceptable for people living in Canada. How are people supposed to know that they can apply outland if their partner is living in Canada when the website implies otherwise?

wictory

Jun 29, 2014
Hi All,

My wife and I sent our application around end of Nov, 2013. I am just wondering how much longer it will take until we got approved. is there anybody applied inland around this time and heard something ? I am going crazy staying at home and not able to work aaaaaaaaaaaah.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
wictory said:
Hi All,

My wife and I sent our application around end of Nov, 2013. I am just wondering how much longer it will take until we got approved. is there anybody applied inland around this time and heard something ? I am going crazy staying at home and not able to work aaaaaaaaaaaah.
Sorry Wictory...but they're only now processing up to the end of July 2013. :( It's probably going to be awhile until you hear something. I can totally relate, I've been here since November of 2012 not working, and I'm going absolutely stir crazy!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
I think part of the concern is the status thing - it is not very easy for people from certain countries to remain in status, part of the concern is that outland is a much longer process for people from some countries, and the part of the concern is that the website presents as such:

"If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-Law Partner; (linked to inland application)

OR,
If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class. (linked to outland application)"

It is misleading for the ministry to say that outland is preferred when the website directs you towards an inland application and makes it look like that is the correct way to apply when both outland and inland are acceptable for people living in Canada. How are people supposed to know that they can apply outland if their partner is living in Canada when the website implies otherwise?
Exactly!

It's why we felt like we had to go with a lawyer in the first place, trying to follow the website is ridiculous and confusing. Our lawyer even told us upfront that we didn't need him, our case was straight forward. But the process is so confusing, we didn't want to make any mistakes. And our lawyer advised to apply inland...I feel like we should have applied outland at this point, but oh well. Too late now! :)

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
AchankengCrawford said:

OR,

It does but then if you arecurrently living in Canada and you come from, lets say Asia or Europe which is a flight aways, wold you gamble in gong the outland when the airfare going back to your country cost an arm and a leg just to get your visa and interview? . It may be ideal to go outland if you are from a closer country and airfare cost is not a huge factor.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daizey said:
I still don't understand why they are pushing so hard for us to apply outland. We're still going to be citizens, it's just a matter of time, either way. I can't believe they really think it would be in our best interest to be away from our spouses, who are our loves and our lives, for so long. It's very callous and insensitive. I don't care how much longer it takes, I don't want be away from my husband for any length of time, period.
I also don't understand, I see it just like an excuse for the inland delay.
CIC provides 2 types of sponsorship, if not, they shouldn't have the inland option.
For some countries you can't easily go in and out Canada, and it's hard to get a visa or maintain a status, so inland for many couples is the way to stay together while the process is on going, like implied status.

In my case when I start with the documents to apply, 1st stage was 6 months, and it was for a long time, which is a fair time (same as a TRV). It's close to 12 months now (double the time) and most people waiting can not work, a country that depend on immigrants to have a running economy, seems strange to me to not speed the process and allow people to work, while they accepting foreign workers in other type of visas everyday anyway. In our case our family is here, we could just be productive at the same time.

wictory

Jun 29, 2014
yes i agree, they should give us an open work permit for the time being. well, i have already been waiting for 7 months , i should hear something from them in a few months i guess .... i go to the park everyday like a retired old grandpa.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
AchankengCrawford said:
I think part of the concern is the status thing - it is not very easy for people from certain countries to remain in status
That is the most significant advantage of the Inland process: if your spouse/partner is in Canada they can remain in Canada. If they are without status they will be returned to status as part of the Inland sponsorship. I have personally worked with at least one person who had been out of status for twenty years and landed successfully earlier this year. The system does work well for such cases.

AchankengCrawford said:
the part of the concern is that the website presents as such:

OR,

The problem is that the website is the only place it says this. The regulations and the manuals are clear that Outland processing is the preferred path. Indeed, what AIP grants the applicant is an exception to the normal rule that PR must be applied for at a visa office outside Canada (just to demonstrate how confusing that means, for some applicants that visa office is in Ottawa). But the website says many things that confuse people (and don't agree with the actual regulations or law).

Hearing the present government blaming the backlog on the prior government is disingenuous - that was eight years ago and I certainly hope that none of the cases that were in queue at that time are still waiting.