Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
MaxLet said:
I'm with you in this one, I totally understand you. Im tired of seen my husband working his a** off while I cant do anything else than WAIT... It's true that sometimes people don't value the opportunities they get... I mean, I believe that there's no bad job when it is an honest job. Im a lawyer in my country and speak 5 languages (and a dialect) and its so frustrating to not been able to work, I honestly feel -like you say- like I dont exist. It doesnt matter how much I studied or the certificates I have or the work experience.. doesnt matter, cuz no one will hired me not even at a mcdo's... It is so sad! We're not asking for them to give us a job, but just the opportunity to apply to one... and let the employer decide if we are worth it...
I want to be a "full-person" again...
In another matter, does anyone know, or understand, why AIP (approval in principle) takes longer when we are "inland"... I mean... outlanders get "sponsor approval" really fast... isn't it kind of the same?

God Bless and Good luck!
All we can do is breath..and wait!
Yup. Same here. The feeling of helplessness and the man of mine working his butt off to support the both of us and a dog ^^

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
MaxLet said:
In another matter, does anyone know, or understand, why AIP (approval in principle) takes longer when we are "inland"... I mean... outlanders get "sponsor approval" really fast... isn't it kind of the same?

God Bless and Good luck!
All we can do is breath..and wait!
I believe they process outland applications faster, as it is important for families to be re-united. Whereas 'inland' they believe the families are already together.
Sucks for us, but can see both sides of it :)

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
ArtSnow said:
Just venting, as I know a lot of people will feel like I do...
After this morning had to refuse my 4TH job offer this year because I don't hold a WP, here I am at McDonalds to buy some coffee, at my side this young lad is talking to the lady manager about a job, and as she is telling him that he may start any time he wants as they really need someone as like yesterday, he starts telling her that he is not so sure about it, as his doctor told him he shouldn't be on his feet for a long time because some sort of injury he recently contracted, so he's not sure about working there and he rather start on a part time basis and then, if he likes the job and the people he might consider a full time position (sic).
They pay 11.80 per hour and he is also not so sure about it...
And all I feel like is screaming, as I would take it in a heartbeat, regardless I have a master degree in Business & Administration, speak and write 4 languages and can program computers in 3 different languages...
Seriously, and then we're like the criminals here, "robbing" jobs to the Canadians... We... as we wait, unable to get sick, unable to get a drivers license, unable to study, unable to exist, always afraid the police will come to us and asks us about something that might compromise our staying here...
I came from one of the most miserable countries in Europe, but at least there our immigrants are allowed to work the moment they start their legalization process, if they get refused they are sent back, but at least they are allowed to exist, to be...
Just venting, as I wonder if I post this or not, because my IP can be traced and I might suffer even more on the hands of I don't even know who...
God bless you all...
Hi,

i truly empathise with your frustration. I don't have anything significantly helpful to add per se, just wanted you to know that if you are in ontario you can go ahead and apply for a driver's license. Your immigration status does not matter. I'm not sure about other provinces. Hope this will be a bit helpful.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
boredhousewife said:
Hi,

i truly empathise with your frustration. I don't have anything significantly helpful to add per se, just wanted you to know that if you are in ontario you can go ahead and apply for a driver's license. Your immigration status does not matter. I'm not sure about other provinces. Hope this will be a bit helpful.
That would be great if we could do that.. I wonder if Alberta allows us to do that!!

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
How's it going today Line.a? Think we see an updated yet or still shuffling through all of those October 8th apps.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014

Hi Boredhousewife......

Can we apply for drivers license even while we r on visitors visa and the application for sponsorship has been sent?

By the way I like ur name......I am also a bored house wife ryt now......

Thanks

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree. For the last couple of years, 1st stage was listed as taking 8-10 months. This is nothing new.

Outland is the way to go if you are in a hurry.

laura8388 said:
I believe they process outland applications faster, as it is important for families to be re-united. Whereas 'inland' they believe the families are already together.
Sucks for us, but can see both sides of it :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
CANUSA31 said:
How's it going today Line.a? Think we see an updated yet or still shuffling through all of those October 8th apps.
I am enjoying the fact it isn't toasty hot outside.
No updates yet you say? It's amazing how the can keep working on one day still. How much longer wiifm we have to wait?!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
With inland Application, you can at least be with your loved one and get an OWP while they process your PR (that is after approval of stage 1), which is why I decided to apply inland. I didn't see much of a difference when it came to waiting time for both inland and outland. Unfortunately, they are currently taking a lot longer to process anything. Especially inland. :(

figtoria said:
I totally agree. For the last couple of years, 1st stage was listed as taking 8-10 months. This is nothing new.

Outland is the way to go if you are in a hurry.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
boredhousewife said:
Hi,

This is what it says on the Ontario Government's page:

"Visiting: more than 3 months
If you will be visiting from another country for more than 3 months, you will need an International Driver's Permit (IDP) from your own country.

This is a special licence that allows motorists to drive internationally when accompanied by a valid driver’s licence from their country.

You need to have this permit with you when you arrive in Ontario. You cannot apply for one once you are here."

Is there another way to get a licence as a visitor? I would love to know since I've miss driving! LOL

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
LaylaLala said:
This is what it says on the Ontario Government's page:

"Visiting: more than 3 months
If you will be visiting from another country for more than 3 months, you will need an International Driver's Permit (IDP) from your own country.

This is a special licence that allows motorists to drive internationally when accompanied by a valid driver's licence from their country.

You need to have this permit with you when you arrive in Ontario. You cannot apply for one once you are here."

Is there another way to get a licence as a visitor? I would love to know since I've miss driving! LOL
In my theory book it states that if you're able to prove that you're here long term (so I'm guessing some kind of proof that we applied for PR inland) or maybe once we receive our OWPs then I'm pretty sure we are able to go to the registry to apply for one :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I already did ask earlier since I'm more than excited to be able to drive (I had cataracts and was nearly blind) so I was denied being able to drive for a couple years.. :)

Have a look at this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/when-can-i-start-driving-t156067.0.html

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Hi guys.

I sent my application yesterday after months and months of collecting documents, phew..

Is this a spreadsheet that someone is maintaining for this thread?

Also I had a question. I have put in a OWP application with my file so I will have implied status after 25th July, that's when my study permit will expire (PS I come from a non-visa exempt country). I was wondering If I should apply to extend my stay as a visitor just to have that Authorization documents in my hand.. Do you think it should be worth it? I don't mind spending 75$ or 150$ for the peace of mind having some kind of status rather than the implied status. Also what implication would it have on my application or my traveling history if it gets rejected? What are the odds of getting approved for a visitor visa after I have applied inland for sponsorship? I wouldn't like saying YES on those visa forms that ask if I have been rejected for a visa ever? And Is it ok to have two TRP applications at the same time?

Sorry for asking too many questions :(

Thank you in advance!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
5hr3wd said:
Hi guys.

I sent my application yesterday after months and months of collecting documents, phew..

Also I had a question. I have put in a OWP application with my file so I will have implied status after 25th July, that's when my study permit will expire (PS I come from a non-visa exempt country). I was wondering If I should apply to extend my stay as a visitor just to have that Authorization documents in my hand.. Do you think it should be worth it? I don't mind spending 75$ or 150$ for the peace of mind having some kind of status rather than the implied status. Also what implication would it have on my application or my traveling history if it gets rejected? What are the odds of getting approved for a visitor visa after I have applied inland for sponsorship? I wouldn't like saying YES on those visa forms that ask if I have been rejected for a visa ever? And Is it ok to have two TRP applications at the same time?

Thank you in advance!
I had doubts about that too and extended my stay but was only given 4 months for some silly reason.
Apparently you don't need to extend it since you included the OWP along with your application. That should be fine :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
5hr3wd said:
Hi guys.

Thank you in advance!
First, you aren't asking for a TRP (that's a special document used to overcome inadmissibility). You'd be asking for a TRV. But you only need a TRV if you plan on traveling TO Canada, and since you are already here you and shouldn't leave, you don't need a TRV.

TRP = "Temporary Resident Permit". A special document issued at the discretion of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration to permit an otherwise inadmissible person to enter Canada anyway.
TRV = "Temporary Resident Visa". A document permitting the holder to travel to Canada.
VR = "Visitor Record". A document permitting the holder to stay in Canada as a visitor.

You could ask for a VR, but since you have a pending application you are covered under implied status. In the unlikely chance you need to prove that you have a pending application your receipt for the fee payment should be sufficient evidence.