Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
boredhousewife said:
Thank God he is ok. So sorry this happened.
Yeah me too it's not the typical phone call you'd expect when someone says he's in the way in an ambulance.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
When it rains it pours!! Sorry to hear about the accident. If he's off for a while you guys will get to spend some time together which might help the days go by quicker, but not the reason you want to spend the time off together for.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
CANUSA31 said:
When it rains it pours!! Sorry to hear about the accident. If he's off for a while you guys will get to spend some time together which might help the days go by quicker, but not the reason you want to spend the time off together for.
Haha I'm sure he gets bored enough staying at home for a long time. He's the type of person who gets restless when he's sitting down for too long lol. Yeah it was a close one, glad he's ok at least! :)

salsal31

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hi guys,

This might be good news for us in reference to the strike, thought that I should share this link http://www.ottawacitizen.com/opinion/editorials/Editorial+strike/8683875/story.html

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
We finally sent my PR app through common law today ( My girlfriend is sponsoring me ) with meds done, police checks & the full fee's with the app.
So happy to finally not have to spend my weekends doing paper work & chasing up documents.
Now for the LONG wait but at least it's in now.

Thanks for all the helps guys I would of had a even harder time with my app without this forum.

Now back to enjoying my summer good luck everyone

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
woodyc said:
We finally sent my PR app through common law today ( My girlfriend is sponsoring me ) with meds done, police checks & the full fee's with the app.
So happy to finally not have to spend my weekends doing paper work & chasing up documents.
Now for the LONG wait but at least it's in now.

Thanks for all the helps guys I would of had a even harder time with my app without this forum.

Now back to enjoying my summer good luck everyone
It's such a relief sending off the application!! Good luck, and yes welcome to the waiting game :)

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
buza said:
First of all, I want to say thank you to all here as your Q & As helped me alot during my inland application! Please also kindly add my timeline to 2013 inland spreadsheet!

1. Application mailed to Vegreveille on March 11, 2013 with medical & police.
2. Application received by CIC on March 13, 2013.
3. Email received (AOR?) from CIC & in process on March 21, 2013.
4. Sent OWP on June 3, 2013 & recieved by CIC on June 5, 2013.

Good luck everyone! ;)
Hi Buza!
We're on the same boat (I applied march 2013 too)
Can you please guide me on how did you add the OWP app? I can see you did it after!
I was told by an agent that that wasnt possible cuz they will not be able to match my owp app and my sponsorship app.
He told me to wait for AIP... but if you did it, i would like to save time and do it!
Thanks for your help! GOOD LUCK!

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forgot-to-include-owp-application-with-inland-spousal-app-t109506.0.html;msg1582942#msg1582942

use this to attach OWP's to an application that is already in Vegreville after you get your UCI and application #.

poppy88

Jul 24, 2013
so im new to this forum, ive written on a few others, including britishexpats but would try you guys for some info

my lawyer reccomended without a doubt going for the inland procedure.
i'm sceptical though

here's my situation
on my 2nd IEC which will expire mid may, i go to mexico on august 10 for 7 days, excited for sure.
now i still havent got my medicals or police checks, but ive heard of people sending them off later, id rather not do this as i guess it would dely the application more than if you were to wait for them.

im so unsure whether to do inland or outland, outland would be in london and according to the website it would be 28 days plus 10 months, so 11 months average, if sent off beginning of sept looking at a PR in july, leaving only 1-2 months not working, ok i guess would rather not be stuck out of work

or inland, now i cant leave really, but i would get my OWP by may if i applied by sept, well i would hope for sure i would, but in the current situation it appears things are taking longer than 6 months, but this option would let me stay, although not leave (big bummer) and work vs outland possibly not working for 2 months but being able to leave

can anyone help me with this decision?

also has anyone who applied inland left canada, either by plane or car, i want to take a short, 5 day trip in feb, and thinking if it was before my OWP came through and i was still on my IEC visa things might be ok? not sure, lawyer said do not leave on inland

hope someone out there can help!!

thanks for all the helpful posts i've already read

Jul 21, 2013
Edmonton
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
poppy88 said:
so im new to this forum, ive written on a few others, including britishexpats but would try you guys for some info

i'm sceptical though

here's my situation
on my 2nd IEC which will expire mid may, i go to mexico on august 10 for 7 days, excited for sure.
now i still havent got my medicals or police checks, but ive heard of people sending them off later, id rather not do this as i guess it would dely the application more than if you were to wait for them.

im so unsure whether to do inland or outland, outland would be in london and according to the website it would be 28 days plus 10 months, so 11 months average, if sent off beginning of sept looking at a PR in july, leaving only 1-2 months not working, ok i guess would rather not be stuck out of work

or inland, now i cant leave really, but i would get my OWP by may if i applied by sept, well i would hope for sure i would, but in the current situation it appears things are taking longer than 6 months, but this option would let me stay, although not leave (big bummer) and work vs outland possibly not working for 2 months but being able to leave

also has anyone who applied inland left canada, either by plane or car, i want to take a short, 5 day trip in feb, and thinking if it was before my OWP came through and i was still on my IEC visa things might be ok? not sure, lawyer said do not leave on inland

So... I applied in land and I am REALLY regretful about it.

Try to make for sure that your country office is taking that time. Then it is true!!! it is not taking 6 months first stage inland. CIC still working in Oct2012 app (no AIP no DM).

Also, from your country I do not believe you will have problems traveling around if you have first stage approval outland. Because inland you won´t be able to travel until first stage approved.

Try to find people from your country. A friend of mine from Germany took 7 months the whole thing (inland) but it was like 3 to 4 years ago.

I hope it helps.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
poppy88 said:

i'm sceptical though

here's my situation

I'd recommend you and your partner to go think about it for a while. As long as you are able to convince them you're qualifying as common law or married. Go Outland if you like to go home, because it is a long wait. To inland of you feel like that's better plus having a pending OWP gives you implied status. But you two may end up going to the visa office that's processing the app if they need an interview and you're in canada

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
And no definitely don't leave if you decide to go inland, in case you're denied when re-entering your application may be jeopardized!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I deeply regret applying inland (U.S. citizen). It's been 9 months now, with no AIP. (OWP is not an issue for me, as I'm not yet bilingual, and I live in a very French part of Québec, so I likely can't work until my language skills improve.) I'm not sure what @waitingsincedec meant, but you are advised NOT to travel at all outside of Canada for the entire duration of the application process (not just for the first stage), which will likely be more than a year. It doesn't seem that bad at first...but what if your family in your country of origin gets sick? What if a family member has a new baby? What if the Canadian winter is OMG SO COLD AND LONG and you just want to take a holiday to someplace warm? What if you're near the border, and friends want to hop over to the U.S. for some cheap hot wings (seriously, I'm the AMERICAN who couldn't cross the border in Ottawa with my husband and his friends)?

My advice is, if your VO has reasonable wait times, and if you can afford to be unemployed once your current permit expires, AND if you can afford to travel back to your VO in the case of an interview being requested, go outland. Until you're living it, you have no idea how restrictive "no travel outside of Canada" will really be.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
QuebecOkie said:
I deeply regret applying inland (U.S. citizen). It's been 9 months now, with no AIP. (OWP is not an issue for me, as I'm not yet bilingual, and I live in a very French part of Québec, so I likely can't work until my language skills improve.) I'm not sure what @ waitingsincedec meant, but you are advised NOT to travel at all outside of Canada for the entire duration of the application process (not just for the first stage), which will likely be more than a year. It doesn't seem that bad at first...but what if your family in your country of origin gets sick? What if a family member has a new baby? What if the Canadian winter is OMG SO COLD AND LONG and you just want to take a holiday to someplace warm? What if you're near the border, and friends want to hop over to the U.S. for some cheap hot wings (seriously, I'm the AMERICAN who couldn't cross the border in Ottawa with my husband and his friends)?

My advice is, if your VO has reasonable wait times, and if you can afford to be unemployed once your current permit expires, AND if you can afford to travel back to your VO in the case of an interview being requested, go outland. Until you're living it, you have no idea how restrictive "no travel outside of Canada" will really be.
I hear ya.. I regret it too. But we didn't really have the proof yet to go Outland and I'd hate to be away from him since we already lived 6 months apart. And I thought english was difficult to learn and speak? French I couldn't even imagine - it'll come naturally at one point or another :)

I already lost 3 people in my life last year and I couldn't travel home to pay a little respect to their funeral.. I was pretty upset with it, since oh yeah they don't care about that.. But there isn't so much we can do about it.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
French has been VERY hard for me (and my bilingual husband left three weeks after the move, and I was alone up here for 4.5 months, haha), but I'm finally starting to get a bit of a base. There's a free full-time French program for immigrants available through the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications (I'm sure I messed up an accent or a preposition or an article in that name) here in Québec that I *should* qualify for after I get AIP, at least.

I'm so sorry that you were not able to join friends and family to grieve when you lost those close to you. :( Choosing this road DEFINITELY has some challenges and sadness. I just try to remember that the days will continue to march by, and someday this will be in the past.