Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
I may be too early in the process to complain but this backlog for inland applicants doesn't make sense to me. CIC should process stage 1 fast like in 3-4 months and give the applicants a chance to work which will in turn generate tax income for Canada. If there are fraudsters they have the chance to find them and reject them later as stage 2 takes about 8 months.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
computergeek said:
I cannot find anything in IRPR that calls out anything special about IEC work permits. Thus, it seems a reasonable interpretation of the law and regulations that one can continue working. However, if you want to be certain, get an opinion letter from an immigration attorney. If she or he will give you a letter stating that this is a reasonable interpretation of the law no one would be able to fault you for following that advice.

Similarly, if you can get someone from CIC (like the call centre) to say the same thing in writing then you're fine. Otherwise, you're making an argument that this interpretation of law is the correct one. It's probably enough to avoid criminal issues, but probably not enough to have CBSA deport you if they disagree.
For inland applications for PR, it is usually the CBSA officer's discretion to stay a deportation order, if the applicant meets all other criteria besides being out of status. As stated in their manuals, they should let the applicant stay in Canada until a decision has been made on their application.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Something weird happened today, i got a call from blocked no. telling me that i had a mail from Alberta and asking for my new address. I have given my new address. The caller said this mail is fast track from Alberta and he gave my previous address on which it was sent to. As, far as i know CIC doesn't send fast track only snail mail. I have nothing else connected to Alberta just this application. What on earth is going on?
Did anyone else experienced this? I am going to my old address today or tomm. to ask if something did come there.

P.S. When i asked who it was he would change topic.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
hey guys home that u are excited about the new immigration minister!!!1 ;)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
guri3577 said:
Something weird happened today, i got a call from blocked no. telling me that i had a mail from Alberta and asking for my new address. I have given my new address. The caller said this mail is fast track from Alberta and he gave my previous address on which it was sent to. As, far as i know CIC doesn't send fast track only snail mail. I have nothing else connected to Alberta just this application. What on earth is going on?
Did anyone else experienced this? I am going to my old address today or tomm. to ask if something did come there.

P.S. When i asked who it was he would change topic.
Sounds like someone phishing to scam.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
guri3577 said:
I may be too early in the process to complain but this backlog for inland applicants doesn't make sense to me. CIC should process stage 1 fast like in 3-4 months and give the applicants a chance to work which will in turn generate tax income for Canada. If there are fraudsters they have the chance to find them and reject them later as stage 2 takes about 8 months.
I agree we are suffering slightly with just one income, and what kind of life is it to be at home "full time" if ones fully capable of working!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Line.a said:
I agree we are suffering slightly with just one income, and what kind of life is it to be at home "full time" if ones fully capable of working!
I went back to school just to get cost of living funds after my savings ran out.

lubojart

Jul 15, 2013
Hello! I'm new here, a friend showed me this website :)
I'm applying inland in Quebec and my forms were received by CIC on June 12th. Is there someone else applying here?
Also, silly question, but how do I change all the dates and info to show up under my avatar?
Thank you!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
lubojart said:
Hello! I'm new here, a friend showed me this website :)
I'm applying inland in Quebec and my forms were received by CIC on June 12th. Is there someone else applying here?
Also, silly question, but how do I change all the dates and info to show up under my avatar?
Thank you!
Go to profile on the bar on the top page and them you can change your profile and account settings :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I have a bit of an urgent question!!
My current visitor record runs out in just little under a month. The VO only gave me 4 months and not 6 which I found very strange. I have been told earlier that having an inland and OWP pending I don't need to extend it at all - is that right?

Also there is no chance of being denied (knowing that I was only given 4 months previously) when having a pending inland spousal application?

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
Line.a said:

i agree comppletly with you, is a suffer and even if you find many activities for people like us who just want to work, make some money/savings it feels just weird, i have been waiting for alomost 5 months now, and on the website says application recieved, 2 weeks ago i called the call centre and they told me application is on process, and today after 3 weeks i called again and they said application is just recieved, it will take 5 more months just to start to processing it.

:(

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Heya! Just curious co-applicants.. So we submitted our PR app along with my OWP app last March. I'm on a work permit and won't expire until November of this year. If that expires, I will still be on implied status, correct? I'm reading comments above about this and some of you said no need to renew visa/work permit as long as they have submitted an OWP app. My questions is, how do you maintain your healthcare? For me, my work permit is for Nova Scotia, so I still have Nova Scotia health until my work permit expires. But I no longer live there anymore, I'm here in Alberta now since our son was born last year. Alberta won't grant me Alberta health since I'm on a work permit for NS. They said though that if I extend my stay as a tourist/TRV and a proof that we have submitted our PR app, then that's when I'll be eligible to apply for Alberta health.

I'm battling between extending my stay as a tourist as what I was advised to be eligible for Alberta health or just wait for my OWP. It'll be 8 months from when we have submitted our app to the expiration of my work permit.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
mariannamurrieta said:
i agree comppletly with you, is a suffer and even if you find many activities for people like us who just want to work, make some money/savings it feels just weird, i have been waiting for alomost 5 months now, and on the website says application recieved, 2 weeks ago i called the call centre and they told me application is on process, and today after 3 weeks i called again and they said application is just recieved, it will take 5 more months just to start to processing it.

:(
Ugh that sucks alright.. I don't even bother calling I think I may just check ecas every once in a while. It sucks though I'm bored of being off work, and once I start working its going to be extremely difficult to get into the whole process again since my body clock is all over the world right now lol.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
mrsc08 said:
Heya! Just curious co-applicants.. So we submitted our PR app along with my OWP app last March. I'm on a work permit and won't expire until November of this year. If that expires, I will still be on implied status, correct? I'm reading comments above about this and some of you said no need to renew visa/work permit as long as they have submitted an OWP app. My questions is, how do you maintain your healthcare? For me, my work permit is for Nova Scotia, so I still have Nova Scotia health until my work permit expires. But I no longer live there anymore, I'm here in Alberta now since our son was born last year. Alberta won't grant me Alberta health since I'm on a work permit for NS. They said though that if I extend my stay as a tourist/TRV and a proof that we have submitted our PR app, then that's when I'll be eligible to apply for Alberta health.

I'm battling between extending my stay as a tourist as what I was advised to be eligible for Alberta health or just wait for my OWP. It'll be 8 months from when we have submitted our app to the expiration of my work permit.
What type of open work permit? Aka - How did you get the OWP? Several types are not extendable and not eligible for "Implied Status" as a worker. (But you can remain even as a Visitor.)

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
I don't understand the question. Currently I'm on a restricted work permit, I'm only allowed to work at my employer and in NS. I stopped working though cause in on maternity leave and my son and I flew here in Alberta to move in with my now-husband. I'm not planning to renew that restricted work permit as that would mean I have to move back to NS.

I applies for an OWP together with our sponsor and PR app. Are there different kinds of OwP?