+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
rifat said:
applied4PR.

Well my local office is Calgary office so my husband and I went to the main police station in downtown and asked them to do the fingerprints because I was going to sponsor him inland. It was done in 2011 December so I can't remember exactly if we booked an appointment for it or not but they took in my husband took his finger prints and a pic and sent us home. After a month we got his Canadian Police Certificate. But because my lawyer misguided us we had to do the canadian police cert which was not necessary for inland applicants because he's moving from the states they need a FBI Cert from his country.

fingers crossed... I hope the states don't cause a delay because of the gov freeze that happend 2 months ago there... We are just one step away from getting his PR and that is the FBI Cert from the States.

All the Best.
Thanks and to you too...........

Ngawang

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
etobicoke
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
09-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
Hi everyone,
I have got another question here. My AOR was received on June 03 of this year. I tried to check the status online but its not working. it has only been 5 months since my application was received. Does that mean I have to wait until the eleven month period comes?
and also, is there anyway that my wife can travel back to states and come back prior to getting AIP?

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Ngawang said:
Hi everyone,
I have got another question here. My AOR was received on June 03 of this year. I tried to check the status online but its not working. it has only been 5 months since my application was received. Does that mean I have to wait until the eleven month period comes?
and also, is there anyway that my wife can travel back to states and come back prior to getting AIP?
hi I got my aor in june and my ecas is working just fine I just put in my application # and my information . However my sponsor s ecas dones not work. Cic is now working in the eleven month apps right but I am hopfull that things will pick up faster and the processing time will decrease. Like all the members keep saying it is not recommended toleave the country when you got an inland app in case you are not allowed back in you application will be abandoned.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
applied4PR said:
Apparently, once we get the OWP, the race to land a good job would only get started! considering the fact that citizens, permanent residents and then work permit holders with "Canadian" experience or education would get preference, my chances of getting a high paying job (commensurate with my international experience) looks like a far fetched dream.
I hear ya! It's been very frustrating, but in the end, we have to stay focused on what brought us here in the first place. I lost my mother this year, and it is very frustrating to know that I have to stay here instead of going back home to deal with all the paper work I have to deal with over there and not to mention the fact that my entire family is over there. Coping with it has been very difficult, especially knowing that I'm "stuck" here with nothing to do. I did go to her funeral and when I came back the officer was actually very nice, gave me his condolences and let me back in. And what keeps me strong is the fact that I have a wonderful man by my side. Someone who my mother loved because she knew how much he loves me. And that's what made her happy, to know that her little girl found someone after so many heartbreaks. It may seem cheesy, naive and crazy for some. But nobody else matters in this situation. Only the people who are directly involved. I know that some can't understand this, but time will make them understand. And that, for me at least, gives me the strength to focus on what is really important here. Every day that passes gets us a little bit closer to the finish line. I must add that this forum makes the waiting a lot easier. So, thank you all for taking the time to write about your experiences. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! And remember, stay strong! We'll get there. ;)

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Hello.

Is there anyone here who travelled abroad while waiting for AIP?
I received my AOR in September. I want to go to Cuba with my wife on my vacations, but not sure if that's a good idea.
I know there are risks for my wife to not being allowed back, but there seems to be many people who travelled abroad and re-entered to Canada without any problem.
I just want to know if there are any case where they got refused re-entry.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
LaylaLala said:
I hear ya! It's been very frustrating, but in the end, we have to stay focused on what brought us here in the first place. I lost my mother this year, and it is very frustrating to know that I have to stay here instead of going back home to deal with all the paper work I have to deal with over there and not to mention the fact that my entire family is over there. Coping with it has been very difficult, especially knowing that I'm "stuck" here with nothing to do. I did go to her funeral and when I came back the officer was actually very nice, gave me his condolences and let me back in. And what keeps me strong is the fact that I have a wonderful man by my side. Someone who my mother loved because she knew how much he loves me. And that's what made her happy, to know that her little girl found someone after so many heartbreaks. It may seem cheesy, naive and crazy for some. But nobody else matters in this situation. Only the people who are directly involved. I know that some can't understand this, but time will make them understand. And that, for me at least, gives me the strength to focus on what is really important here. Every day that passes gets us a little bit closer to the finish line. I must add that this forum makes the waiting a lot easier. So, thank you all for taking the time to write about your experiences. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! And remember, stay strong! We'll get there. ;)
Laylala:

Very sorry to know about your mother's passing away.......Indeed, its the people in our lives who actually make it worth living!

Stay Strong........

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
JohnnyP said:
Hello.

Is there anyone here who travelled abroad while waiting for AIP?
I received my AOR in September. I want to go to Cuba with my wife on my vacations, but not sure if that's a good idea.
I know there are risks for my wife to not being allowed back, but there seems to be many people who travelled abroad and re-entered to Canada without any problem.
I just want to know if there are any case where they got refused re-entry.
I have travelled with my husband while awaiting AIP. We went to England for 2 weeks and had no issues with re-entering Canada upon arrival. That being said it was still very stressful and totally depends on the IO you get. I brought along with me the receipt of payment and also the AOR email. Also my husband is visa exempt so he didn't need any type of visa to re-enter. Hope this helps!!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Thank you SmithyLind !!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
SmithyLinds said:
I have travelled with my husband while awaiting AIP. We went to England for 2 weeks and had no issues with re-entering Canada upon arrival. That being said it was still very stressful and totally depends on the IO you get. I brought along with me the receipt of payment and also the AOR email. Also my husband is visa exempt so he didn't need any type of visa to re-enter. Hope this helps!!
CBSA officers are very well aware of what it means to refuse an inland applicant re-entry at the border. A negative decision at that stage can be challenged (though I've never heard a case where it was) and a CBSA officer knows they would need to have good cause for such a refusal (e.g., criminality issues).

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
LaylaLala said:
Hi Laylalala. Sorry to hear about the passing away of your mom. Based on what you said about her, she sounds so sweet. She is like my mother who was so elated tha i found a very nice sweet guy that even if it meant that i had to leave them to be with him, she was still all smiles when i flew out of my country. And thank you for reminding us the reason why we all came here. Have a wonderful week everyone!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
shyla36 said:
Hi Laylalala. Sorry to hear about the passing away of your mom. Based on what you said about her, she sounds so sweet. She is like my mother who was so elated tha i found a very nice sweet guy that even if it meant that i had to leave them to be with him, she was still all smiles when i flew out of my country. And thank you for reminding us the reason why we all came here. Have a wonderful week everyone!
Thank you both Shyla36 and applied4pr. Stay strong ;)

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
rifat said:
applied4PR.

Well my local office is Calgary office ..........................because he's moving from the states they need a FBI Cert from his country.

All the Best.
Rifat,

Did the CIC ask for both the FBI clearance and the State police clearance from the US?

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone. I've been lurking here for awhile and have decided to start posting, because the anxiety of this long wait is just too much sometimes! It would really help to be able to talk with people who understand.

I am sponsoring my American fiance. On the website, under Sponsorship Application Status, it says 'In Process'. They received our application January 15, and started processing on February 13.

Under 'Permanent Residence Application Status' it says Application Received.

Our package was sent to Vengreville. We included an application for a Work Permit in our packet, and his medical as well...how long until that medical expires? Is it a year?

I just need some help understanding what's next...should we have heard something by now? It just feels like we've been waiting forever!
We do have a representative who helped us massively with the actual application portion, but she isn't much help during the waiting period...just keeps saying "I'll call you when I have an update".

Any advice or words of encouragement are appreciated! Bear with me, I'm still learning all the acronyms and stuff that you guys use. ;)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
jsker said:
Hey everyone. I've been lurking here for awhile and have decided to start posting, because the anxiety of this long wait is just too much sometimes! It would really help to be able to talk with people who understand.

I am sponsoring my American fiance. On the website, under Sponsorship Application Status, it says 'In Process'. They received our application January 15, and started processing on February 13.

Under 'Permanent Residence Application Status' it says Application Received.

Our package was sent to Vengreville.

I just need some help understanding what's next...should we have heard something by now? It just feels like we've been waiting forever!
Hi, jsker. Which province do you live? If you live in Quebec, you would have been asked about CSQ from CIC. But if you live in other province, your situation is normal and you have not heard anything after AOR. Yes, e-cas shows exactly as you said. What's next? You will be approved as a sponsor and your fiance will receive AIP, maybe next month. I understand your feeling, but be positive! ;)

jsker

Jul 8, 2013
Hamilton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomorisu said:
Hi, jsker. Which province do you live? If you live in Quebec, you would have been asked about CSQ from CIC. But if you live in other province, your situation is normal and you have not heard anything after AOR. Yes, e-cas shows exactly as you said. What's next? You will be approved as a sponsor and your fiance will receive AIP, maybe next month. I understand your feeling, but be positive! ;)
Thanks so much for your reply! I edited my post to include some extra info, guess I should have also included where I live LOL.
We are in Ontario. It's very reassuring to know my situation is normal - it was beginning to feel like they lost my application or something. Sorry but what is AIP??