12-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
AIP, DM & OWP 20-Jan-14
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here... In the process of sponsoring my hubby from the US. Our inland application was sent on April 12, 2013 and AOR was received on April 22, 2013.

We did not submit the medical upfront as CIC told us that we should wait until it is requested.

And so we wait...

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
BobbyJo said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here... In the process of sponsoring my hubby from the US. Our inland application was sent on April 12, 2013 and AOR was received on April 22, 2013.

We did not submit the medical upfront as CIC told us that we should wait until it is requested.

And so we wait...

Welcome on here!

Yeah I think quite a few didn't include medicals with the app since there's a great chance we'd have to redo them again at one point. Such a long wait hey :)

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
July 23rd 2014 :)
I was told by the Immigration Office that yes you may travel but travel at your own risk because according to her even after having multiple visas some ppl are denied entry depending on who the officer is at the customs/border..

My husband and I are flying to the states in 3 weeks we have got our approval letters and my husband does have his valid visa's to come back.. so hopefully he won't be stopped...

the last time we did that was in May of this year and the Immigration officer at the border didn't even ask us any questions we only showed him my husbands visitor visa and drove back smoothly...

so again yes there is risk yet if you meet a real nice officer they will let you in without any problems.

so All the very best to you if you are planning on going abroad. and wish us luck too that we come back easily too :)

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here.... just want some advise/answers....

I sent my Spouse Sponsorship Application- inside Canada, last January 23, 2013 via UPS and was received the next day in CPC Vegreville, AB.
As I were looking today on my Email I noticed that the postcode was different on the UPS proof of delivery.
I didn't noticed it until now (very stupid of me) that instead of T9C 1W3, the proof of delivery says T9C 1W5 (last number was different).
I am very sure that I have put on the envelope was T9C 1W3 and it also says on the UPS form that I have signed.

I checked on the CIC website that T9C 1W5 postcode was for the
General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information):
CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

VS.

WHAT I REALLY WROTE ON THE ENVELOPE:
CPC Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3

Will this affect my application? because I have not received any acknowledgement/letters until now. Do I suppose to receive any?
It says on the current processing time on the CIC website that they are Working on applications received on November 27, 2012.

Please enlighten me. I'm so worried.

Thank you!

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
Some people say you should wait for your medicals and apply later... it is totally up to you, my husband did his with the original sponsorship application. I believe his Medicals have been extended even though they are valid only for a year. But because the Immigration took 20 months to call us for an interview the officer sent in a request to extend his medicals. we are only asked for his FBI Certificate from the states.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
I would suggest you call the CIC and ask them about it.

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
After sending your spouse inland applications are you suppose to receive a acknowledgement letter that they received the application or not? What would be next after they received the application in CPC AB?

thanks!

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
Once they receive your application they do send you an acknowledgement letter stating that they have received your application for sponsorship and in that letter they also send you the UCI number for your use to check online status on CIC. we sent in my husbands application in March 1 2012 they sent us a letter in June 2012 that they have received our application. If its been this long since January and you have not heard from the Immigration call them and ask them about it.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
sweetpea22 said:
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here.... just want some advise/answers....

I sent my Spouse Sponsorship Application- inside Canada, last January 23, 2013 via UPS and was received the next day in CPC Vegreville, AB.
As I were looking today on my Email I noticed that the postcode was different on the UPS proof of delivery.
I didn't noticed it until now (very stupid of me) that instead of T9C 1W3, the proof of delivery says T9C 1W5 (last number was different).
I am very sure that I have put on the envelope was T9C 1W3 and it also says on the UPS form that I have signed.

I checked on the CIC website that T9C 1W5 postcode was for the
General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information):
CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

VS.

WHAT I REALLY WROTE ON THE ENVELOPE:
CPC Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3

Will this affect my application? because I have not received any acknowledgement/letters until now. Do I suppose to receive any?
It says on the current processing time on the CIC website that they are Working on applications received on November 27, 2012.

Please enlighten me. I'm so worried.

Thank you!
Hi sweetpea. We have the same case. I sent mine via UPS too and i know that i wrote T9c 1W3 and i got an acknowledgement from uPS via their tracking that it was received by a certain Nixon. Then i looked at the tracking it said T9c 1W5 in the proof of delivery. I was worried for a bit. But after 20 days got an acknowlegement letter from CIC (AOR) so it did go to the right address i intended to. Maybe you should call CIC about the AOR so you have a file number or UCI thats what others did when they did nit receive AOR cause you should be able to log in your ecas by now. Also, you may want to check your junk folder ( sponsor's email) as aor is sent to the sponsor.
Hope this helps.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Line.a said:
I really hope we can travel after stage 1 I am feeling rather homesick right now! :(

How are you guys coping with being away from family and what not? It seems my parents never will get over the fact I decided to move out here to be with my man. It's very difficult sometimes I'm thinking! :/
Don't even start.......I had left a very prosperous career and a great loving family back home, to be with my husband here. I've missed important family weddings. They are also upset with me for not being there and here I am confused and sometimes question the logic behind the whole immigration process that has put my career in limbo. It is a steep price to pay just to be with your husband, thats for sure!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
applied4PR said:
Don't even start.......I had left a very prosperous career and a great loving family back home, to be with my husband here. I've missed important family weddings. They are also upset with me for not being there and here I am confused and sometimes question the logic behind the whole immigration process that has put my career in limbo. It is a steep price to pay just to be with your husband, thats for sure!
Wow, seems like you wrote what was on my mind. I (like most of us, here) also had a very prosperous career and my life was always on the go back home. I have never been unemployed in my life not a single day and here I am stuck at home doing whatsoever. There are times, i can deal with it just fine but there are those days when i feel so down and alienated. Sure, there are new friends i meet, but everytime we go out, i had to spend some money and i didnt like that. Its hard already living on one income and going out with friends is already a luxury. Hubby is very supportive, he doesnt understand why canada immigration has to make it very stringent and difficult. I still have more months to wait. I take it one day at a time, i just hold on to the fact that someday, soon, we all become "normal " again.

rifat

Oct 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2012
AOR Received.
06-18-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Interview........
10-21-2013
LANDED..........
applied4PR said:
How did you get the Canadian (RCMP) Clearance cert? I had called the CIC about it and the agent told me that it was not necessary for the candidate to provide it because the CIC would get it from RCMP..............
applied4PR.

Well my local office is Calgary office so my husband and I went to the main police station in downtown and asked them to do the fingerprints because I was going to sponsor him inland. It was done in 2011 December so I can't remember exactly if we booked an appointment for it or not but they took in my husband took his finger prints and a pic and sent us home. After a month we got his Canadian Police Certificate. But because my lawyer misguided us we had to do the canadian police cert which was not necessary for inland applicants because he's moving from the states they need a FBI Cert from his country.

I would suggest call the CIC and ask them to clear you on this situation. I do also know that police clearance from a foreign country has to be valid for 3 months. so If you haven't go this done and are already waiting on your stage 2, do get the police clearance done because that does take a while... My husband just sent in his application for FBI cert last week and we are waiting on that so...

fingers crossed... I hope the states don't cause a delay because of the gov freeze that happend 2 months ago there... We are just one step away from getting his PR and that is the FBI Cert from the States.

All the Best.

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
!

shyla36 said:
Hi sweetpea. We have the same case. I sent mine via UPS too and i know that i wrote T9c 1W3 and i got an acknowledgement from uPS via their tracking that it was received by a certain Nixon. Then i looked at the tracking it said T9c 1W5 in the proof of delivery. I was worried for a bit. But after 20 days got an acknowlegement letter from CIC (AOR) so it did go to the right address i intended to. Maybe you should call CIC about the AOR so you have a file number or UCI thats what others did when they did nit receive AOR cause you should be able to log in your ecas by now. Also, you may want to check your junk folder ( sponsor's email) as aor is sent to the sponsor.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Shyla! :D

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
shyla36 said:
I (like most of us, here) also had a very prosperous career and my life was always on the go back home. I have never been unemployed in my life not a single day and here I am stuck at home doing whatsoever. There are times, i can deal with it just fine but there are those days when i feel so down and alienated. Sure, there are new friends i meet, but everytime we go out, i had to spend some money and i didnt like that. Its hard already living on one income and going out with friends is already a luxury.
I know exactly what you mean. I feel just about the same way. And while we sit and do nothing no one gains; not us, not our spouses and families to whom we have to depend, and not Canada whose economy could be improved by us working, making money and paying taxes.

But we can't help it, and once we're in there's no choice but to wait it out.

applied4PR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Ariandel said:
I know exactly what you mean. I feel just about the same way. And while we sit and do nothing no one gains; not us, not our spouses and families to whom we have to depend, and not Canada whose economy could be improved by us working, making money and paying taxes.

But we can't help it, and once we're in there's no choice but to wait it out.
Apparently, once we get the OWP, the race to land a good job would only get started! considering the fact that citizens, permanent residents and then work permit holders with "Canadian" experience or education would get preference, my chances of getting a high paying job (commensurate with my international experience) looks like a far fetched dream.