+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
This is great thanks for posting these. I thought the article was excellent!! I hope people here will read it and strongly consider signing the petition about having an audit done on CIC. It would be great to see some transparency and real movement with this process!!!

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
Guanaquito said:
Guys hope this news have a big impact and makes us to get AIP and DM soon ;D :D

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/01/17/couples-in-limbo-demand-audit-of-spousal-sponsorship-program.html

Go to the website and give your comment, its very important to support this article.
This is great news. Bout time something was said about cic's performance in the inland offices.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Lorelai12 said:
Hi GFDVCA,

Can I ask if you received sponsor approval with this or just the request for more information? Also, I was wondering when they ask for more proof, do they indicate if that is proof since sending your application in or just more proof in general? This seems to be a common request and I am wondering if they don't think they are getting enough proof initially or if they just want to ensure people are still together. Finally, I really hope you get DM when you hear back and I hope you hear back soon!!!
Lorelei,

No sponsor approval. I'm posting a sterilized version of our letter below.

Dear GFDVCA,
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:

xxxxxxxx - GFDVCA:
> Client Information: Proof of cohabitation from 2013/XX/XX to present. This must be
received at this office by: 2015/XX/XX

> Proof of Relationship: Additional documentation proving your relationship with your
inviter/family member. This must be received at this office by: 2015/XX/XX

> Client Information: Updated contact information including residential address and
telephone numbers for both sponsor and principal applicant. This must be received at this office by: 2015/XX/XX

Unless original documents are specifically requested, please submit copies of supporting documents. All Police Certificates must be original. They will not be returned to you.

All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
jmarie88 said:
I'm wondering if CIC agents take 2 weeks or so of applications to their desk and work from that pile. Looking at the spreadsheet, it seems like most applicants from middle to end of September are being asked for more proof of relationship or cohabitation. Maybe that one agent is more strict than some others? I'm curious to know if the initials at the bottom of the letters are the same for those applicants.

Anyway, I hope you get AIP/DM together after they get your proof!!!

Did you receive a letter in the mail or was this an email requesting more proof?
It was an email requesting more proof. Officers initials are MLA. Are you aware of others who have received this same email? If so can you share the initials? Thanks.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Littlesoldier said:
It is great to see that at least someone is working on our files!

I wonder if those who have been requested for more information, especially proof of relationship, are they married or common law ?
We were legally married in Canada and we've been asked for more proof. I can tell you that our original application was VERY complete with pictures, chat records and other supporting material.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Crossed the border earlier tonight and I can tell you that the questions were less rigorous with the OWP in hand, when compared with prior CBSA airport encounters during this process.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gfdvca said:
Crossed the border earlier tonight and I can tell you that the questions were less rigorous with the OWP in hand, when compared with prior CBSA airport encounters during this process.
tell me more! so you traveled while you had a OWP and your current PR is in Progress?

Did the boarder agent say anything about you were not allowed to Travel?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
automaton82 said:
Thank you for posting this. It's on the front page of the star.com now with over 170 comments.

The CIC will, in time, pay for their actions. As a Canadian citizen by birth, no matter when my spouse gets PR I will never let them get away with this behaviour. Thankfully it seems many others are of the same mindset.

It's beyond unacceptable, and I do not want any other Canadians and soon-to-be Canadians to have to go through what we all have.
The CIC won't pay for anything unless we all voice our protest of their ridiculous behavior.

I recommend that everyone contacts their MP's office, they're very helpful, and they're our voice in parliament.
I asked my MP if they get a lot of complaints like mine, and the answer was "no, not at all".

We're Canadian, and as Canadians we always put up with getting walked all over.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to hear any speeches about how this is a privilege, about how foreigners should just be thankful they get anything at all. I don't want to hear elitist banter about 1st generation Canadian vs 5th generation Canadian.

There's a system in place, and that system lies and misleads. It's not what we signed up for.
All we want is a little communication, but all we get is the occasional news flash about someone's sad story.

Please Canadians, contact your MP's, let them know about this. Make sure your message makes it to someone who can do something about it.

I would gladly contribute to an audit, as long as it's conducted by a private firm.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Hey guys! I am not from a visa exempt country though I do have my OWP through the pilot program.
My TRV expired last year. I was wondering if I can get a visa stamp for re-entry? I'm planning to visit the US next month. If anyone can help me here, that would be great! Thank you!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
CIC Website has been updated, they are now processing Septmber 3rd applicants. Someone a few pages back was a Sept 3rd applicant who received owp SP and AIP...

So they are indeed on Sept 3 applicants.

:)

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
bankerguy said:
CIC Website has been updated, they are now processing Septmber 3rd applicants. Someone a few pages back was a Sept 3rd applicant who received owp SP and AIP...

So they are indeed on Sept 3 applicants.

:)
Oooooh i should hear something this week! ! September 3rd! ! ::)

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
gfdvca said:
can you please tell us a little bit more about it? What did they ask?

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Tilikun said:
That's one of the oldest lies that those USELESS agents will tell you . They told me the same and I still went ahead and did my medicals on January 2014 , then I called cic the next week and they confirmed the they received my medicals .
Thanks Tikkun.

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know any of the dec 2013 applicants received their OWP under OWP pilot pgm.

application submitted along with OWP application : Dec 3, 2013
CIC received : Dec 9, 2013
Started processing : Jan 14, 2014.

Please let me know.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaur84 said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know any of the dec 2013 applicants received their OWP under OWP pilot pgm.

application submitted along with OWP application : Dec 3, 2013
CIC received : Dec 9, 2013
Started processing : Jan 14, 2014.

Please let me know.
How could CIC have started processing your application that fast?