Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Ponga said:
How could CIC have started processing your application that fast?
that's not impossible since a lot of the 2014 applicants have received their OWP under the new pilot program already

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
gfdvca said:
We were legally married in Canada and we've been asked for more proof. I can tell you that our original application was VERY complete with pictures, chat records and other supporting material.
Are they asking for proof of cohabitation from the day you sent in your application to present or from when you were married to present? Also, are they asking for this proof within 3 months from the letter? I got the info below from your post of the letter from CIC

Client Information: Proof of cohabitation from 2013/XX/XX to present. This must be
received at this office by: 2015/XX/XX

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
gaur84 said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know any of the dec 2013 applicants received their OWP under OWP pilot pgm.

application submitted along with OWP application : Dec 3, 2013
CIC received : Dec 9, 2013
Started processing : Jan 14, 2014.

Please let me know.
Some December 2013 applicants have received OWP under the pilot program. If you want to follow it more closely I posted a link below for you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnRF29FWdqOGQV8dW4bImBuIwjCfoy2R8ZycyX4jH0c/edit?pli=1#gid=0

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
tell me more! so you traveled while you had a OWP and your current PR is in Progress?

Did the boarder agent say anything about you were not allowed to Travel?
Nothing about not being allowed to travel. The officer first asked where we were coming from. The next question to my spouse was, "What is your current status in Canada?" The response was "Waiting for my PR approval, but I have a work permit". The officer then asked to see the work permit, which we had. There weren't any other questions after this, our declaration and the passport was stamped (without a date written on it) and we were let through.

I don't bother to indulge my curiosity with additional questions about permission to travel, lest we be sent to secondary by a grumpy officer for being nosy.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
jmarie88 said:
Are they asking for proof of cohabitation from the day you sent in your application to present or from when you were married to present? Also, are they asking for this proof within 3 months from the letter? I got the info below from your post of the letter from CIC

Client Information: Proof of cohabitation from 2013/XX/XX to present. This must be
received at this office by: 2015/XX/XX
That date in "Proof of cohabitation from 2013/XX/XX to present" is the day that my spouse entered Canada and declared dual intent at the border. It was 2 weeks before the date we got married.

ScarlettPrimrose

Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
App Received by CIC 18-09-2013
Med's Request
05-01-2015
gfdvca said:
That date in "Proof of cohabitation from 2013/XX/XX to present" is the day that my spouse entered Canada and declared dual intent at the border. It was 2 weeks before the date we got married.
That's fortunate. Ours indicated from May 1, 2007 to present. Which was one month prior to us getting married and they wanted proof of relationship and cohabitation from then. Our letter didn't indicate "Additional Information/Proof". Just Proof of Cohabitation, and Proof of Relationship. We ended up writing a letter to go on the front explaining that we weren't living together prior to us getting married.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
How could CIC have started processing your application that fast?
For some applicant, when they receive AOR, the date when the AOR was sent appear in eCAS like "started processing on...".

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
sophieee said:
For some applicant, when they receive AOR, the date when the AOR was sent appear in eCAS like "started processing on...".
During our time, when we get aor and when u log in on ecas, the sponsor portion will always say started processing, the applicant will say application received

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope this won't come out too confusing. Let me set up our timeline.

AOR: March 16, 2013
January 2014 - transferred to Winnipeg (we were living in Saskatoon long before but they hadn't processed our address change so the file went to Winnipeg)
April 2014 - transferred to Saskatoon
December 2014 - file has gone over Saskatoon's 8 month time frame so CIC sent them a message to get working on it. They told me to call back in 3 months if I hadn't heard anything.
January 2015 - file has been transferred back to Winnipeg.

I called CIC on Friday and they told us our file has been transferred from our local office of Saskatoon back to Winnipeg and they couldn't tell me why. HOW could they transfer us again? I just don't understand how they can be putting us through so much when we've been waiting more than 22 months for our first stage approval! Can't somebody just look at our file and tell us the truth at least? Any ideas why on earth they'd transfer the file away from our local office at this point? I am so much more than frustrated I don't even know where to go from here.

Arifa

Jan 19, 2015
I sent my application on November 2013 along OPW. I received a letter on March 10,2014 that says my husband's evaluation is done who is my sponsor and my application is shifted to Mississauga office for further processing. No news after that. Almost 15 months gone.

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Arifa said:
I sent my application on November 2013 along OPW. I received a letter on March 10,2014 that says my husband's evaluation is done who is my sponsor and my application is shifted to Mississauga office for further processing. No news after that. Almost 15 months gone.
You're not alone..We had our application same as yours too and until now we haven't heard any news from them and our application was transferred to Mississauga too. I guess, the transferring of files/application has an impact for processing the applications that's why it takes a long time. Anyway, lets just keep on praying and hopefully a miracle will happened. :D

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
gaur84 said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know any of the dec 2013 applicants received their OWP under OWP pilot pgm.

application submitted along with OWP application : Dec 3, 2013
CIC received : Dec 9, 2013
Started processing : Jan 14, 2014.

Please let me know.
Coincidentally enough, we've got the same dates, apart from the started processing one, which for me was Jan 09 2014. Yes, I received my OWP on Friday, yours should be coming soon. 8)

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
tell me more! so you traveled while you had a OWP and your current PR is in Progress?

Did the boarder agent say anything about you were not allowed to Travel?
When I crossed the border, a CBSA officer issued me a visitor record after seeing on file my inland app (I didn't ask for it or apply for it). I specifically asked him if I was allowed to go in and out of the country, he said yes.

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
I was wondering if they keep asking for additional proof of relationship because of the long processing times?

Maybe they are asking for any proofs that have come up since you sent the application since it's been over a year for everyone. Hoping to catch the fraudsters with no updates, maybe?

I would like to think this is why otherwise they're just finding another way to delay perfectly good applications and make us applying more angry.

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
Just came back from landing interview at Etobicoke office. The whole process is very straightforward. When we arrived at the office, the front desk gave us a number. Only about 15 people ahead of us. The waiting was not too long. The agent we had was a very nice lady. She asked my passport first, and asked the date of my recent entry to Canada. I think that's for the purpose of citizenship calculation. Then she asked the driver license for both of us and verified our current address. Following was the standard questions: have you committed any crime, have you been denied entry of Canada, do you have dependent, and have you received any social insurance or welfare. She only took one of my photos. She said they only need one. The other one is in case of mistake. The last part was we initialed and signed two pieces of paper. One for her record, and one for me.

In the end, she said I can apply for the SIN at service Canada just beside her window. I just needed to fill out a simple form, but I waited for more than half an hour. That's all my experience. Very simple. Hope everyone can get your PR soon. Good luck.