+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

dopelemon

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hey, may I ask - at what time did you get an update? Did you receive an email or you checked yourself? Asking because I applied as walk-in in Vancouver office on June 26th and haven't heard anything till now. It's just saying "Processing at consulate".

Thank you!

Postal application 21st june. Got processed in bls on 26th june.

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Walk-In Application: July 13 2024
BLS Location: Brampton
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General: July 13 2024
Processing at Consulate General: July 15 2024
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate: July 15 2024
Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate: July 18 2024
Surrender certificate has been printed: Jul 23 2024
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre: July 23 2024
Ready for Dispatch & Dispatched via Courier: July 24 2024
Surrender certificate delivered: July 25 2024

Reactions: Saabi and forw.jane

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
Thanks and which Jurisdiction did you apply at?

I had sent to Surrey from Calgary and my processing date shows the same so I hope I also get it at least before 15 August so I can apply OCI before I leave for India :)
I applied in surrey office

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
Hey, may I ask - at what time did you get an update? Did you receive an email or you checked yourself? Asking because I applied as walk-in in Vancouver office on June 26th and haven't heard anything till now. It's just saying "Processing at consulate".

Thank you!
I checked it on 22nd july. In the morning around 11:00 clock.

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
Walk-In Application: July 13 2024
BLS Location: Brampton
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General: July 13 2024
Processing at Consulate General: July 15 2024
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate: July 15 2024
Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate: July 18 2024
Surrender certificate has been printed: Jul 23 2024
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre: July 23 2024
Ready for Dispatch & Dispatched via Courier: July 24 2024
Surrender certificate delivered: July 25 2024
Hey may i ask where do you see the update saying the certificate is in transit from consulate to bls. Is it on passport seva website or bls tracker?? Just curious coz my certificate got printed on 22nd july and i haven’t got any update regarding transit yet.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey may i ask where do you see the update saying the certificate is in transit from consulate to bls. Is it on passport seva website or bls tracker?? Just curious coz my certificate got printed on 22nd july and i haven’t got any update regarding transit yet.
After Printed its all BLS tracker update.

Reactions: Vptl

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Wow OCI from India? do you know much about that? Because everywhere I read I learnt that OCI can not be applied from India. I am moving back to India and now that I already eVisa, I would love to not wait for OCI in Canada and move back ASAP and eventually apply for the OCI from India.
My understanding is that you need to be on Entry Visa(X) not eVisa and reside in India for 6 months+ to be eligible to apply for OCI through FRRO in India

These are some of the links where you can access the info
https://ociservices.gov.in/
Foreign nationals cannot apply for OCI in India while on Tourist Visa, Missionary Visa and Mountaineering Visa. Moreover, the foreigner has to be ordinarily resident of India to be eligible to apply for OCI registration in India.
Note: 'ordinarily resident' will mean a person staying in a particular country or in India for a continuous period of 6 months.

https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp

Wish2023

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Yeah
for your and spouse applications, my suggestion would be enter separate email IDs, phone#
For minor you can use either one of your email and phone#
Yes address has to be as per the ID, you can either use DL, utility bill etc which reflects your name and address
Please make sure carry all the originals along with the self attested copies of the documents as per the checklist. Print all pages of the checklist as well (not just the first page)
Hi,
Can you please guide, what can we attached as an address proof for Minor?
Can it be electricity or internet bill, or does it need to be anything school document?
Does kid's application need any proof of relationship like birth certificate?

Thanks

Wish2023

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Parent's address proof like DL or Utility bill
Minor's OCI application requires birth certificate and parent's marriage certificate
There application also require a NoC letter

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/How-to-apply-Fresh-OCI-Card-for-Minors.pdf
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/no-objection-letter.pdf
ohk..Well, but this is not for OCI application.
I am asking for surrender certificate application.
Does that require Noc too?
Or should I just add utility bill to my kid's surrender certificate application as an address proof?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
ohk..Well, but this is not for OCI application.
I am asking for surrender certificate application.
Does that require Noc too?
Or should I just add utility bill to my kid's surrender certificate application as an address proof?
Oh ok sorry about that...
SC should be much simpler, just follow the checklist proof of address should be the same as mentioned above
NOC is not required for SC

Wish2023

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Oh ok sorry about that...
SC should be much simpler, just follow the checklist proof of address should be the same as mentioned above
NOC is not required for SC
Ok..So, basically, I can attach my or my husband's driving license as address proof doc in my kid's surrender certificate application, correct?