+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Jancan

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
hello everyone, I am planning to surrender mine and my children's Indian passports using the mail-in service and I have a query. Do we need to send the original Canadian passport or would the copy suffice?

Last edited:

jkum

Aug 21, 2023
So we can only apply at centers within our jurisdiction? So if we live in Toronto jurisdiction we can only use those provinces listed under Toronto jurisdiction? Is this only for mailing or even for walk in?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
So we can only apply at centers within our jurisdiction? So if we live in Toronto jurisdiction we can only use those provinces listed under Toronto jurisdiction? Is this only for mailing or even for walk in?
You have to follow the jurisdiction to make your application.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
hello guys, I want to surrender my Indian passport, do I need to book an appointment at BLS or do they also accept walk-in? I will be applying at Brampton office
Appointments are available at all locations on the website - try to book one as it helps with the queue for walkin

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Which is the best BLS center in Toronto to do walkin to surrender Indian passport?
If you want to avoid wait times >2 hours I'd suggest book an appointment at any location - Brampton, Toronto and Mississauga. Currently there are lots of appointments available end of August and beginning of September.

My personal experience with Mississauga office has been great because I followed instructions from this forum.

dopelemon

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi all, no update yet. Can someone please share their experience on the timeline?

I applied for SSC on June 26, in Vancouver BLS. No update yet - it's showing "Processing at consulate".

How long does it generally take? Kindly share your experience. Thank you!

ramki_anna

Feb 24, 2020
I plan to submit a passport surender application in person at BLS office. Can I hand over the paid return envelope to them while submitting my application ? I understand BLS charges heftily if I buy it from them later when the passport is ready. Also one more ques. I plan to take multiple application forms with varied data format to ensure they do not reject my application for some silly reason. Hope that is ok . Thanks

Wish2023

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Hello,
I am in process of applying for surrender certificate for myself and family (Husband and one kid).
I have created my online account on passport seva.
Can I fill form my husband and kid using my own account or my husband need to create his own?

Please advise.

Regards,
Harshala

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hello,
I am in process of applying for surrender certificate for myself and family (Husband and one kid).
Can I fill form my husband and kid using my own account or my husband need to create his own?

Please advise.

Regards,
Harshala
Each application is considered separate! There is no "family application".

You will have to create an accounts for all three individuals separately.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

Please advise.

Regards,
Harshala
Yes you can create one profile online on the passport seva site and create SC application for everyone through that one account.
These will be individual applications that have to be submitted to BLS
I did that when we as a family of 4 were doing the SC application

Last edited:
Reactions: Wish2023

Wish2023

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Yes you can create one profile online on the passport seva site and create SC application for everyone through that one account.
These will be individual applications that have to be submitted to BLS
I did that when we as a family of 4 were doing the SC application

Thank you for your response!
So, if I understand correctly, using my online passport seva login, I can fill 3 separate forms for myself, my husband and kid, correct?
Are there any other nuances that I need to careful of?
I read one on the forum that address on the form should match exactly to the address proof that I am providing (eg. Driving Licence)
Is there anything else? Just checking so that I don't make any mistakes and end up returning back from BLS alter standing in long queue :(

Appreciate your help and response.
Thanks