+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

navrion25

Jan 31, 2024
Anyone in this group have any idea how long it takes to receive canadian passport after applying in Ottawa for infant ?
I am past the date they provided but still my passport is not posted yet.

dopelemon

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I applied for SSC on June 26, in Vancouver BLS. No update yet - it's showing "Processing at consulate".

How long does it generally take? Kindly share your experience. Thank you!

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi All,
My application for Passport surrender says "Processing at Consulate" but there is a comment saying "Unsigned application"..What does that mean? I had used their Premium Lounge service so if a signature was missing they should tell me! Anybody in a similar situation as mine?

Essess

May 8, 2024
Hi All,
My application for Passport surrender says "Processing at Consulate" but there is a comment saying "Unsigned application"..What does that mean? I had used their Premium Lounge service so if a signature was missing they should tell me! Anybody in a similar situation as mine?
Did you sign online and declaration section?
You can let them know about it.

akshay_vic

Oct 22, 2019
hi all, I surrender my passport today in India

All they did was cancelled my passport and gave a printout (with RPO stamp and Govt of India letterhead) stating that I have surrendered my passport as I have attained nationality of another country.

Is this all that is written in surrender certificate. I read somewhere like reconciliation of citizenship etc were also there
Congratulations. What are the next steps after you surrender the passport in India? Will you apply for e-visa (or entry visa)? Do you also need an exit permit from FRRO?

Also, will you be applying for OCI in India as well?

Utkarsh1236

Jun 30, 2022
Lots of appointments open at BLS Mississauga try to do it in person and save some money and avoid returning of application.
I called BLS this morning, the price for both ways is $51 each. which I thought is still ok rather than going to BLS early morning and stand in a line for a miracle. I live in Kitchener. This is almost $10 more each side than earlier price they had in website.

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Did you sign online and declaration section?
You can let them know about it.
I had a walk-in and they made me use their Premium lounge service. So I signed where they asked me to. I signed below the photo but page 2 ( decleration) they didnt even show me that page, just put everything together and said 'done'. I have emailed them and trying to contact but unable to reach through phone. Will my application be returned? or canceled?

Also, they take so much money from us for Premium and courier service ( forcing us to use courier service, Vancouver office) saying there is no pickup..and they dont even do their job well inspite of paying money!

Reactions: dopelemon

Essess

May 8, 2024
I called BLS this morning, the price for both ways is $51 each. which I thought is still ok rather than going to BLS early morning and stand in a line for a miracle. I live in Kitchener. This is almost $10 more each side than earlier price they had in website.
They are charging $60 each if they are saying $51 go for it

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
They are charging $60 each if they are saying $51 go for it
I would still say go in-person by booking an appointment. You don't need to stand in line for a miracle. Just take an appointment and go.

The issue is that if your application is returned, you will have to pay for courier services again which is $100 down the drain for nothing.

jkum

Aug 21, 2023
Hi Guys!
For surrendering Indian passport can we go to any BLS center in Canada to do the surrender or should we go only to the BLS centers that is in near our postal code? For example, If I live in Toronto, can I go to BLS center in Ottawa and apply for surrender certificate and OCI?
Thank you!

Essess

May 8, 2024
Hi Guys!
For surrendering Indian passport can we go to any BLS center in Canada to do the surrender or should we go only to the BLS centers that is in near our postal code? For example, If I live in Toronto, can I go to BLS center in Ottawa and apply for surrender certificate and OCI?
Thank you!
Yes

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Guys!
Thank you!
Read the info on this page https://www.blsindia-canada.com/

You cannot apply for SC and OCI at the same time.
SC first and after you receive the SC then apply for OCI

madhav770

Dec 2, 2015
hello guys, I want to surrender my Indian passport, do I need to book an appointment at BLS or do they also accept walk-in? I will be applying at Brampton office