+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for your response!
So, if I understand correctly, using my online passport seva login, I can fill 3 separate forms for myself, my husband and kid, correct?
Are there any other nuances that I need to careful of?
I read one on the forum that address on the form should match exactly to the address proof that I am providing (eg. Driving Licence)
Is there anything else? Just checking so that I don't make any mistakes and end up returning back from BLS alter standing in long queue :(

Appreciate your help and response.
Thanks
Yeah
for your and spouse applications, my suggestion would be enter separate email IDs, phone#
For minor you can use either one of your email and phone#
Yes address has to be as per the ID, you can either use DL, utility bill etc which reflects your name and address
Please make sure carry all the originals along with the self attested copies of the documents as per the checklist. Print all pages of the checklist as well (not just the first page)

Reactions: Wish2023

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Hi Guys,

What's the current (estimated) timeline from yours or other's experience on Surrender Of India Citizenship?

I sent my Surrender Of India Citizenship application (via Purolator from Calgary) on 21 June 2024. Online status shows application received date as 26 June 2024.

I received my eVisa and flying to India on 15 August and was hoping to apply for OCI before I leave.

Thank you

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
I got an update yesterday. Certificate has been printed. Hoping to recieve it by the end of this week
Nice, congratulations. Please keep us informed on the progress. Thank you

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Postal application 21st june. Got processed in bls on 26th june.
Thanks and which Jurisdiction did you apply at?

I had sent to Surrey from Calgary and my processing date shows the same so I hope I also get it at least before 15 August so I can apply OCI before I leave for India :)

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Hi Guys,

What's the current (estimated) timeline from yours or other's experience on Surrender Of India Citizenship?

I sent my Surrender Of India Citizenship application (via Purolator from Calgary) on 21 June 2024. Online status shows application received date as 26 June 2024.

I received my eVisa and flying to India on 15 August and was hoping to apply for OCI before I leave.

Thank you
is surrender certificate not required for e-visa?

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
Congratulations. What are the next steps after you surrender the passport in India? Will you apply for e-visa (or entry visa)? Do you also need an exit permit from FRRO?

Also, will you be applying for OCI in India as well?
Hey sorry for late reply, I will be traveling back to Canada next month. So next step for me is applying OCI from Canada. But I read in this forum only that someone applied for passport surrender and then entry visa from India only (and eventually applied from OCI too from India)

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Hey sorry for late reply, I will be traveling back to Canada next month. So next step for me is applying OCI from Canada. But I read in this forum only that someone applied for passport surrender and then entry visa from India only (and eventually applied from OCI too from India)
Wow OCI from India? do you know much about that? Because everywhere I read I learnt that OCI can not be applied from India. I am moving back to India and now that I already eVisa, I would love to not wait for OCI in Canada and move back ASAP and eventually apply for the OCI from India.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Wow OCI from India? do you know much about that? Because everywhere I read I learnt that OCI can not be applied from India. I am moving back to India and now that I already eVisa, I would love to not wait for OCI in Canada and move back ASAP and eventually apply for the OCI from India.
Yes, there seems to be a way to do that. But my knowledge precedes this so please contact FRRO to get more info.