+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
Hello. Has anybody applied application in surrey bls using walk in service. Want to know what were the waiting times. I am going to apply for my oci next week.

jkum

Aug 21, 2023
I recently became a Canadian Citizen and will be getting passport. However, I need to travel to USA asap.
I will be surrendering my indian passport before my travel to the US but I have heard that it takes 4-5 weeks to get the indian passport surrender certificate.
Can I travel before getting the surrender certificate and after giving away my Indian passport?

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
I recently became a Canadian Citizen and will be getting passport. However, I need to travel to USA asap.
I will be surrendering my indian passport before my travel to the US but I have heard that it takes 4-5 weeks to get the indian passport surrender certificate.
Can I travel before getting the surrender certificate and after giving away my Indian passport?
Yes you can travel using canadian passport.

Fastfurious

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Hi
I submitted file for surrender certificate on 25th june in ottawa and status is still showing in review with consulate. Does anyone know how long it takes in ottawa for surrender certificate

Jancan

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hi,

I am in the process of Indian passport surrender for self and minor. I have the following questions:
1) When filling the application for minor, -
Does Page 1 need only minor's thumb impression?
Does page 2 (Declaration) need thumb impression for minor plus signatures of both parents ?
2) I understand that I need to self attest photo copies for my documents, but for minor's documents, does one parent attest it or both or no attestation required ?

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
SSC Application - June 26, walk-in Vancouver BLS
Received - July 29
I also applied on 26th june. Tracker shows going to bls from consulate since friday. No new update yet. Do you have any idea how long they take to deliver?? And how long were the waiting time in vancouver bls asking coz i am going to apply for oci using walk in service

ps2fan

Feb 3, 2011
Is a canadian passport compulsory for applying of Surrender certificate. I checked the BLS website and it mentions that over there but while filling up the form the Canada passport number is not a mandorty field. Is it possible to apply for surrender certificate without Canadian passport

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
Is a canadian passport compulsory for applying of Surrender certificate. I checked the BLS website and it mentions that over there but while filling up the form the Canada passport number is not a mandorty field. Is it possible to apply for surrender certificate without Canadian passport
You can show the proof that you have already applied for canadian passport. I got to know about it when i applied for surrender certificate

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
In Toronto, BLS does not accept SC applications w/o Canadian PP.
In Vancouver they used to accept SC w/o Canadian PP but not sure if it is still the case

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Applied- July 18, 2024 (bls bramptom with appointment)
Cancelled Passport delivered: July 30, 2024

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
My status is showing as 'Ready for collection' since Friday 26 July.

Called BLS today informed them that I have already paid for the return currier services so they have now emailed their internal back-end team to look into it.

Anyone had such status before?