+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I understand that the process could be quite frustrating, but make sure every photocopy is self attested. Have the checklist and check mark every document you have to submit, make sure you've signed on the required places, try photocopying in portrait format etc and it should all be fine.
Thanks for your advice. I submitted postal directly with Purolator, everything went smooth and got SC and passport today.

Reactions: Benicia David

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
My status is showing as 'Ready for collection' since Friday 26 July.

Called BLS today informed them that I have already paid for the return currier services so they have now emailed their internal back-end team to look into it.

Anyone had such status before?
Yes, you should get a tracking number on BLS website in next 2-3 days

Utkarsh1236

Jun 30, 2022
I would still say go in-person by booking an appointment. You don't need to stand in line for a miracle. Just take an appointment and go.

The issue is that if your application is returned, you will have to pay for courier services again which is $100 down the drain for nothing.
I sent it via Postal, its fairly east application. My surrender certificate was issues and its on the way to my home. However I would definitely go in-person for OCI. Already booked appointment for that.

Reactions: adstarscream732

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
My status is showing as 'Ready for collection' since Friday 26 July.

Called BLS today informed them that I have already paid for the return currier services so they have now emailed their internal back-end team to look into it.

Anyone had such status before?
Same thing with me. Status says ready for collection since friday. I am going to bls today and will try to collect it from them.

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
I called BLS regarding my tracking status as 'Ready for pickup'. Its now shipped today with the tracking number.

Fastfurious

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I submitted oci application in ottawa on 31st july
Acknowledgement- 2nd aug
When can I expect my oci? Does anyone know how long will it take

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,

In the surrender certificate application for Minor (8yrs old), can parents sign on the Checklist, Application form and attached documents or minor needs to sign, or should we leave it unsigned?

Thanks
Checklist and Support Documents - either one of the parents can sign
Application Form - the minor should sign (just let them write their name that's all)

sharathsam

Aug 11, 2017
That's good to know :) It's the same for the OCI as well. All the best.
Hello Benicia, I am trying to use the same process. Can we directly send the mail to the BLS Services location or is there any other address? I am in Vancouver FYI. Please let me know.
Thank you.

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hello Benicia, I am trying to use the same process. Can we directly send the mail to the BLS Services location or is there any other address? I am in Vancouver FYI. Please let me know.
Thank you.
Hello Sharathsam, I was able to successfully send it and receive it back and as you have mentioned that you live in Vancouver I found the mailing address for your jurisdiction and its in Surrey (
Surrey: 13468 77 Avenue Unit- 02 Surrey BC V3W6Y3
Phone: 7785087411).
I will attach the bls link for your review. Again Im not so sure if things would be different in different provinces so kindly do your research as well or reach out to their customer care if needed.

Thanks and all the best :)

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/contact.php

sharathsam

Aug 11, 2017
Hello Sharathsam, I was able to successfully send it and receive it back and as you have mentioned that you live in Vancouver I found the mailing address for your jurisdiction and its in Surrey (
Surrey: 13468 77 Avenue Unit- 02 Surrey BC V3W6Y3
Phone: 7785087411).
I will attach the bls link for your review. Again Im not so sure if things would be different in different provinces so kindly do your research as well or reach out to their customer care if needed.

Thanks and all the best :)

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/contact.php
Thank you

Reactions: Benicia David

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
BLS Ottawa : Checking current timelines (From June\July) for recieving the Surrender Certificate, is it 4-5 weeks or early based on your application ?

Monark20

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Brampton, ON Canada
Category........
PNP
Hello guys,

i am trying to submit a postal application for surrender certificate. May i know how to pay for return courier online? If i can not pay online, what amount to be added in Demand draft for it? I am in Toronto jurisdiction.
My total fee should be 117.7 + return charge. What will be that return amount?
TIA

Reactions: kauraman1996