+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Why do you want to travel with Indian passport after getting Canadian passport?

Getting an e-visa is easy and travel on that will be the optimal way for you. Then you can surrender your Indian passport while in India and apply for OCI once back.
But @akshay_vic states that he can also apply for OCI from India. Even you mentioned to apply for OCI once back.

DC98

Nov 2, 2023
Hi,
I checked the passport Seva website, It says the Surrender certificate has been printed. How do i track further from BLS? Which option do I choose for the type of application and which passport number? Canadian or Indian ?

youtuber

Jul 9, 2024
Hi,
I checked the passport Seva website, It says the Surrender certificate has been printed. How do i track further from BLS? Which option do I choose for the type of application and which passport number? Canadian or Indian ?

Application Type - Passport Application
Passport Number - Indian

Fastfurious

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Hi
I submitted walk-in application for surrender certificate in Ottawa on 27th June currently it is showing in review at embassy/consulate

how long it takes in ottawa to get surrender certificate

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi
I submitted walk-in application for surrender certificate in Ottawa on 27th June currently it is showing in review at embassy/consulate

how long it takes in ottawa to get surrender certificate
Anywhere between 6-8 weeks but out of blue there processing speed can increase or decrease. Currently they are processing OCI bit faster.

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
I have an appointment for passport surrender, and I have filled out the application form. I have one query:

In the 'Present Address' section of the form, there is a single text area that asks for the zip code and country. Next to that, there is a dropdown to select the country. I followed the instructions exactly, and when I submitted the form, I saw the following:

PRESENT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS

Address: 123 Anywhere st
City, ON
A1B 2C3, CANADA

The country name is printed twice - once in the address field and again in the country section.

I just wanted to confirm if this is the correct way to fill it out, or if they might reject it, saying the country name shouldn't be listed twice.

jay_i_am

Feb 25, 2024
Hi,
It has been 5 weeks and the BLS site still shows 'Processing at Consulate General' for me. How did you check the Passport Seva site? Is there another tracking tool? Thanks!

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
hi all, I surrender my passport today in India

All they did was cancelled my passport and gave a printout (with RPO stamp and Govt of India letterhead) stating that I have surrendered my passport as I have attained nationality of another country.

Is this all that is written in surrender certificate. I read somewhere like reconciliation of citizenship etc were also there

Reactions: adstarscream732

saahilgpt

Sep 1, 2023
All,
Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. I am new to the thread.
Do I need to send my Canadian passport for the postal application to surrender my Indian citizenship? If yes, for how long do they keep the passport?

Thanks in advance.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
All,
Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. I am new to the thread.
Do I need to send my Canadian passport for the postal application to surrender my Indian citizenship? If yes, for how long do they keep the passport?

Thanks in advance.
Which location you submitting your application to?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I have an appointment for passport surrender, and I have filled out the application form. I have one query:

In the 'Present Address' section of the form, there is a single text area that asks for the zip code and country. Next to that, there is a dropdown to select the country. I followed the instructions exactly, and when I submitted the form, I saw the following:

PRESENT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS

Address: 123 Anywhere st
City, ON
A1B 2C3, CANADA

The country name is printed twice - once in the address field and again in the country section.

I just wanted to confirm if this is the correct way to fill it out, or if they might reject it, saying the country name shouldn't be listed twice.
It should be exactly as your Address Proof which you are going to submit with the application.

You can fill out another application form if you made a mistake.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
hi all, I surrender my passport today in India

All they did was cancelled my passport and gave a printout (with RPO stamp and Govt of India letterhead) stating that I have surrendered my passport as I have attained nationality of another country.

Is this all that is written in surrender certificate. I read somewhere like reconciliation of citizenship etc were also there
That is all that's written.