+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
NOOOO!!! That makes me sad to death. My work is being affected by this. I honestly could not concentrate at the office. :( I wish they would contact me or my wife within 2 or 3 months time. I wont last another 6 months here without her. I am seriously thinking of quitting my job here and going back there for good. Anyways, if adding me up in the spreadsheet would help me out with my application when it comes to information, hell yes! Please do so!.. And i have another question, would the manila Visa office require an interview with my wife before they ask for the passport? If i only knew that this would be hard for me, i should have applied for a citizenship first before i applied for sponsorship. Canadian Citizens can apply while residing outside Canada. That way i can still sponsor her while im with her. :(

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
MzTee said:
Hi sweden, does it matter if you are a citizen.?
yes it does. If you're a citizen, you can be outside of Canada with your partner for the duration of the application, you only need to prove that you will return once the PR is issued. It's the main difference between PRs and citizens when it comes to sponsorship.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kazuma said:
NOOOO!!! That makes me sad to death. My work is being affected by this. I honestly could not concentrate at the office. :( I wish they would contact me or my wife within 2 or 3 months time. I wont last another 6 months here without her. I am seriously thinking of quitting my job here and going back there for good. Anyways, if adding me up in the spreadsheet would help me out with my application when it comes to information, hell yes! Please do so!.. And i have another question, would the manila Visa office require an interview with my wife before they ask for the passport? If i only knew that this would be hard for me, i should have applied for a citizenship first before i applied for sponsorship. Canadian Citizens can apply while residing outside Canada. That way i can still sponsor her while im with her. :(
Adding you to the spreadsheet won't do anything for your application - it will only "register" your information here on the forum for others to see, and given an indication of how long people have to wait...
Manila may, or may not, require an interview. Your wife might get the visa without an interview, or she might be ask to attend one, it depends on your file and how much proofs you have about your couple.
Sweden

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Hi kazuma!

As sweden said ill add you in if you want. Just let me know.

And welcome! Were all sitting back and waiting here so you're welcome to join!

juliac

Oct 22, 2012
Hello everyone! I haven't been keeping up on what's going on on here lately, but I've seen the updates on the spreadsheet. Looks like sponsors are getting approved consistently! I've been checking our status, but so far, just says 'received'. What does it say when it's approved? I'm on day 21 so I'm hoping it will be any day now! Fingies crossed! ;D

I would like some clarity on something: On our application, I put that MY mailing addy was in Canada (because I'll be landing on the 22nd of April) but my husband's we left in Italy as we weren't sure when he would arrive. Regardless of when he receives his PR status, he's coming as a visitor to Canada around May 15. At this point, I'm sure we should change his mailing address. I've read already that we need to contact his visa office (Rome) and tell them. This, as far as I can see, can only be done by EMAIL. Does this sound right? Also, when he DOES receive his PR status, does he need to leave Canada and re-enter? Could we do that by going to the US and coming back in?

Thank in advance!!! :D

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
skas13 said:
By the way, how is your wife feeling today messenger? Did you take her to the hospital?
Hi skas13

Thank you so much for the interest! She is in the same condition but today she will be temporarily admitted to the local hospital to take in some intravenous nourishing serum. She has lost more than 6 kilos from this so far! The worst that her psychology is down and the only thing she wants is to sleep because this is the only comfort for her!
We just concluded 8 weeks today so hopefully there will be a recuperation soon

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
juliac said:
Hello everyone! I haven't been keeping up on what's going on on here lately, but I've seen the updates on the spreadsheet. Looks like sponsors are getting approved consistently! I've been checking our status, but so far, just says 'received'. What does it say when it's approved? I'm on day 21 so I'm hoping it will be any day now! Fingies crossed! ;D

I would like some clarity on something: On our application, I put that MY mailing addy was in Canada (because I'll be landing on the 22nd of April) but my husband's we left in Italy as we weren't sure when he would arrive. Regardless of when he receives his PR status, he's coming as a visitor to Canada around May 15. At this point, I'm sure we should change his mailing address. I've read already that we need to contact his visa office (Rome) and tell them. This, as far as I can see, can only be done by EMAIL. Does this sound right? Also, when he DOES receive his PR status, does he need to leave Canada and re-enter? Could we do that by going to the US and coming back in?

Thank in advance!!! :D
You can change the address in ecas! This should suffice but you can also email them!

And yes you'll need to exit and reenter canada to complete landing. You can do this by going to the states. Its called flagpoling! :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Hi all and happy wednesday! :)
Just a quick question: did anyone who activated e-CAS tracker received anything through that? I'm just wondering if it is reliable or should I still go e-CAS and check? I haven't had any updates now, so I don't know if it really works. :)

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
Gary is there you did not change my color to dark blue to match the other SA people on the sheet? I feel left out :(

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
godisFin said:
Just a quick question: did anyone who activated e-CAS tracker received anything through that? I'm just wondering if it is reliable or should I still go e-CAS and check? I haven't had any updates now, so I don't know if it really works. :)
Nothing yet. I'm still waiting to hear if they received my medicals.

But im with london. And apparently they vanish off the face of the earth until a decision is made so I'm.not really expecting anything ;)

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
JK145 said:
Gary is there you did not change my color to dark blue to match the other SA people on the sheet? I feel left out :(
Hey JK! I do all the updates on my phone and it doesn't allow a colour change. I do that when I'm on a computer! Which will be later today so don't worry! :)
You'll be blue soon! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
godisFin said:
Ecas tracker didn't really work for me so I wouldn't put too much faith in it... but maybe it will work for you.
In any case - you're also going through London, and you probably won't hear anything for another 3 months. So you can check ecas if you want, but at that point, I would recommend not more than once a week for the next 3 months - then you can join the Obsession Club! :)
Good luck,
Sweden

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
She is in the same condition but today she will be temporarily admitted to the local hospital to take in some intravenous nourishing serum. She has lost more than 6 kilos from this so far! The worst that her psychology is down and the only thing she wants is to sleep because this is the only comfort for her
Wishing a speedy recovery to your wife, I hope the hospital treatment restores her energy and lifts her spirits.

It's only Wednesday, bet you'll hear from CIC-M by Friday. Hang in there!!

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gary_87 said:
And yes you'll need to exit and reenter canada to complete landing. You can do this by going to the states. Its called flagpoling! :)
Uh, THAT's flagpoling!??! Ohhhhh. It's nothing like what I thought. :eek:
Sounds like you don't even need to wear those itsy bitsy little string outfits and stilettos.
What a relief :p