+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
JK145 said:
I called the CIC helpline and was told they mailed out my SA yesterday (11 march). I had got AOR via email but I guess for some reason SA is coming through regular mail..
I think CIC call center agents don't really know anything other than what they can see on ECAS.
When you get your SA, ECAS will say that they have mailed out the decision regarding your Sponsorship Approval.
The word "mailed out" could either be e-mail or snail mail. I say this so, because this is what my ECAS says and I got it via e-mail.

So, when agents say it has been mailed out to you, I believe they don't really know exactly if it was through e-mail or snail mail. And they will try to tell you it was sent through mail, so they have a good reason to end the call, and tell you to just wait for another couple of days to arrive. :-X

Nonetheless, I wish you the best regarding the SA :)

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
yes they said it is mailed out to my (sponsor) address

The thing is ECAS is not showing I have SA. But she said she is able to see I got SA on march 11. Therefore I think they have access beyond what we are seeing on ECAS.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
JK145 said:
Therefore I think they have access beyond what we are seeing on ECAS.
Definitely. An agent I spoke to confirmed that they have an official internal immigration computer system that provides way more details. She said e-CAS is basically their "unofficial" system!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
JK145 said:
yes they said it is mailed out to my (sponsor) address

The thing is ECAS is not showing I have SA. But she said she is able to see I got SA on march 11. Therefore I think they have access beyond what we are seeing on ECAS.
I really do hope so then :)
ECAS system for clients doesn't update until another couple days after SA, so maybe yours will show up within the week.
And hopefully you'll get your SA in the mail soon.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
fandv said:
Definitely. An agent I spoke to confirmed that they have an official internal immigration computer system that provides way more details. She said e-CAS is basically their "unofficial" system!
That's good to hear then. :)
I'm just paranoid regarding call center agents. There have been a lot of inconsistencies regarding their reports to clients sometimes. If you try to call CIC 3 times in a day, you might hear different answers from different agents.

But anyway, I'm sorry about the paranoia, didn't mean to offend anyone.

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
I agree sometimes there are inconsistencies in their statements. I just hope someone wouldnt totally make up a statement saying "I can see here you are approved and your letter was mailed out on March 11". It would be too much of a stretch

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
JK145 said:
I agree sometimes there are inconsistencies in their statements. I just hope someone wouldnt totally make up a statement saying "I can see here you are approved and your letter was mailed out on March 11". It would be too much of a stretch
Wishing you get it soon then :)

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
By the way, how is your wife feeling today messenger? Did you take her to the hospital?

saurabh95

Feb 6, 2013
ldumitriu said:
YAY!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GOT my SA today!!!!
(5 seconds ago littleraly ;D) I checked my email, there was nothing, came on the forum, read the last posts then refreshed my email and there it was
when did you apply ?

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
saurabh95 said:
when did you apply ?
You can check the February 2013 spreadsheet for more info about the batch's timeline :)
You can find it in my signature (btw, thanks Gary, I borrowed your tiny url).

Keratzlaff

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Hey Everyone, just wondering if you guys think it will take longer for my to get my SA because neither of us are residing in Canada? I submitted proof that we will return upon approval. Has anyone been in the same situation and gotten theirs quickly?

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Keratzlaff said:
Hey Everyone, just wondering if you guys think it will take longer for my to get my SA because neither of us are residing in Canada? I submitted proof that we will return upon approval. Has anyone been in the same situation and gotten theirs quickly?
Look at a January applicant, Barbara Baraka:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvI5l_hMO7UKdDEtTzVVZ2lzWmhRZzF6VzVfQWhBV2c#gid=0

I believe they both reside in Egypt, and got their SA in 25 days...so I guess where you live doesn't matter, as long as the sponsor shows proofs of intention of return to Canada once the sponsored person is granted PR... =)

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
Hey guys!
I'm new to this thread. Googling around the internet when i saw this thread. I submitted my Spouse Sponsorship Application last Feb. 8, 2013. My timeline
Feb. 8, 2013 - Application submitted to CIC Mississauga
Feb. 22, 2013 - Application received
March 5, 2013 - Received my Sponsorship approval Via E-mail

E-CAS says under Sponsor " Decision made " and under Principal applicant says "Application received, medical results received".
So for the applicant, it says application received, does that mean it's still not in Process yet? Or it is in process and the E-CAS will be updated and will change if the have already processed her papers? I have been constantly opening my email and my wife's email too checking for any mails from CIC.
And one more question, I am currently a PR here in Winterpeg (Winnipeg), and I am planning on going back to Philippines this coming july our wedding anniversary. Me and my wife just got married last year July. And i am planning on staying there until she gets her Visa. Doing so, would that affect our application? I have read some other forums and threads saying that the sponsor should stay "In" canada while the papers are being processed. I can't stand the long distance relationship anymore especially now that we are actually a married couple. It's driving me nuts!. Spending the 1st year of our married life away from her sucks. Please help! Anyone has encountered or already did this same plan before?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Kazuma said:
Hey guys!
I'm new to this thread. Googling around the internet when i saw this thread. I submitted my Spouse Sponsorship Application last Feb. 8, 2013. My timeline
Feb. 8, 2013 - Application submitted to CIC Mississauga
Feb. 22, 2013 - Application received
March 5, 2013 - Received my Sponsorship approval Via E-mail

E-CAS says under Sponsor " Decision made " and under Principal applicant says "Application received, medical results received".
So for the applicant, it says application received, does that mean it's still not in Process yet? Or it is in process and the E-CAS will be updated and will change if the have already processed her papers? I have been constantly opening my email and my wife's email too checking for any mails from CIC.
And one more question, I am currently a PR here in Winterpeg (Winnipeg), and I am planning on going back to Philippines this coming july our wedding anniversary. Me and my wife just got married last year July. And i am planning on staying there until she gets her Visa. Doing so, would that affect our application? I have read some other forums and threads saying that the sponsor should stay "In" canada while the papers are being processed. I can't stand the long distance relationship anymore especially now that we are actually a married couple. It's driving me nuts!. Spending the 1st year of our married life away from her sucks. Please help! Anyone has encountered or already did this same plan before?
Hey,

welcome to the thread. Gary will add you to the spreadsheet if you want.
For now - sit back and relax. Manila doesn't send an AOR ( I assume that it's your visa office), and most likely the first time you will hear from them if when they ask for the passport, or more documents. Right now, Manila is contacting applicants whose sponsors have been approved in September, so you have quite a while to go. Your ecas won't change for quite a few months, and I doubt that you will hear from CIC. It's hard, but that's the way it is. Your file is sitting in Manila and waiting - and it will be like this for a few months.

About going to visit your wife: you can go and VISIT. But that's it. 2 weeks is allowed, 3 weeks is pushing it. As a PR, you are required to stay in Canada for the duration of the application. If you go out of Canada and CIC finds out (and they might when you come back in), your application will be canceled. Not worth it. It's hard to be away, but there is no other solution for now.
Good luck,
Sweden

MzTee

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
Sweden said:
Hey,

welcome to the thread. Gary will add you to the spreadsheet if you want.
For now - sit back and relax. Manila doesn't send an AOR ( I assume that it's your visa office), and most likely the first time you will hear from them if when they ask for the passport, or more documents. Right now, Manila is contacting applicants whose sponsors have been approved in September, so you have quite a while to go. Your ecas won't change for quite a few months, and I doubt that you will hear from CIC. It's hard, but that's the way it is. Your file is sitting in Manila and waiting - and it will be like this for a few months.

About going to visit your wife: you can go and VISIT. But that's it. 2 weeks is allowed, 3 weeks is pushing it. As a PR, you are

required to stay in Canada for the duration of the application. If you go out of Canada and CIC finds out (and they might when you come back in), your application will be canceled. Not worth it. It's hard to be away, but there is no other solution for now.
Good luck,
Sweden
Hi sweden, does it matter if you are a citizen.?