+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doghouse said:
Wow!!! Thanks, Quince, for asking! I didn't think of checking E-CAS, knowing how unreliable they are.
Well, the spelling of my middle name is still wrong. But now it says that I'm IN PROCESS!!!!! In process since Jan 25 ;D ;D ;D

I know i probably still have a couple (if not a few) months to go.. But I'm so excited to see something happening :p
I'm quite impressed with your status update.
Mine still shows "app received".

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
What does background check include?
My MP said background check is pending and they have determined that interview is required.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you should read both guides (sponsor and immigrant), but basically, the list of documents you need is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp. You can think of the application as split into three parts according to these forms: the forms in part 1 for the sponsor to fill out, the forms in part 2 for the applicant to fill out, and all the necessary proof for both your relationship and your medical and criminal history (as well as the set of pictures) in part 3. I'm generalizing here: be sure to look at the checklist in both part 1 and in part 3, which is the region-specific form for the United States. You do not need to print off anything to attend either your appointment with the DMP or with the individual that will take your fingerprints. They have all the necessary forms for that. Go to a Commissionaires or another fingerprinting services company with your passport and they will take your fingerprints for $15-30. Then send that card and the order form to the FBI in Virginia. I don't remember what the fee was for that but the wait to get a record can be as long as two months (assuming your fingerprints are deemed legible).
rxpei said:
Hello All
I am sorry to switch the topic a bit but I really need your help.
I am getting married in May and will be relocating to Toronto. I checked the Canadian Immigration website and tried to search for the right application forms to fill out but I am not sure if I got the right one or not, can someone link the website so I know I am losing my mind.

I understand I have to do FBI and police background check and fingerprint too. Do I just print out the fingerprint paper from the printer and go to the police station. How do you do it?
Do I need both FBI and Police or just FBI will do?

Thanks

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ambber29 said:
My MP said background check is pending and they have determined that interview is required.
So did they set an interview date for your husband?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Processing the police cert/s, running an RCMP check if the PA spent time in Canada, and checking the list of countries you've traveled to and whether you needed police cert/s that you didn't provide. They also run a security check with CSIS.
Ambber29 said:

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ambber29 said:
She did not tell me this.
Should I call back and ask our MP?
They should notify your husband that interview is required and the date it is scheduled on. But probably you can call your MP and find out if he/she knows the date as well.
So when was your application received at Mississauga office? I quickly scanned through your posts and saw that you had some problems with the date it was filed.

aminca

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Email from Buf on 15/3 says app is "in process"; Ecas updated to "In Process since March 15th" on 19/03
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-03-2012
aminca said:
I guess I'll be joining you all over here. My app was just approved and sent to Buffalo today.

App mailed: 11/14/11
App received by CIC-M: 11/15/11
App approved and sent to Buffalo: 1/17/12

Let me know if there's any other information you need for the spreadsheet. Nice to finally join you all. Here's to everyone's process going smoothly and quickly.
Just quoting this because I seemed to have been missed by the spreadsheet :)

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
I had received a real response too. I asked through their online form on Jan13 for a letter to request police clearance in Hong Kong, and they gave an email repsonse on Jan16 - "The letter you are requesting will be issued to you when a formal request is made for the certificate.".

awor said:
I think that is the first time I've ever heard of a real response! I had to change my name as well (they changed my last name to my previous married name instead of my current name that is on my passport!) and the only was I knew that they actually got it was by logging into ecas and seeing the change.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
I'm hoping for the best, and will surely post any updates.

ddobro2 said:
Maybe I should rephrase that: I can't say how many of applicants that are non-U.S. citizens being processed by Buffalo are asked for interviews but it's my observation that when Buffalo does ask for interviews, it is almost always for a non-U.S. citizen applicant (I left the qualifer "almost," but seriously, I haven't heard of a single American being asked for an interview in my time on this forum). Good luck and keep us posted.

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Quince777 said:
They should notify your husband that interview is required and the date it is scheduled on. But probably you can call your MP and find out if he/she knows the date as well.
So when was your application received at Mississauga office? I quickly scanned through your posts and saw that you had some problems with the date it was filed.
It was received on August 23, 2011.

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Quince777 said:
I received the letter that they will schedule the date in 3 or 4 weeks.
I hope he gets here soon :(

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Quince777 said:
Also it says that sponsor needs to attend it as well.

janyte

May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/05/2011
File Transfer...
21/06/2011
Med's Done....
4/26/2011
Ok - "decision made" we will notify you....doesn't it count as cruel and unusual to not then tell us something!!! I know - it's only been 4 days (and 2 of those were weekends) but now I'm getting nervous! I was fine just waiting...but a decision - and not to know! Really Canadian government? Help out a fellow Canuck! For those of you who got the decision made before PPR (or almost any other notification?) how long was it - do you remember? Sorry - go stir crazy watching my email box and my mailbox :eek:

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
janyte said:
Ok - "decision made" we will notify you....doesn't it count as cruel and unusual to not then tell us something!!! I know - it's only been 4 days (and 2 of those were weekends) but now I'm getting nervous! I was fine just waiting...but a decision - and not to know! Really Canadian government? Help out a fellow Canuck! For those of you who got the decision made before PPR (or almost any other notification?) how long was it - do you remember? Sorry - go stir crazy watching my email box and my mailbox :eek:
If Im not mistaken ddobro2 just had that happen and there ppr came wright after.I wish I could get some kind of answer soon its been long enough.