+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

lulu_carr

Oct 13, 2011
Application sent to Mississauga on June 2nd,2011
Buffalo office got the application on July 27th, 2011
Request for missing police clearance Oct 12, 2011 (cic requested to submit within 2 months)
PPR email received on Dec 13, 2011
Passport mailed on Dec 15, 2011
Passport with the visa received on Dec 30, 2011
Landed on Jan 28, 2012 :)

Very happy!!!!!!!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Congratulations!
lulu_carr said:
Request for missing police clearance Oct 12, 2011 (cic requested to submit within 2 months)

Very happy!!!!!!!

rxpei

Nov 3, 2011
Hello All
I am sorry to switch the topic a bit but I really need your help.
I am getting married in May and will be relocating to Toronto. I checked the Canadian Immigration website and tried to search for the right application forms to fill out but I am not sure if I got the right one or not, can someone link the website so I know I am losing my mind.

I understand I have to do FBI and police background check and fingerprint too. Do I just print out the fingerprint paper from the printer and go to the police station. How do you do it?
Do I need both FBI and Police or just FBI will do?

Thanks

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

Be sure to get both the application and the guide. If you are American with no criminal history then just get the FBI clearance. Buffalo will inform you if they decide they need the state ones too.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lulu_carr said:

Very happy!!!!!!!
Wow, congrats!
How did you manage to submit missing police cert so fast?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
lulu_carr said:

Very happy!!!!!!!
Further proof that the IO handling my file was slower than molasses. Buffalo got my passport 5 days before you sent yours, and I didn't get it back until I started bothering them during the first week of January (it arrived Jan. 10th). I am SO GLAD to be done having to deal with Buffalo. And now I suddenly feel an overwhelming sense of anger that I kept bottled up for months getting ready to spill out. Apparently I may have some Buffalo related PTSD. Lol.

On a happier note, congratulations on landing! :)

bloodyguitars

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Mark5 said:
Hello Everyone, what is the best way to contact or info CIC buffalo about change
of Address?
Just logged in into ecas only to see they still have my old address with my File# but
when i used my spouse info it shows the new address. Just is just weird.
Anyone with such situation?
Sorry ,I am a new bee here. where do I look up my address after I log in to ecas? I dont see any such info there. Am I missing anything here?

Also can anyone provide me a link to ECAS? just in case I am using a wrong one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

After you've entered your information (ID# and name and others), click Continue, and it will display a page where the address is shown below your name.

bloodyguitars said:
Sorry ,I am a new bee here. where do I look up my address after I log in to ecas? I dont see any such info there. Am I missing anything here?

Also can anyone provide me a link to ECAS? just in case I am using a wrong one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Bad news for me then. :(

ddobro2 said:
Interviews are requested commonly for non-U.S. citizens.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe I should rephrase that: I can't say how many of applicants that are non-U.S. citizens being processed by Buffalo are asked for interviews but it's my observation that when Buffalo does ask for interviews, it is almost always for a non-U.S. citizen applicant (I left the qualifer "almost," but seriously, I haven't heard of a single American being asked for an interview in my time on this forum). Good luck and keep us posted.
GOGOGO said:
Bad news for me then. :(

doghouse

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Med's Done....
11 July 2011
Passport Req..
9 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2 April 2012
So a quick update..
I sent a case-specific enquiry to Buffalo last week, telling them that they misspelled my middle name. I also never received an AOR from them, so I also asked them to confirm that they have received my file. I got a generic response a few days later that "Your message has been forwarded to the processing team."

Today, they actually replied to my email! I guess this can count as my AOR?? (or perhaps a forced AOR?)

"Please be advised that we have amended your name spelling in our database, per your email (below.)

Your file is in line for review by an immigration officer, and has undergone preliminary assessment. You will be notified of the next step in processing in due course."

I'm just excited they actually responded! ;D

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doghouse said:
So a quick update..
I sent a case-specific enquiry to Buffalo last week, telling them that they misspelled my middle name. I also never received an AOR from them, so I also asked them to confirm that they have received my file. I got a generic response a few days later that "Your message has been forwarded to the processing team."

Today, they actually replied to my email! I guess this can count as my AOR?? (or perhaps a forced AOR?)

"Please be advised that we have amended your name spelling in our database, per your email (below.)

Your file is in line for review by an immigration officer, and has undergone preliminary assessment. You will be notified of the next step in processing in due course."

Very nice to know that you got a reply from them. What's your current status on e-cas?

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
I think that is the first time I've ever heard of a real response! I had to change my name as well (they changed my last name to my previous married name instead of my current name that is on my passport!) and the only was I knew that they actually got it was by logging into ecas and seeing the change.

doghouse said:
So a quick update..

doghouse

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Med's Done....
11 July 2011
Passport Req..
9 March 2012
VISA ISSUED...
2 April 2012
Wow!!! Thanks, Quince, for asking! I didn't think of checking E-CAS, knowing how unreliable they are.
Well, the spelling of my middle name is still wrong. But now it says that I'm IN PROCESS!!!!! In process since Jan 25 ;D ;D ;D

I know i probably still have a couple (if not a few) months to go.. But I'm so excited to see something happening :p

Quince777 said:
Very nice to know that you got a reply from them. What's your current status on e-cas?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice! Perhaps they realized how unhappy we were with their standard, not very informative responses and are trying to clean up their communications with us. Assuming this is something consistent and you didn't just get someone who waas nice enough to be a bit more specific and encouraging than protocol seems to allow (I always have to question consistency with Buffalo, sigh......). The AOR is when they say that they acknowledge receiving your file on x date.
doghouse said:
So a quick update..