Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was just wondering about you. Yes, my PPR came a day after "decision made." But you have to keep in mind how rare getting "decision made" before PPR is historically. Sometimes a month goes by and someone has already landed before e-CAS updates itself to reality. Look on the bright side - you are going to get that PPR soon, so have everything ready to pop into the mailbox when it comes. It's gotta be this week, I think. Keep me updated.
janyte said:
Ok - "decision made" we will notify you....doesn't it count as cruel and unusual to not then tell us something!!! I know - it's only been 4 days (and 2 of those were weekends) but now I'm getting nervous! I was fine just waiting...but a decision - and not to know! Really Canadian government? Help out a fellow Canuck! For those of you who got the decision made before PPR (or almost any other notification?) how long was it - do you remember? Sorry - go stir crazy watching my email box and my mailbox :eek:

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Now that I've landed (only been a week and a half), my e-cas doesn't have any info! So weird. Doesn't matter since I don't need them anyway. I just would have loved to have seen "Decision Made" once!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Now that I've landed (only been a week and a half), my e-cas doesn't have any info! So weird. Doesn't matter since I don't need them anyway. I just would have loved to have seen "Decision Made" once!
Let go of ecas and move on. You are done with that now. Welcome to Canada!!

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
AllisonVSC said:
Let go of ecas and move on. You are done with that now. Welcome to Canada!!
Haha! It's such a dependency! Thank you!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Always something new and exciting. I called about getting a Quebec driver's license today. While the website says you have 12 mths to do the exchange, the woman on the phone said I only have six. Not that it matters since I'm going in 2 weeks to change my license. Since I've had a license for over 10 yrs, and come from a state that they have an agreement with (this is her explanation) I don't have to take a driving test. I just have to bring my COPR, CSQ and passport, take an eye exam, pay my registration fee and they'll issue me a full license in Quebec. Apparently I have the option of bringing in my driving history if I want them to honor my full driving history, but it's not required and shouldn't really change anything. Since my state only lets you get a copy of the last three years if you send a notarized letter or show up in person I don't think I'll be bothering with trying to do that before the 14th. Now I just have to finish up my health insurance paperwork, then tackle exporting/importing my car and getting it registered. Then I think I'll finally be done with the landing process!

rbkrzmarcik

Jan 30, 2012
Hi there!

We submitted our application for PR for my husband September 2011 for outland immigration. He is a US citizen.
Question being how did immigration communicate with you to tell your application has been recieved, that the sponsor has been approved and then what other communication should we expect as the time goes on? All we have recieved was an email stating that the application has been recieved on Sep 27, 2011.
Any info on this would be a great help.

Thanks!

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Mine still says in process via wife's sponsor application #, using the # Buffalo e-mailed me, applicant, doesn't even show up on e-cas anymore, says it's invalid. After about a week of no update after PPR I knew e-cas sucks.

Oh and got my abstract back, made sure to call CA DMV just before they mailed back to ensure it was H5 or w/e to verify original licence issuance as that's what ON DriveTest wants, took it there, bam, have my temp G license til I get actual one in the mail. They took my CDL and sent it back to CA I presume. :)

When I get my licence in mail I go to Service Ontario and get OHIP as I'm eligible now just missing one piece required after visiting.

Other than that all done til citizenship! ;D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The sponsor in your relationship (I guess that would be you) should have received an email or mail communication from CPC-Mississauga sometime in November or December stating you were approved to sponsor and that your file has been transferred to the visa office responsible for handling the PR applicant's case.
rbkrzmarcik said:
Hi there!

We submitted our application for PR for my husband September 2011 for outland immigration. He is a US citizen.
Question being how did immigration communicate with you to tell your application has been recieved, that the sponsor has been approved and then what other communication should we expect as the time goes on? All we have recieved was an email stating that the application has been recieved on Sep 27, 2011.
Any info on this would be a great help.

Thanks!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Haha! It's such a dependency! Thank you!
I remember feeling the same way!

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Back in October my husband got a letter requesting the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which we paid online right away, as well as faxing the receipt to Mississauga and Buffalo. The letter also said that an interview would not be required.

Why haven't we heard anything since then? This is so nerve wracking! Should we call them or keep waiting endlessly?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no phone number available for Buffalo. Yeah, I would send an email. If they don't respond with something that answers the question sufficiently enough, get your MP to contact them on your behalf. Meanwhile, order GCMS notes: http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes.
kitchloo said:
Back in October my husband got a letter requesting the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which we paid online right away, as well as faxing the receipt to Mississauga and Buffalo. The letter also said that an interview would not be required.

Why haven't we heard anything since then? This is so nerve wracking! Should we call them or keep waiting endlessly?

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Hi,all I am so fed up by buffalo's bullshits. Sorry for the bad words...there is a reason...for this...
Today my mp (assistant) called me back and told me she just spoke with io in buffalo. Io said they havn't reviewed my application yet (I told my mp they havn't touched my file since July 2011, and sent him 2 gcms notes as proof). They said usually application processing time takes 14-16months...and I am still in that time frame...they don't have any bring forward date for my case, and they are looking for August 2012 to finish my application...i complained about my situation to the assistant...how frustrated this whole process is...etc etc
She said call them after 3 month,and she will try again...because buffalo is not responsible to answer any Q regarding to my application in next 3 months.
I also asked about what if my medical, police check etc etc expires by that time? She said I may need to redo it...! I was like wtf????? Seriously? Really????
But anyhow...I think that's the man power (quoted from what the assistant sais) they do have, and they can only use this power (if they want) to torture ppl like me huh?
Well...guess there is nth I can do except waiting. Maybe we will close our store and company (supports from both of our families, and business ain't going very well atm, cuz it's new and take some time for ppl to know) and go back to china or Korea...thinking about it :).
I am so sick of unemployment for such long time...while I could actually learn sth or do sth that I am interested out there. Phew....feel a little better...:) sorry for the whining, hope you will understand...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely none of the assessments have begun per GCMS notes? How the hell does the process take "14 to 16 months"? That's incorrect, unless the last few months have been so slow that the new 12-month average will jump from 11 months to 15 months in the next update.....in any case, it's not 14-16 months, it's 11 months or fewer for 80% of applications! I don't believe they would assign a bring forward date unless and until they sent you a docs request and it sounds like you haven't gotten any sort of docs request from them. I also don't understand the crap about them "not being responsible for answers any questions for the next 3 months." What, do you only get one chance per 3 months to ask a question (so you better make it a good one)? Um no, that's messed up. Unless that is her made-up excuse to avoid having the office of the MP dealing with you again too soon. Do you have any criminality or health admissability issues? Are you originally from China or Korea? Are you a U.S. citizen?
nhl1011 said:
Hi,all I am so fed up by buffalo's bull*censored word*s. Sorry for the bad words...there is a reason...for this...
Today my mp (assistant) called me back and told me she just spoke with io in buffalo. Io said they havn't reviewed my application yet (I told my mp they havn't touched my file since July 2011, and sent him 2 gcms notes as proof). They said usually application processing time takes 14-16months...and I am still in that time frame...they don't have any bring forward date for my case, and they are looking for August 2012 to finish my application...i complained about my situation to the assistant...how frustrated this whole process is...etc etc
She said call them after 3 month,and she will try again...because buffalo is not responsible to answer any Q regarding to my application in next 3 months.
I also asked about what if my medical, police check etc etc expires by that time? She said I may need to redo it...! I was like wtf????? Seriously? Really????
But anyhow...I think that's the man power (quoted from what the assistant sais) they do have, and they can only use this power (if they want) to torture ppl like me huh?
Well...guess there is nth I can do except waiting. Maybe we will close our store and company (supports from both of our families, and business ain't going very well atm, cuz it's new and take some time for ppl to know) and go back to china or Korea...thinking about it :).
I am so sick of unemployment for such long time...while I could actually learn sth or do sth that I am interested out there. Phew....feel a little better...:) sorry for the whining, hope you will understand...

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
Absolutely none of the assessments have begun per GCMS notes? How the hell does the process take "14 to 16 months"? That's incorrect, unless the last few months have been so slow that the new 12-month average will jump from 11 months to 15 months in the next update.....in any case, it's not 14-16 months, it's 11 months or fewer for 80% of applications! I don't believe they would assign a bring forward date unless and until they sent you a docs request and it sounds like you haven't gotten any sort of docs request from them. I also don't understand the crap about them "not being responsible for answers any questions for the next 3 months." What, do you only get one chance per 3 months to ask a question (so you better make it a good one)? Um no, that's messed up. Unless that is her made-up excuse to avoid having the office of the MP dealing with you again too soon. Do you have any criminality or health admissability issues? Are you originally from China or Korea? Are you a U.S. citizen?
I am originally from china. They didn't request anything because they havnt reviewed/touched my file yet...so they don't know what they need until they open up my application...(whole package was prepared by immigration consultants) I finished my bachelor and master in Canada from 02-09. No criminality at all, in perfect health...assistant said...though it is said 11 month from website...but they can hold it longer than that...should I contact another mp office? Or it is gonna be the same result but get io in buffalo more upset...?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, I'm just wondering why you wrote Buffalo as the VO on your application (they do still have this option on the forms, don't they?) when you're a Chinese national. Beijing processes files fast enough to make people on this thread green with envy - 5 months or less. Anyhooo.....no, they don't have a right to be upset. If they haven't as much as asked Ottawa for the medicals since the summer you have every right to at least understand why they are choosing to not work on your PR application. Yeah, I would go to another MP. You can PM me about it.
nhl1011 said:
I am originally from china. They didn't request anything because they havnt reviewed/touched my file yet...so they don't know what they need until they open up my application...(whole package was prepared by immigration consultants) I finished my bachelor and master in Canada from 02-09. No criminality at all, in perfect health...assistant said...though it is said 11 month from website...but they can hold it longer than that...should I contact another mp office? Or it is gonna be the same result but get io in buffalo more upset...?