03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
Okay, I'm just wondering why you wrote Buffalo as the VO on your application (they do still have this option on the forms, don't they?) when you're a Chinese national. Beijing processes files fast enough to make people on this thread green with envy - 5 months or less. Anyhooo.....no, they don't have a right to be upset. If they haven't as much as asked Ottawa for the medicals since the summer you have every right to at least understand why they are choosing to not work on your PR application. Yeah, I would go to another MP. You can PM me about it.
By the time I was preparing and applying for immigration, Beijing took 4-5 month, and buffalo was around 6 month...but there is high probability of getting an interview from Beijing vo...if so, I have to fly 2 * 13 hr for just an interview...that was why I applied for buffalo,because of convinient...And then...my consultant hold my application for couple weeks ( they were no hurry in organizing and preparing my file I guess, all and all, not very responsible). And then postal strike (from what they say is it lasted for couple months...even though it was not official, strike started earlier...)...anyhow we have been waiting since march 2011...didn't expect this long at all...

Moonlightprancer

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Outland application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O7-11-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
19-01-2012 to Seattle
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2012
Hang in there Quince! I don't think Canadian immigration knows what a burden this whole process is. The fact that many of us are dedicating hrs on end checking our emails etc hoping for that one little email that says " decision made" is proof that this "process" is lacking in many ways. I wish Canada immigration was run by supportive people like the people in this forum. I certainly get better answers here then from can immigration. My e-cas says minimal info and doesn't even acknowledge my file was transferred to Seattle from buffalo. Now I just wait ..... We all just have to keep positive ! Good things will come ! Thank you ton everyone who has been so supportive to us newbies! Your time and energy helping others does not go unnoticed! Hats off to u !!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me just say that I don't remember Buffalo EVER taking 6 months.....and I've been around here since March.
nhl1011 said:
By the time I was preparing and applying for immigration, Beijing took 4-5 month, and buffalo was around 6 month...but there is high probability of getting an interview from Beijing vo...if so, I have to fly 2 * 13 hr for just an interview...that was why I applied for buffalo,because of convinient...And then...my consultant hold my application for couple weeks ( they were no hurry in organizing and preparing my file I guess, all and all, not very responsible). And then postal strike (from what they say is it lasted for couple months...even though it was not official, strike started earlier...)...anyhow we have been waiting since march 2011...didn't expect this long at all...

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moonlightprancer said:
Hang in there Quince! I don't think Canadian immigration knows what a burden this whole process is. The fact that many of us are dedicating hrs on end checking our emails etc hoping for that one little email that says " decision made" is proof that this "process" is lacking in many ways. I wish Canada immigration was run by supportive people like the people in this forum. I certainly get better answers here then from can immigration. My e-cas says minimal info and doesn't even acknowledge my file was transferred to Seattle from buffalo. Now I just wait ..... We all just have to keep positive ! Good things will come ! Thank you ton everyone who has been so supportive to us newbies! Your time and energy helping others does not go unnoticed! Hats off to u !!
Well, for sure my app process isn't as speedy as yours ;) Besides getting my AOR from Buffalo there haven't been any action going in my file.

Jcres13

Jan 31, 2012
Been reading this forum since I first applied. This is my timeline... Application started end of may. June sponsor approved.. July 5, 2011 application sent to buffalo. December 8, application changed to "in process" and medical results have been recieved. Still waiting patiently like everyone else on this thing for final decision. American citizen married to Canadian citizen.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Hi all, just wanted to ask. Do I need to include my tax information with the application? I keep hearing I do, but I think that's for Inland? Or do I need it for outland? Thanks :)

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
So I'm new to this entire mess... I posted a question about applying out in the Family Class thing.. but I was advised to consult you guys in here since I was going to be needing to do it this way and some of you are admist the madness of trying to be with a loved one.

I can't link my thread.. I guess I've not been here long enough.. but the topic number is : t94760
Titled: American engaged to Canadian - Extensions, Status, Marriage - oh my!

... can I get any further input if you'd be so kind? It's so confusing.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You need to not just send your spouse's portion, but both portions together to Case Processing Centre-Mississauga. True, it is their job to examine the sponsorship portion and not the portion relating the PR applicant, but you are advised in the guides to submit a full application so I think it's safe to say there may be a chance of having the entire thing returned if you don't.

2. The common-law union begins the day that you and your CL partner began living together continously for one year or longer in a committed relationship in which you combined your affairs into one household. It does not matter where you were living together although I should note that if it was in Canada and you, the PR applicant, didn't have any status here, you can see how CIC would not be too pleased :-X.
Kiri said:
So I'm new to this entire mess... I posted a question about applying out in the Family Class thing.. but I was advised to consult you guys in here since I was going to be needing to do it this way and some of you are admist the madness of trying to be with a loved one.

I can't link my thread.. I guess I've not been here long enough.. but the topic number is : t94760
Titled: American engaged to Canadian - Extensions, Status, Marriage - oh my!

... can I get any further input if you'd be so kind? It's so confusing.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The basic answer is that you do need to include some kind of financial information as the sponsor but there is no financial requirement to sponsoring someone in the spousal category.
parker24 said:
Hi all, just wanted to ask. Do I need to include my tax information with the application? I keep hearing I do, but I think that's for Inland? Or do I need it for outland? Thanks :)

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
ddobro2 said:
1. You need to not just send your spouse's portion, but both portions together to Case Processing Centre-Mississauga. True, it is their job to examine the sponsorship portion and not the portion relating the PR applicant, but you are advised in the guides to submit a full application so I think it's safe to say there may be a chance of having the entire thing returned if you don't.

2. The common-law union begins the day that you and your CL partner began living together continously for one year or longer in a committed relationship in which you combined your affairs into one household. It does not matter where you were living together although I should note that if it was in Canada and you, the PR applicant, didn't have any status here, you can see how CIC would not be too pleased :-X.
Mississauga even if I'm applying outland?

I can understand. I had visitor status and was here 6 months, went back for 3 weeks and came back and April 30th would be 5 months more in Canada. He was with me for 2 weeks prior to the first 6 months as we prepped for everything.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
parker24 said:
Back when I filed my app my wife sent a letter from her work which stated her annual income and how long she has been with the company and I did an outland app.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
My app was filed back in Nov 2010 to begin with so things have probably changed alot since then.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Kiri said:
Mississauga even if I'm applying outland?

I can understand. I had visitor status and was here 6 months, went back for 3 weeks and came back and April 30th would be 5 months more in Canada. He was with me for 2 weeks prior to the first 6 months as we prepped for everything.
Outland apps go to Mississauga.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm pretty sure what your wife did works just fine if one were filing today. Dang, I saw your name and thought maybe you had some good news for us :'(
Calgary-Bound said:
My app was filed back in Nov 2010 to begin with so things have probably changed alot since then.