Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think his problem is with getting postal mail, not email.
ben_449 said:
Yes, that is messed up, check both email accounts associated with the file. I know my wife forgot to check her email address that she gave to CIC and there was a letter waiting for her there from Buffalo

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
ddobro2 said:
If your "new address" is your spouse's address, then of course it shows it when you log in as your sponsor. Many people have reported problems with getting Buffalo to change their address. I would sent it to them via mail and confirm through GCMS notes. You might end up having to do this several times until they change it. You might consider keeping in contact with whoever lives at your previous address in case you are mailed any further documentation requests from the visa office.
Thanks for the info Ddobro2. I have not requested any mail or address update yet but i'm surprise to see the sudden change on E-cas but i'm thinking maybe shooting them an email with my info will be faster instead of mailing it. Besides i just order the GCMS note last-week which i'm still waiting to receive in 30days according to the website.

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
ben_449 said:
Yes, that is messed up, check both email accounts associated with the file. I know my wife forgot to check her email address that she gave to CIC and there was a letter waiting for her there from Buffalo
I'm just not so sure why they can't follow simply instructions on how to contact applicants bcos honestly not everyone has access to internet or computer but lucky you at least you guys where able to discover the email from CIC on time. Besides too many people from preview post have experienced the same issue too.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try emailing them but as I said they are not known historically for reacting to these requests. My point about GCMS notes is that if you order them after you send them a letter requesting address change, by the time you receive the documentation a month later you'll see if they've updated it.
Mark5 said:
Thanks for the info Ddobro2. I have not requested any mail or address update yet but i'm surprise to see the sudden change on E-cas but i'm thinking maybe shooting them an email with my info will be faster instead of mailing it. Besides i just order the GCMS note last-week which i'm still waiting to receive in 30days according to the website.

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
ddobro2 said:
You can try emailing them but as I said they are not known historically for reacting to these requests. My point about GCMS notes is that if you order them after you send them a letter requesting address change, by the time you receive the documentation a month later you'll see if they've updated it.
Sure i will do just that. I just use the change of address online now on the E-cas page, just want to ask how reliable or effective and if they will really update both the mail address and home address from there end bcos the site quoted 15 working day for PR applicants and 2 working for PR card.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe CIC specifically asks that applicants not change their address through e-cas. The VO will not know about it. Contact the VO directly, preferably as many ways (email, fax, mail) as you can. Like I said, if they do end up sending something to your former residence, it's always good to have someone there who can inform you of that.
Mark5 said:
Sure i will do just that. I just use the change of address online now on the E-cas page, just want to ask how reliable or effective and if they will really update both the mail address and home address from there end bcos the site quoted 15 working day for PR applicants and 2 working for PR card.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark5 said:
Btw, when is your interview with Buffalo?

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
ddobro2 said:
I believe CIC specifically asks that applicants not change their address through e-cas. The VO will not know about it. Contact the VO directly, preferably as many ways (email, fax, mail) as you can. Like I said, if they do end up sending something to your former residence, it's always good to have someone there who can inform you of that.
Alright and thanks

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Quince777 said:
Btw, when is your interview with Buffalo?
Feb 22, but thanks to the IO for giving us more time to prepare despite requesting we should not send any Doc but bring them with us.

StateOfConfusion

Star Member
Nov 13, 2011
Pennsylvania - USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
AOR Received.
20-01-2012 (CPC-M/Sponsor)/14-2-2012 (Buffalo)
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
05-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 10-4-2012
LANDED..........
24-5-2012
We received our sponsor approval letter today dated January 20th, and confirmation that the application has been forwarded to Buffalo. So...it begins. :-X

Moonlightprancer

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Outland application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O7-11-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
19-01-2012 to Seattle
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2012
Buffalo trnsfered my file to SEA.????

Ok just got new news today regarding my outland package. ... Our package has been sent to the Canadian Consulate General from Buffalo. To refresh everyone's memory... we sent our outland package NOV 2011 received letter approve sponsor DEC and an extension of visitors status for my American hubby. Just got a letter saying file was transferred from Buf to SEA and states :

"In order to expedite the processing of your application your file has been sent to the Canadian Consu. General in Seattle .... will complete the analysis of your application and determine if interview is needed"

Does this mean they are processing Buffalo packages faster now?? And this timeline seems crazy fast... but hey... I am definitely NOT complaining!!! Fingers crossed!!!

OULAND PACKAGE SPOUSAL
MEDS: Aug 2011
FBI: May 2011 ( 2nd set due to expiry after 3 months on their way )
Package sent Mississauga : Nov 2011
File sent to Buffalo : DEc 2011
Approved for Sponsorship: Dec 2011
File transferred: Buffalo to Sea Jan 19th *****************************************

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Buffalo trnsfered my file to SEA.????

Moonlightprancer said:
Our package has been sent to the Canadian Consulate General from Buffalo. To refresh everyone's memory... we sent our outland package NOV 2011 received letter approve sponsor DEC
How come your sponsor approval came so fast in 1 month?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Buffalo trnsfered my file to SEA.????

This keeps popping up on the thread but in any case.......several people going through Buffalo have had their the files transferred to the satellite offices (NY, LA, Seattle, Detroit). There's nothing to be concerned about and actually chances are you will be processed faster as they move these files in order to expedite the processing (why certain files rather than others are expedited remains a mystery, of course). So you're pretty lucky through this whole thing - not only did your sponsorship get approved in half the time, but you'll probably have a shorter wait for the second step of processing too ;) They ask that you not contact Buffalo anymore as they do not have your documents any longer. Also, wait at least about a month if you're going to contact Seattle. I've heard of the satellite offices sending PPR by snail mail at times as well.

Moonlightprancer said:
Ok just got new news today regarding my outland package. ... Our package has been sent to the Canadian Consulate General from Buffalo. To refresh everyone's memory... we sent our outland package NOV 2011 received letter approve sponsor DEC and an extension of visitors status for my American hubby. Just got a letter saying file was transferred from Buf to SEA and states :

"In order to expedite the processing of your application your file has been sent to the Canadian Consu. General in Seattle .... will complete the analysis of your application and determine if interview is needed"

Does this mean they are processing Buffalo packages faster now?? And this timeline seems crazy fast... but hey... I am definitely NOT complaining!!! Fingers crossed!!!

OULAND PACKAGE SPOUSAL
MEDS: Aug 2011
FBI: May 2011 ( 2nd set due to expiry after 3 months on their way )
Package sent Mississauga : Nov 2011
File sent to Buffalo : DEc 2011
Approved for Sponsorship: Dec 2011
File transferred: Buffalo to Sea Jan 19th *****************************************

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StateOfConfusion said:
We received our sponsor approval letter today dated January 20th, and confirmation that the application has been forwarded to Buffalo. So...it begins. :-X
Congratulations!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moonlightprancer said:
I am Canadian living on the West Coast, Spouse is American from GA.
You know the strange thing I find with them transferring it to Seattle because applicant is from Georgia which is on the East coast. So far people were having their files transferred to offices close to their home address. I don't know why but everything seems to be so strange, even getting sponsor approval in 1 month. I didn't hear from anyone on this forum getting sponsor approval in 1 month since August-September. I've heard of people getting theirs longer than 68-74 days, but no way getting in 1 month.
I'm only happy for you that things are rolling so fast for you. But is this fair that CIC keeps posting sponsor approval days in 68-74 range and approves you in 1 month?