+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

C

cchabert

First thank you for all you answers, this is for the pre-assessment and of course I'm exited, I don't want to send more than their are asking for.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hi All:

I am new in this topic - and I just submitted my pre-assessment application. I am qualifying for NOC2171 - IT consultant.

Question is... anybody here applies for the pre-assessment ever got rejected? What's the chance of the pre-assessment got approved/rejected? So far, I don't see anyone got rejected - means good news for anyone who holds H1b? Or.. ?

Any comment/feedback? Thank you.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
I don't think you will be rejected on the pre-assessment as long as you satisfy their requirements (1 year work experience in the US, currently employed in the US with valid H1B, your job type is in their list).

yrinaldy said:
Hi All:

I am new in this topic - and I just submitted my pre-assessment application. I am qualifying for NOC2171 - IT consultant.

Question is... anybody here applies for the pre-assessment ever got rejected? What's the chance of the pre-assessment got approved/rejected? So far, I don't see anyone got rejected - means good news for anyone who holds H1b? Or.. ?

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Okay - that's what I thought - considering I haven't (or never) seen or heard anyone got rejected... I guess that's good news. What I could do now is just wait and see - Thanks!

bb0310 said:
I don't think you will be rejected on the pre-assessment as long as you satisfy their requirements (1 year work experience in the US, currently employed in the US with valid H1B, your job type is in their list).

yrinaldy said:
Hi All:

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
cchabert ,

you can use the USCIS document to show job duties. You may also simply write your jod description yourself.
Just make sure you tie it to a job category on the pressure list, when you write your cover letter.

olusolalekan

C

cchabert

Thank you olusolalekan that's what I did, just waiting for the results, the email said they will reply in a week.

Have a great weekend!

LANIEROSE

Oct 4, 2008
Re: Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP h1B

Hi

I am a new member to this forum. I would like to know how to apply and being assested to get work in alberta canada.tnx.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a H1B visa in the US and have worked there for a year, you may qualify for the H1B program in Alberta. If not, you need to find a job and get a temporary work permit. What is your profession?

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Veerjara,

Sorry for responding late. I sent query about my AINP status to same email address as I used for pre-assessment i.e. Immigration.Info@gov.ab.ca

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Taps

veerjara said:
Hi Tapak,

Great news tht u got the file number. Believe Ur nomination should be in soon.

im just curious to know wht email adddress u contacted Gingie at. I submitted pretty much close to your date and am awaiting the file n. It would be nice if you could pl share. Thanks there!

Tapak said:
I sent an email yesterday to Gingie regarding delay in issuance of file #. I received reply from Gingie saying that

"I apologize for the delay – the AINP office has received your application, but they have been backlogged and delayed in sending out confirmations of receipt.

They received your application on 09/19/2008. Your reference number for your file is XXXXXXX-0178."

I guess there are, and will, be more and more people applying.; maybe due to economic meltdown and long GC wait.

Hope we squeeze through in initial phase before this option chokes too :))

Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I see that most of us are either in process or about to apply for AINP. I would suggest that it would be helpful if anyone and everyone who gets a lead or information on

• Recruitment agencies or direct companies in IT or Nursing or any other occupation as applicable,
  • Nice cities to live or work-in like Calgary / Edmonton,
  • Nice areas within these cities from work travel, convenience perspective.
  • Good Schools and Universities,
  • Store chains similar to Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc.
  • Preferred banks for transferring funds from US bank to Canadian bank. Does it help to operate with certain banks that can help leverage our US credit scores (while buying house in Canada)
  • Is there a way to move our SSN funds or Medicare to respective SSN/ Medicare accounts in Canada?

Please feel free to add more queries as you all may have. Remember that all of these questions be answered here or else we would be searching answers individually.

I know people may argue that there is internet to search for all this information but I suggest that if posting a link will help others, then why not?

This will help others in getting insight into living in Alberta sooner than later.

Any thoughts..,

Taps

C

cchabert

This is the link of Alberta:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/about/index.html

It has many info also I have this for housing:

http://www.247apartments.com/

Calgary News Paper:

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/index.html

There is 8 Walmarts and 3 Costco Stores plus 3 Best Buys and 7 Home Depots, sorry no Target but 1 Ikea

Check this link:

http://www.calgaryselect.com/Shopping/tabid/207/Default.aspx

Cheers!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live in Edmonton. There is an IKEA here too. I have no idea how many Walmarts and Safeways and Home Depots but there are also Canadian stores like Home Hardware and Rona similar to Home Depot, Canadian tire sells tires but also other automotive products, tools, home and garden products, sports equipments etc. To get food and clothes cheap, you can go to Superstore, also known as Real Canadian Superstore. They have in many cases Walmart prices but they also sell fresh vegetables etc. They also do banking. It's the best bank if you want no fees, high interest but they hold your checks for 10 business days before depositing and they only do phone and online banking. Other banks that are both in the US and Canada are Citibank and HSBC but they are not the biggest. Out of the big banks here, Canada Trust (TD) and BMO (Bank of Montreal) are the most liked.

The Hudson Bay company started in the very old days in fur trading and later supplying fur trader communities with items they needed for daily life. Their stores now operate under The Bay and are kind of similar to Sears. They also run another store chain under the name Zellers which is cheaper and sells clothes and a bit of everything else, electronics, tools, home decor, they have a pharmacy too.

There are Best Buys but similar to Best Buy is Future shop. Similar to Radio Shack is The source by Circuit city. Actually they used to be called Radio shack here but all changed their names a few years ago. I guess lost a lawsuit with the american Radio Shack or something over the name. There is usually one in every mall.

The biggest cell phone companies here are Telus, Bell, Rogers and Fido. Just depends on your use which is working the best for you. If you are moving from Europe or another GSM phone area, if you have a triband or quadband phone that works in Canada, you can buy a Rogers or Fido card for it. The other companies here don't use sim cards. You can pick up cheap prepaid phones from pretty much any company though.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Leon,

This information is very professional and informative. I really liked the information on banking system & internet access. This is the first thing one would look for. Does Alberta has any/many biotech/pharma companies? How do they recruit? I mean inside contacts or HR route.

If you know something let us know.

Thanks a lot

-dna

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You want internet access too? Generally there is cable or DSL. In Edmonton, you have Telus phone company with DSL and Shaw is the cable company. I have tried both of them for internet and they are both very similar and I had no problem with either one. The only difference is that Telus the phone company offers you a "free" gift if you sign up with them and they lock you in a contract. As soon as the honeymoon is over, the price goes up. They do give you a wireless router though but you can get a wireless router for $30 so that is not really a big deal. Some smaller companies may offer you a good deal but be aware and google them before you sign up. Some of them have really horrible service and your connection doesn't work.

As for phone, again depends on who you call the most. Shaw the cable company offers you a phone through them with some long distance included. You can also get Vonage if you have high speed internet. I chose to get a phone line from Telus the phone company but not take their long distance since they did not have a deal that was good for me. Instead I have long distance service from telehop.com