+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

kirang

Jul 31, 2008
Guys,

Alberta Immigration received my file on August 26, 2008 and last 4 digits of the file number is 131. Most of us applied during the same week. Hopefully we should have the final PNP certficate by the end of November 2008 (the latest).

I called Gingie and asked some information about the job market in Canada, she said one guy (mechanical engineer) applied for few job postings on the internet and he already have 2 offers from Alberta employers. I am a civil engineer and planning on applying for some jobs after I get the PNP certificate. I found that you need an engineering license to work in Canda (I mean as an engineer, otherwise you have to work as engineering technologist until you get your license). But the good thing is if you are licensed in US , you can get licensed in Alberta with least amount of paper work. So guys its better to get the Canadian/Alberta license if yours is a regulated profession. Good Luck.

Kirang.

WalkingFunny said:
ingegarcia said:
Hi WalkingFunny
What is the Stream of your PNP?
1. Employer Driven Stream
2 Strategic Recruitment Stream for H1B Holders

Reading your comments it seems to be that you under #1 above... if so then the timelines might be a little different because for H1B holders we do not need a job offer to apply under this program

BTW my PNP is under the H1B program and my documents were received in Aug 22, my no. is 7XXX:XX:0128
Very interesting I applied just days before and the numbers have a diff of 2.... :))

WalkingFunny said:
Hi all,
I've been reading the PNP posts on this forum for a while, but only registered today. Really good information.
Congratulations maldito!
I also submitted the main PNP application and I got a confirmation with employee file no. saying my applications was received on August 26th. Keep praying and hoping for the best.
Based on maldito's time-line I should be getting the pnp approval at the end of October, hopefully before.

Just a quick question maldito: my no. is 7XXX:XX:0130, do you mind telling me what your last four numbers are?, I wonder if it has any bearing on how far they've gone with the processing.
Hi ingegarcia,
I'm actually under no.2 i.e. the Strategic Recruitment Stream for H1B.
Yes, the numbers seem to reflect the submission dates 0128 for yours on August 22nd, and 0130 for mine on August 26th. That seems like an acknowledgment rate of 1 every 2 days :) not very fast .... It'll be interesting to know what maldito's last 4 no.s are

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
We have the same issue Tapak, Alberta received my Application September 3 and still I don't have my file number. But for the week before that they got the file number in around two weeks. Anybody submitted application that Labor day week (Sept. 1-5)?

Tapak said:
Hi,

I applied on 9/4 for AIPNP but haven't received my file number. I read through previous posts and it seems that it takes about 2 weeks to get the file number.
I wonder why I haven't received mine. Is it that they are flooded with applications?
Can anyone tell how did they receive the file number, email or post?

Thanks,
Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent an email yesterday to Gingie regarding delay in issuance of file #. I received reply from Gingie saying that

"I apologize for the delay – the AINP office has received your application, but they have been backlogged and delayed in sending out confirmations of receipt.

They received your application on 09/19/2008. Your reference number for your file is XXXXXXX-0178."

I guess there are, and will, be more and more people applying.; maybe due to economic meltdown and long GC wait.

Hope we squeeze through in initial phase before this option chokes too :))

Taps

C

cchabert

I just send my form by email today, better now than sorry later, things are changing very quickly, but I see you guys send emails to Gingie, who is she? I send my form to immigration.info at gov.ab.ca

dipulata

Sep 30, 2008
HI I came across this http://www.canadavisa.com/in-the-us-on-an-h1b-Alberta-pnp-has-a-new-option-for-you.html. I am a recent H1 holder in US effect oct1st 08. Any idea if I am eligible to apply.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is from the link that you posted:

To be eligible, the applicant must be currently employed in the United States on an H1B visa and have been working there for at least one year. The year of work experience in the U.S. must be in an occupation that is listed as one of Alberta’s Regional Occupations under Pressure. Successful applicants will be nominated by Alberta for Canadian Permanent Residency, thereby fast-tracking the immigration process.

So at least not for another year.

veerjara

Oct 1, 2008
Hi Tapak,

Great news tht u got the file number. Believe Ur nomination should be in soon.

im just curious to know wht email adddress u contacted Gingie at. I submitted pretty much close to your date and am awaiting the file n. It would be nice if you could pl share. Thanks there!

Tapak said:
I sent an email yesterday to Gingie regarding delay in issuance of file #. I received reply from Gingie saying that

"I apologize for the delay – the AINP office has received your application, but they have been backlogged and delayed in sending out confirmations of receipt.

They received your application on 09/19/2008. Your reference number for your file is XXXXXXX-0178."

I guess there are, and will, be more and more people applying.; maybe due to economic meltdown and long GC wait.

Hope we squeeze through in initial phase before this option chokes too :))

Taps

C

cchabert

Hey Guys I need your help I just receive the email asking for more documentation to process the application and I have this questions:

1. A photocopy of your passport – kindly only send a copy of the Photo and your personal information pages, of your current passport
2. A photocopy of your current H1B visa

3. Evidence/Proof that you have been in the United States legally for at least one year.- WHAT do you present here?

4. Proof of your qualification for H1B (eg. education degree/diploma, license, certification, etc) please note, at this time 1 or 2 documents will suffice, we do not require transcripts
5. Proof of your current employment (a copy of your most recent pay stub)

6. Job description (job duties) and how it applies to the Regional Occupations Under Pressure List in Alberta .-This can be the letter that my employer send to UCIS ? that was 3 years a go and I do more duties now that also are in the pressure list, If I ned a new letter this need to be on company letter head and sign by the boss?

Thank you for your prompt help that is the only things I need to do before sending the info.

Peace!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
cchabert,

Your question - Evidence/Proof that you have been in the United States legally for at least one year.- WHAT do you present here?

My answer - I-797 APPROVAL NOTICE AND/OR VISA PAGE WITH ENTRY DATE.

olusolalekan

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
cchabert said:
Hey Guys I need your help I just receive the email asking for more documentation to process the application and I have this questions:

1. A photocopy of your passport – kindly only send a copy of the Photo and your personal information pages, of your current passport

3. Evidence/Proof that you have been in the United States legally for at least one year.- WHAT do you present here?

4. Proof of your qualification for H1B (eg. education degree/diploma, license, certification, etc) please note, at this time 1 or 2 documents will suffice, we do not require transcripts

6. Job description (job duties) and how it applies to the Regional Occupations Under Pressure List in Alberta .-This can be the letter that my employer send to UCIS ? that was 3 years a go and I do more duties now that also are in the pressure list, If I ned a new letter this need to be on company letter head and sign by the boss?

Thank you for your prompt help that is the only things I need to do before sending the info.

Peace!
For 3. you can submit your recent pay stubs and W2 copy (tax return).
for 6. A letter from your boss or HR on the company letterhead, with start date, salary and description of duties. In fact this will satisfy 3 also.

Good luck

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Answers:

3.) a.) Certificate of employment (past and present) - this letter usually indicates when you joined the company and when you left.
b.) W-2
c.) Paystub a year ago.

6.) You don't need it to be on a company letter head. Is this for the pre-assessment or application already?

cchabert said:

Peace!