+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

C

cchabert

I have all my money on the RBC Centura Bank, But Leon is not that bank in Edmonton or Calgary? if not I'll change to CitiBank as you mention.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon and cchabert, thank you so much for sharing the information in this forum.

Correct me if I am wrong, My understanding was all of the folks under Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP are H1B from US. As a human tendency, I am trying to compare things - where we are, to where we're planning to move.

At least from what I see on online IT jobs, the salaries are 30% lower than similar jobs in US. What I don't understand is if Canada is costlier and offer lower salaries compared to USA (from what I have heard), how is it projected as preferred location? Will it be possible to enjoy same life style as we have do in US?

These questions creep up in my mind specially during weekend's when it is relatively unoccupied.

Also, it seems that all these years credit history nurtured and maintained in US will be of no use when I take a loan in Canada for Auto or Home. Is there another option to leverage US Credit Score to get good interest rates?

C

cchabert

Tapak on your question I can only tell you that my brother in law move to Toronto 3 year a go and last May he went to the Toyota dealer and ask them if they can check his US credit report and they did it, also he take with him before he moves there a report from his car insurance company and another one from the department of motor vehicles, hope this helps.

Cheers

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have a bank called RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) but I have no idea if it is the same as your bank, I guess that is one more that operates in the US too according to their website, http://rbc.com/ If you stay with the same bank, you should be able to get your credit history to count. Order your credit report and get an introduction letter from your bank, it should help.

The H1B campaign is definitely for people who are in the US on a H1B or a couple of other type visas. Other people can still come to AB as temporary workers and get permanent residency through the PNP but they don't get it right away. They have to come here first.

You have to weigh the pros and cons of going to Canada. If you are happy in the US and making good money, why move? Canada is throwing their PR on the table though but maybe it is easy for you to get a green card in the US too. You have to answer those questions for yourself before you decide.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Tapak said:
Leon and cchabert, thank you so much for sharing the information in this forum.

Correct me if I am wrong, My understanding was all of the folks under Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP are H1B from US. As a human tendency, I am trying to compare things - where we are, to where we're planning to move.

At least from what I see on online IT jobs, the salaries are 30% lower than similar jobs in US. What I don't understand is if Canada is costlier and offere lower salaries compared to USA (from what I have heard), how is it projected as preferred location? Will it be possible to enjoy same life style as we have do in US?

These questions creep up in my mind specially during weekend's when it is relatively unoccupied.

Also, it seems that all these years credit history nurtured and maintained in US will be of no use when I take a loan in Canada for Auto or Home. Is there another option to leverage US Credit Score to get good interest rates?
Here s the case for Canada,We have lots of jobs,The US is losing hundreds of thousands of them monthly,You have a Financial crisis,We dont,You have a Banking Meltdown,Not a single Canadian Bank closed this whole year,California is on the verge of declaring Bankruptcy unless the Federal Goverment lends them 7 Billion Dollars,Alberta has NO DEBT and is posting a multi billion dollar surplus,B.C will be posting a billion dollar surplus also..How much do you pay for your healthcare?I pay 80$ a month for the whole Family?There must be a reason for the stampede of H-1 visa holders to Alberta,I know maybe its because of Lower Paying jobs that EXIST compared to Higher paying jobs that DONT EXIST in the US.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In AB we will not even be paying a health care fee starting January 1 2009 and we have no provincial sales tax, only the GST of 5% but still, it's up to everyone to decide for themselves. If you have it really good in the US, why even consider moving here?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Thanks for the update leon,Free Medical care,So you pay zero dollars for a heart Bypass surgery?How much does it cost in the US?I forgot to add the Housing crisis in the US which we dont have,People are not losing their homes in Canada,So lets compare Financial crisis,Reccesion,Expensive health Care,No Jobs,Bankrupt States,Higher Salaries vs No Financial crisis,Booming economy,Provincial surpluses,Free Health care,Lower paying Salaries,Plenty of jobs You are free to choose,But I had a choice years ago and I am glad I chose Canada rather then move to California

C

cchabert

Leon and BCGuy I just want to thank you for all you help, and let me tell you that I move to US 8 years a go, first with a Tourist Visa, then I found a job and move to a Nafta TN visa, then move to H1B with the same employer and I just receive (past July) my I-140 to apply for a green card, well in all those 8 years my family and I keep waiting for this I-140, we can't move or have another job or we need to start the process again, I have been with the same salary for 8 years and have 2 child's, so you can imagine everything is up but not the wages, I don't have health insurance, so I can't afford to be sick, and my lawyer told me that with the I-140 it can be another 2 or 3 years to get the green card, and he said it can't guarantee I will have it, another one the green card expires so you need to renew it and also they can denied that, after 9/11 the policy here is complete anti-immigrant and more to the guys from my country, all the things that BCGuy and Leon mention are truth. The only thing I regret is not having take the decision before, but now... I'll see you guys in Calgary (AINP) or Mississauga (Federal Program) who ever came first, I need peace to my family and not insecurity.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, Canada is a little more forthcoming with their PR than the US is with the green card. Once you have a Canadian PR, they will not take it away unless you commit a serious crime or you don't fill your residency requirements. 3 years in Canada as a PR and you can get citizenship.

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Leon said:
Yeah, Canada is a little more forthcoming with their PR than the US is with the green card. Once you have a Canadian PR, they will not take it away unless you commit a serious crime or you don't fill your residency requirements. 3 years in Canada as a PR and you can get citizenship.
Hi Leon and BCguy,
many thanks for your invaluable insight into life in Alberta.
I applied for the PNP and I'm waiting for the approval. I've gathered from this forum (from maldito) that when the PNP is approved, the PNP office also offers to support a work visa application while the CIC portion of the PR is pending. That is, the nominee can relocate immediately if they have a job offer in Alberta. This will be really fast since the employer does not have to go through the LMO required for a work permit.
My question is, what are the good employment agencies to work with to get a job, most of the ones I've seen online don't give the "capable" impression? Or maybe the employment agency route is not the way to go, any advice will be greatly appreciated. My background is Electrical Engineering/ IT research.
Thanks.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCguy said:
Thanks for the update leon,Free Medical care,So you pay zero dollars for a heart Bypass surgery?How much does it cost in the US?I forgot to add the Housing crisis in the US which we dont have,People are not losing their homes in Canada,So lets compare Financial crisis,Reccesion,Expensive health Care,No Jobs,Bankrupt States,Higher Salaries vs No Financial crisis,Booming economy,Provincial surpluses,Free Health care,Lower paying Salaries,Plenty of jobs You are free to choose,But I had a choice years ago and I am glad I chose Canada rather then move to California

Leon said:
In AB we will not even be paying a health care fee starting January 1 2009 and we have no provincial sales tax, only the GST of 5% but still, it's up to everyone to decide for themselves. If you have it really good in the US, why even consider moving here?
Medicals may not be an issue while we are young; but you never know, when one may need uptick costly surgery.
Years of US green card wait has kept us away from buying big ticket items like houses, premium auto and investments in local economy.
You guys are right. If Canada gives me residency upfront, I can get all my dream fulfilled.

Security and Freedom is priceless.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Hey once again guys For those of you who mailed in your invitation for Provincial nominee how did you certify them in the US or you just notralised them?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
rascojenkins said:
Hey once again guys For those of you who mailed in your invitation for Provincial nominee how did you certify them in the US or you just notralised them?
I checked with Gingie (before mailing my documents) and she said just photocopies are fine. However she said in future they will ask for notarized copies. Just check your invitation letter if they have asked for it.

Even then I sent notarized copies.

Good Luck

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rascojenkins said:
I just sent photocopies of required documents, since there was no mention in invitation letter requesting notarized copies.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Thanks alot dnataraj and tapak. Please my next question is l filed an application with the cic office in Buffalo b4 the provicial nominee but my adress was ontario I HAVE NOT HAD A RESPONSE YET CAUSE I FALL UNDER THE NEW LAW. my question is can l fill just that adress form and mail to cic with the request to change my address from ontario to calagary Alberta and on the provincial nominiee invitation form should l just fill out that when l applied for cic i applied to live in calgary alberta.OR JUST SAY IN MY PREVIOUS CIC FORM L APPLIED TO LIVE IN ONTARIO AND WHEN L FILL THE NEW ONE PUT THE ABERT ADRESS?