Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You dont apply to CIC for Provincial Nominee,You apply to the province concerned AINP in the case of Alberta,BC PNP in the case of BC etc

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
BCGuy,

I thnk by CIC, he meant you still have to apply to CIC for the PR even if you are going through the PnP route. You still have to apply to the CIC after you get nominated by a province and warded a PnP ceritifcate.

olusolalekan

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
WELL I QUESS IT DID NOT COME OUT WELL WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS THAT I HAVE A PENDING SKILLED WORKER APPLICATION WITH THE BUFFALO OFFICE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE ALBERTA PNP PROGRAM.ON THE SKILLED WORKER APP i APPLIED TO GO TO ONTARIO.SO MY QUESTION IS IF I CAN JUST FILL OUT THE ADRESS FORM AND THE PUT AN ALBERT ADRESS ON WITH A LETTER TELLING CIC THAT L WISH TO CHANGE MY APPLICATION TO ALBERTA SINCE L MIGHT BE HAVING THE APNP SOON OR JUST WAIT WHEN I HAVE THE APNP THEN I WITHDRAW MY FEDERAL AND SEND IN A NEW ONE?

C

cchabert

I'm in the same boat as rascojenkins, I have my application with Buffalo since June 16, 2008 and I summit my Alberta application last week, what I know I need to wait until I receive my provincial nominee certificate in about 4 or 5 months and then send that to the Buffalo office and withdraw the federal case, I can be wrong let see what the others said.

Good Day!

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Hi BCguy and Leon,
any help on my previous post to you will be greatly appreciated.
WalkingFunny said:
Hi Leon and BCguy,
many thanks for your invaluable insight into life in Alberta.
I applied for the PNP and I'm waiting for the approval. I've gathered from this forum (from maldito) that when the PNP is approved, the PNP office also offers to support a work visa application while the CIC portion of the PR is pending. That is, the nominee can relocate immediately if they have a job offer in Alberta. This will be really fast since the employer does not have to go through the LMO required for a work permit.
My question is, what are the good employment agencies to work with to get a job, most of the ones I've seen online don't give the "capable" impression? Or maybe the employment agency route is not the way to go, any advice will be greatly appreciated. My background is Electrical Engineering/ IT research.
Thanks.

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am sharing my experience too. I am on the still on the initial stages.

I first sent the one-page application form to Gingie on September 30.
I got a reply from Gingie requesting for copies of documents (i.e. passport, paystubs) on the same day, September 30.
I sent the documents on October-3. I got a reply from her saying she received the documents today, October-6. On the email, it was mentioned that my papers will be assessed. I will get a package containing an invitation to apply IF i get approved on pre-assessment. The email said it takes 30-60 days for this to happen.

Just sharing. :)

I hope to get approved for this one soon, as I am currently on bench with my current employer. I am now in the US and the economy has greatly affected my company. You just never know what will happen next. Given my current state (H1B holder), effects of loosing a job will definitely have a major impact on my life. Please hope that this Alberta program goes on smoothly and fast...

C

cchabert

WOW!!! OPTIMUSPRIME We have the same dates I got the same email from Gingie today also, keep it posted to see what is going on, keep the spirit high.

Cheers!

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Hello All,
I am so glad I found this forum. All your insights are totally helpful. I am one of those H1-B visa holder wanting to bail-out from the USofA..FAST :)) I will share whatever experience I will encounter along the way to this new scheme. Is Maldito in Alberta already? He is an inspiration with all the positiveness of his AB advenure. Good luck to us all. BCguy and Leon btw are awesome. Cheers!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
rascojenkins,

First, your address is not Ontario, Alberta or anywhere in Canada. Your address is not the same thing as the city in which you intended to live (as conatined on the forms). That is confusing to people who may want to help answer your question.

Now to your question. You do not have to inform CIC about your Alberta PnP as at now. I understand you picked a different city from Alberta when you submitted your FSW to CIC and you are wondering if that will be an issue. No. I was in exact same situation. All you have to do is fill a new set of PnP application for the CIC stage of your pnp route. You must withdraw your pending FSW before submitting a PnP application to CIC. By then, the location you chose in your withdrawn FSW does not have any bearing/implication on your new PNP application after you have been nominated by Alberta.

I expect my PnP certificate by mid-November and will withdraw my FSW if I do not have Initial Assessment/Medical by then. It takes 4 months on the average to complete the CIC part of a PnP route.

Let me know if you have further questions

olusolalekan

rascojenkins said:
WELL I QUESS IT DID NOT COME OUT WELL WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS THAT I HAVE A PENDING SKILLED WORKER APPLICATION WITH THE BUFFALO OFFICE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THE ALBERTA PNP PROGRAM.ON THE SKILLED WORKER APP i APPLIED TO GO TO ONTARIO.SO MY QUESTION IS IF I CAN JUST FILL OUT THE ADRESS FORM AND THE PUT AN ALBERT ADRESS ON WITH A LETTER TELLING CIC THAT L WISH TO CHANGE MY APPLICATION TO ALBERTA SINCE L MIGHT BE HAVING THE APNP SOON OR JUST WAIT WHEN I HAVE THE APNP THEN I WITHDRAW MY FEDERAL AND SEND IN A NEW ONE?

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
cchabert said:
WOW!!! OPTIMUSPRIME We have the same dates I got the same email from Gingie today also, keep it posted to see what is going on, keep the spirit high.

Cheers!
Hi cchabert! I will surely keep you posted of any updates. :)

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
Hi guys, I am new on this forum. I have seen the link for the H1B stream on this forum and so far everything is going well. I am about to send my documents to alberta for official assesment (AINP). Do you have to send photos and a copy of your ID at this stage or later when you receive the nomination.
Your answers will be helpfull. Thanks

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
According to this link you are not required to send photographs for AINP processing you'll need them when processing your PR with CIC though..
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/pnpcandidatefaq.html#10a

As for the ID I remember I sent copies of Passport, H1B, 797,i-94.

I hope this helps!

magiqhand said:
Hi guys, I am new on this forum. I have seen the link for the H1B stream on this forum and so far everything is going well. I am about to send my documents to alberta for official assesment (AINP). Do you have to send photos and a copy of your ID at this stage or later when you receive the nomination.
Your answers will be helpfull. Thanks

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I will send the photos to CIC and the copy of my identification card when I get my nomination.