+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Re: Second Attempt: what Documents required to submit for offical AB Nominee, Please

The requirements are listed on the package that comes with the pre-assessment approval. The usual things...work experience letter, passport biodata, educational quals, birth cert, bank statement, job description and copies of the PnP forms you will send to CIC after you are nominated.

No photos, medical and police clearance at this level. that will be used at the CIC level.

findude32 said:
Hi Experts, here is my second attempt to ask the same Q and I have seen the others asked this Q too, but unfortunetely either this Q has been overlooked or neglected.
please answer this time.
1). After the pre-assessment approval, what kind of documents need to submit/enclose to process the AB PNP certificate.
Yes, I got the idea that we do not need any police report and/or FBI clearance certificate and no need to enclose photos. Thanks to let us know.

Besides that what are the other relevants documents will go along with the original application of PNP certificate?
Please answer whoever know but I am counting Olule, ingerga, dantraj, maltio whoever have already applied.[sorry for userid, if mispell]
Thanks

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Confusion about fees

When I refer fees payable in US and Canadian dollars on CIC buffalo site, the figures are same whether one choose to pay in US$ or Canadian$

Fees in US dollars
http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/main/visas/fee_schedule_us_dollars-en.asp

Fees in Canadian dollars
http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/main/visas/fee_schedule_canadian-en.asp

Am I missing something or it is typo (conversion rates aren't applied by web master)?

Taps

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
cchabert

landing fee is different from application fee. The application fee is $550 per adult and $150 per child (below 18). The landing fee is what they ask for when you get to the very final stage and they want to issue you with canadian Permanent residence card. This usually comes with Initial Assessment where they ask for COPR fee (landing fee) of $490 per adult (children are exempted).

I have not paid landing fee because my FSW is not yet approved. However I paid application fee of $550 when i submitted the FSW application but this is fully refundable if you withdraw your application before a decision is made on your application. Initial assessment does not even constitute final decision for this purpose. So if you withdraw an FSW because you want to submit a PnP application to the CIC, your FSW fees will be returned to you and you will use it to pay for the PnP application to the CIC.

Hope this helps?

olusolalekan

cchabert said:
This one is for olusolalekan ...you mention this..."I am in similar situation whereby I estimate my PnP certificate and FSW IA will come at the same time by the end this month or first two weeks in November. If the IA comes with no request for additional request for info but only medical request and Landing fees, I may not withdraw the FSW. Otherwise, I will withdraw and submit a PnP."

My question is ...you summit your landing fee to FSW and I assume they cash the check, did you send another landing fees to Alberta? or how usually work?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
cchabert

Alberta does not charge any fee for PnP application. You only pay application fees to CIC when and if you get to that stage.

olusolalekan

cchabert said:
This one is for olusolalekan ...you mention this..."I am in similar situation whereby I estimate my PnP certificate and FSW IA will come at the same time by the end this month or first two weeks in November. If the IA comes with no request for additional request for info but only medical request and Landing fees, I may not withdraw the FSW. Otherwise, I will withdraw and submit a PnP."

My question is ...you summit your landing fee to FSW and I assume they cash the check, did you send another landing fees to Alberta? or how usually work?

C

cchabert

Thank you olusolalekan it make a lot of sense, at this moment I'll not withdraw FSW I'll let things running, after the election, (BTW looks like the conservatives are losing support) I'll see which come first, but right now I think Alberta will be first, from FSW I summit my form on June 16 and no AOR yet.

Thank you again!

Oct 8, 2008
hello everbody,
Please can anybody tell me about my case how long i still have to wait for certificate of nomination?
i am in alberta as a foreign worker, i sent my application to AINP under employer driven stream category in the 25th of may 2008.
I appreciate your help,

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hi Guys:

I found this out - they will have info session this Tues Oct 14 - good to attend if one live nearby in NY.

I will definitely go and check it out.

Calendar of Events.

Immigrate to Alberta Information Session

Information session about Immigrating to Alberta and the opportunities Alberta has to offer.
October 14, 2008
The New Yorker Hotel
481 8th Avenue
New York NY USA
Cost: No charge
RSVP by: October 1, 2008
Wendy Blackwell
Employment and Immigration - Labour Attraction Branch
4th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 - 102 Street
Edmonton AB Canada
Phone: 780.427-6419

foreign-worker said:
hello everbody,
Please can anybody tell me about my case how long i still have to wait for certificate of nomination?
i am in alberta as a foreign worker, i sent my application to AINP under employer driven stream category in the 25th of may 2008.
I appreciate your help,

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Please clarify these Q for me:
1). Do we need birth certificate for any stage of PR process. (Second stage of PNP or CIC)
2). Proof of funds can be shown only in saving a/c or it can be only checking or both accounts statement can be attached.
Also any particular bank is recommended such as TD or any Canadian bank?
3). Do we need to submit recent pay stub again on second stage of PNP?
What if someone doesn’t have a recent pay stub?
4). which method would be recommended to mail document for second stage of PNP?
FedEx, DHL or US priority mail
5). I mailed my pre- assessment on 16th Sep and their reply was acknowledging the application and mentioned: Don’t contact us via phone or mail or fax that will delay the process. My Q is how long I should wait to inquire about the application? [30, 40 or 60 working days]
6). I read in the forum somewhere that need to mention job description/duties.
My Q is the duties should include in the Experience letter or provide separate letter only stating the job and its duties being performed on the location.
Please answer according to the sequence whoever knows it accordingly.
Thanks!

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
1.) I did submit a photocopy of the birth certificate during the application of PNP. I think you need original for the CIC.
2.) Mine is with a US bank.
3.) Yes, recent paystub as proof of your current employment.
4.) I used FedEx. (Remember to stick the green adhesive they provided, I used a transparent packaging tape for it to stick properly)
5.) I think I got the pre-assessmennt in 6 weeks.
6.) I'm not sure I understand the question, but what I did is create a letter stating all my duties and responsibilities.

Hope this will help, there are more experienced fellows here that might be able to give their thoughts.

findude32 said:
1). Do we need birth certificate for any stage of PR process. (Second stage of PNP or CIC)
2). Proof of funds can be shown only in saving a/c or it can be only checking or both accounts statement can be attached.
What if someone doesn't have a recent pay stub?
5). I mailed my pre- assessment on 16th Sep and their reply was acknowledging the application and mentioned: Don't contact us via phone or mail or fax that will delay the process. My Q is how long I should wait to inquire about the application? [30, 40 or 60 working days]
My Q is the duties should include in the Experience letter or provide separate letter only stating the job and its duties being performed on the location.
Thanks!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
CIC and PnP Alberta will NOT need your original birth certificate. Just the notarized copy is good for CIC. A regular copy is good for Alberta PnP for now. they may ask for notarized copy later.

All in all, nobody is going to ask you to send in originals of birth certificates or certificates!

bb0310 said:
1.) I did submit a photocopy of the birth certificate during the application of PNP. I think you need original for the CIC.
2.) Mine is with a US bank.
3.) Yes, recent paystub as proof of your current employment.
4.) I used FedEx. (Remember to stick the green adhesive they provided, I used a transparent packaging tape for it to stick properly)
5.) I think I got the pre-assessmennt in 6 weeks.
6.) I'm not sure I understand the question, but what I did is create a letter stating all my duties and responsibilities.

Hope this will help, there are more experienced fellows here that might be able to give their thoughts.

findude32 said:
What if someone doesn't have a recent pay stub?
5). I mailed my pre- assessment on 16th Sep and their reply was acknowledging the application and mentioned: Don't contact us via phone or mail or fax that will delay the process. My Q is how long I should wait to inquire about the application? [30, 40 or 60 working days]
Thanks!

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't submit my birth cerificate to AINP as I didn't see any mention about submitting the birth certificate for AINP.

Please confirm whether copy of birth certificate is necessary for AINP or not?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Me neither... the document was not in the instructions... at least in the ones they mailed me :)

Tapak said:
I didn't submit my birth cerificate to AINP as I didn't see any mention about submitting the birth certificate for AINP.

Oct 8, 2008
hello everybody,

I am looking forward to receive a certificate for nomination from alberta under Employer driven stream,,, do i need to send new application to buffalo even if I already had a file number with CIC under the new category waiting lists (C50).
any thought and advice will be very appreciated.
Thanks.

jaskaur

Oct 10, 2008
Hi,

I am new to the Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP. I have a couple of questions:
1. According to my understanding, the first step is to email the h1b_004 form to immigration.info@gov.ab.ca. Do I need to send in any of my documents as well?
2. Also, please send me the links for the forms for the remaining steps as well. I would really appreciate if someone can elaborate the whole process as well.

I am on h1B visa working as a Business Analyst in the USA.

Thanks

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
The instruction ask for birth certificates of children. I added them in my PnP application

ingegarcia said:
Me neither... the document was not in the instructions... at least in the ones they mailed me :)

Tapak said: