ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
This is a very good news.... I can start looking for a job once I get AINP nomination :))

Thanks for the info maldito!!!

maldito said:
"If you obtain a job offer from an Alberta employer, you may contact the AINP and provide our office with documents that demonstrate that you have a valid job offer from an Alberta employer, related to the occupation of ______________. The AINP may then be able to issue a support letter that you can use for a temporary work permit from CIC."

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
HI Maldito, Congrat! first. I guess the wait is really paid off now.
I would ask you a favor which would help all of us in regard to second stage[PNP nominee package].
My question is once you get the pre- assessment approval and received the 'brown package' to fill the application for PNP nominee certificate. What are the documents and credentials are we need to attach with the application.
Please kindly list them all so if anyone of us are missing any documents so we can arrange while waiting for the pre-assessment approval.
Add any relevant information as you think we need or help us.
Thank you in advance.
choas

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Let me see if I understood the last posts...

With just the Alberta Provincial Nomination the applicant cannot move and work in Alberta...

The only 2 things the applicant can do are:

- Start looking for a job, and in the remote case you get a job offer, you need to send the office
and they will evaluate that. Then you may get a temporary work permit from CIC to move and work at Alberta.
Then you can apply for residency (CIC) there.

- Don't look for a job in Alberta, or if the applicant did, but he/she didn't find any job, so he/she need to wait in US (or Can it be your home country?), for more 5-12 months?
So the applicant need to wait until your CIC is issued, and just then he/she can move to Alberta without a job?

Did I understand it right?

Thanks,
Akk

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi Akk
Once your PNP is approved and regardless of you having a job offer or not, you can apply either in your home country or your country of residence (USA, Canada). if you want to aply in USA, Canada you need to meet the criteria of 1 year of residence.

Job offer is just in the case you want to go and work in Alberta before you get PR. Personally I do prefer to do the latter option and since Alberta is craving for skill workers you should have no problem finding a job once your PNP is approved... at least that is what I am hopping for :))

akk said:

With just the Alberta Provincial Nomination the applicant cannot move and work in Alberta...

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Thanks for your answer...

When is the medical thing needed?
Because if it is when you apply for Permanent Residence (CIC), you cannot apply it from your home country (Since the medical thing is done in US, with doctors that are on some list that we receive, right?)

I was hoping to have the pre-assessment (applied on Set 5th) and PNP approved while I am in US (actually I think the applicant must be here).
But since I am tired of US, I was planning to go to Alberta after get the PNP (but now I discovered that I need a job offer, and I don't know how easy and how fast I can get that, and don't know how long it takes to get the temporally work permit from the office), or to go to my home country and apply for PR (CIC) from there (how long do you think PR takes?).

Am I doing it right? Is it possible?

Thanks,
Akk

ingegarcia said:
Hi Akk
Once your PNP is approved and regardless of you having a job offer or not, you can apply either in your home country or your country of residence (USA, Canada). if you want to aply in USA, Canada you need to meet the criteria of 1 year of residence.

Job offer is just in the case you want to go and work in Alberta before you get PR. Personally I do prefer to do the latter option and since Alberta is craving for skill workers you should have no problem finding a job once your PNP is approved... at least that is what I am hopping for :))

akk said:

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Hi all,
I've been reading the PNP posts on this forum for a while, but only registered today. Really good information.
Congratulations maldito!
I also submitted the main PNP application and I got a confirmation with employee file no. saying my applications was received on August 26th. Keep praying and hoping for the best.
Based on maldito's time-line I should be getting the pnp approval at the end of October, hopefully before.

Just a quick question maldito: my no. is 7XXX:XX:0130, do you mind telling me what your last four numbers are?, I wonder if it has any bearing on how far they've gone with the processing.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi WalkingFunny
What is the Stream of your PNP?
1. Employer Driven Stream
2 Strategic Recruitment Stream for H1B Holders

Reading your comments it seems to be that you under #1 above... if so then the timelines might be a little different because for H1B holders we do not need a job offer to apply under this program

BTW my PNP is under the H1B program and my documents were received in Aug 22, my no. is 7XXX:XX:0128
Very interesting I applied just days before and the numbers have a diff of 2.... :))

WalkingFunny said:
Hi all,
I've been reading the PNP posts on this forum for a while, but only registered today. Really good information.
Congratulations maldito!
I also submitted the main PNP application and I got a confirmation with employee file no. saying my applications was received on August 26th. Keep praying and hoping for the best.
Based on maldito's time-line I should be getting the pnp approval at the end of October, hopefully before.

Just a quick question maldito: my no. is 7XXX:XX:0130, do you mind telling me what your last four numbers are?, I wonder if it has any bearing on how far they've gone with the processing.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Now after reading about different employee file numbers (starting from maldito) it makes sense. I think the last four digits signify the order of applications received. For example, maldito had 00xx that is less than 100. I applied on August 11th and it is 0092. And now they are in 3 digits.

Good luck to everyone.

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Hi WalkingFunny
What is the Stream of your PNP?
1. Employer Driven Stream
2 Strategic Recruitment Stream for H1B Holders

Reading your comments it seems to be that you under #1 above... if so then the timelines might be a little different because for H1B holders we do not need a job offer to apply under this program

BTW my PNP is under the H1B program and my documents were received in Aug 22, my no. is 7XXX:XX:0128
Very interesting I applied just days before and the numbers have a diff of 2.... :))

WalkingFunny said:
Hi all,
Congratulations maldito!

Hi ingegarcia,
I'm actually under no.2 i.e. the Strategic Recruitment Stream for H1B.
Yes, the numbers seem to reflect the submission dates 0128 for yours on August 22nd, and 0130 for mine on August 26th. That seems like an acknowledgment rate of 1 every 2 days :) not very fast .... It'll be interesting to know what maldito's last 4 no.s are

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Thanks to everyone in this forum to keep on sharing the information about this program.....

I enquired over phone on August 13th

I enquired further in this forum on August 15th,

Though wasted 1 month, the information from all the members in this forum helps me to decide and finally
Send Pre-Assesment Application and required documents thr email - Sept 27th..

Lets hope for the best...

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I applied on 9/4 for AIPNP but haven't received my file number. I read through previous posts and it seems that it takes about 2 weeks to get the file number.
I wonder why I haven't received mine. Is it that they are flooded with applications?
Can anyone tell how did they receive the file number, email or post?

Thanks,
Taps

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
I am not sure if you are talking about pre-assessment or PNP application. Pre-assessment takes more than a month and PNP takes about 15 days to get File number.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
dnataraj and walkingfunny,

You are right. they are slow. My number is xxxx-08-0142 and i also submitted the second stage in August. I expect PnP certificate in November but if i have done FSW medical by then, i wouldn't withdraw FSW.

olusolalekan