+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
maildito,

when did you submit the second step of the Alberta PNP. I mean after you got pre-approved, when did you submit the main PNP application? When do you intend to file with CIC? Do you have an FSW with CIC pending? If so, do you intend to withdraw FSW for PNP?

Good luck.

olusolalekan

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Thanks for helping about the spouse question.

Maldito,

Can you already move and work with the Alberta Provincial Nomination you got? Or you need the CIC?
Did it really take 70 days since the beggining? Which code did you put?

Thanks,

Akk

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Another question...

The PCC is needed for the second phase, right? I mean, after you get approval for the pre assessment..
Do they ask for a criminal check in US or in your home country or both?
I was planning to get the PCC in advance, but somebody said that it has a validation....for how long is it valid?
I applied for the pre assessment a month ago, I am still waiting...Is it to early to start thinking about the documents for the second phase, and in this case the PCC?

Thanks,

Akk

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
hi akk,

From what I read somewhere in the instructions that the PCC should have been issued within 3 months of submission to cic. I am also planning to do the same but will hold it maybe a few weeks before the nomination. Maybe somebody else can enlighten us regarding this.

kirang

Jul 31, 2008
Maldito,

Congratulations. Alberta confirmed the receipt of my AINP application on August 26, 2008 with a file number. I am also a civil engineer and just want to know if you about the civil engineering job market in Alberta. Did you do any research on that. Any information would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Kirang.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Check this out
http://workingincanada.gc.ca/welcome.do?template=cic&lang=en

CIC published a working tool.. it gives you a good idea about employment conditions for a specific occupation anywhere in Canada including Alberta

kirang said:
Maldito,

Congratulations. Alberta confirmed the receipt of my AINP application on August 26, 2008 with a file number. I am also a civil engineer and just want to know if you about the civil engineering job market in Alberta. Did you do any research on that. Any information would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Kirang.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Very interesting information I found on the news about Alberta H1B program

"......Alberta Employment and Immigration spokeswoman Sorcha McGinnis said of 650 applications they have already received, 65 people have submitted full applications and eight people have already received nominations..."

I guess maldito is one of the 8 lucky ones being nominated using H1B stream :))

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=514874d3-c24e-47eb-b2e3-2dc8a396f0cc

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Very interesting information I found on the news about Alberta H1B program

"......Alberta Employment and Immigration spokeswoman Sorcha McGinnis said of 650 applications they have already received, 65 people have submitted full applications and eight people have already received nominations..."

I guess maldito is one of the 8 lucky ones being nominated using H1B stream :))

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=514874d3-c24e-47eb-b2e3-2dc8a396f0cc
ingegarcia,
I think you kirang and me are one of those 65. Good luck!!

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
hey you know what, alberta should give atleast some money to outsloken, inengercia and dnatraj for promoting this scheme instead of spending it in ad campaign, you guys did a great job !!!!! & thanks for keep all of us for providing information on timely basis

I was missing all of you since last week or two, good to see you back in momentum !!!!!!!

hope from next week onwards we will hear more approvals !!!!!!

guys, keep in touch after moving to alberta !!!!! wish you best of luck!!!!

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Hello All,
I know some of you in this forum already got the file number for the AINP application. Could you tell me how long does it take to get the AINP file number after mailing all the requested documents? My application mailed on Sep 5th.
I really appreciate sharing of your information

Thanks
Chow

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
It takes about 2 months for pre-assessment and 70 days for PNP approval (from maldito example).
This is rough estimate and +/- 10 days. BTW all this is number of working days (if you include weekends and holidays its slightly more).

Good luck!!

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Thanks nataraj for your information. When did you receive your pre-assessment invitation package?
Thanks
Chow

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Hi All!

Ingegarcia, Dnataraj, have you guys received your file numbers? was it also through email as the others have written in this thread?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi strawberry1009
I did receive my file numbers 2 weeks after AINP docs were received... and as dnataraj the nomination takes around 70 days... so I will be hearing from them in October/November...

toledoresident, ALL
Yes we definitely need to keep in touch once we get to Alberta... we will need it for several reason :)) jobs, housing, etc...