+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi Nata/Olusolalekan/ingegarcia,

Have a question. Received mail from Gingie that I will be receiving package from them for applying for AINP. Should I wait for package and then apply for FSW or just apply for FSW now itself and then inform the Buffalo office about the PNP ? What you guys advice ?

One more question is if I submit the FSW now, do I need to get the Police Clearance certificate, FBI finger print clearance once again to submit for AINP ?

which option is best.

Thanks

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
newceo

This is what I did.

I applied for FSW in July 1st week. That time I had just applied for PNP assessment and was not sure of the outcome. My PNP package came in the end of July and on August 15th I applied for PNP. I will wait for PNP and once I get it I will withdraw my FSW and apply through PNP. That way I will be sure of one application with CIC. Also I will get back my application fee. Because now FSW applications are on hold and I don't know how long it takes. The Canadian immigration site says that sometime in early fall visa offices will get ministers instructions and they will start processing. But again I am skeptical as there are elections in Canada in October.

Best thing is to
1. apply for FSW and
2. when PNP comes (which takes about 3 months I guess)
a. Withdraw FSW if you have not gotten AOR and apply through PNP
b. If you have AOR you can call/write to CIC office and they will change it to PNP
3. About police certificates I will not bother now. CIC will contact when they need them or after AOR we can start getting them. Because police records have an expiry period (I am not sure how long)

Good Luck

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
I believe some of you might be in IT field. Are you guys actively searching for job in Canada ? When I looked into couple of sites they are asking whether I have work permit. Do you guys know how one can get the work permit like through consultants in US ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need a job offer before you can get a work permit. The only thing a consultant can do for you is to hook you up with an employer.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
newceo

As it has been explained, FSW and PNP are totally different type of application. ALL application, regardless of type must go through Canadian Federel Government Immigration office called CIC. A PNP application is just an application to a Province to nominate you. The reason i am trying to re-explain this is because if you read your question, you are still thinking that after you get the AINP (a type of PNP) that you still have to apply to FSW to complete the process. You have to apply to CIC after you get nominated but that application to the CIC after you get a PNP nomination cettificate is not called FSW. It is still called PNP (second stage so to say).

An FSW is independent of PNP. The best strategy is to apply for both AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If you get PNP certificate before you get to the medical stage of the FSW, then it makes sense to withdraw FSW application (you can not have two applications at the same time with CIC) and apply to CIC for PNP (second stage of PNP). PNP at CIC takes 3-4 months while Medical to final step under FSW may take 4-6 months.

If all you already got medical/IA under FSW before PNP certificate, then it does not make sense to withdraw FSW. The stress time and effort is not worth the extra 1-2 months that will be saved.

olusolalekan

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks olusolalekan. Now I understand the whole process. You guys are expert in this subject.

Now I got PCC and FBI clearnace certificates. Do I need to get the same when we apply for PNP (if I get the PNP nomination) ?

Now I am just collecting all the documents that needs to be submitted. Because what I heard was, you need to submit all the documents for FSW to Buffalo, otherwise it will be returned as incomplete.

Thanks for the clarification.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Hi folks,
I m almost ready to send PNP- Alberta (AINP) application. Following r the list of document, I am sending.
1.) PNP application form
H1 B approval
Recent pay stub
Driver license
Education degree –Credentials
Employer experience letter
OPT card – I started working on OPT while H1B was in process so the experience should count from the date I started work in US
Copy of passport information page
Copy of CV (Resume)
Please make suggestion if any other documents are needed so.

2.) Also I am wondering where I should mention the NOC list code in the application. There is no specific column in the application. Please advice!

3.) Last, not least I am planning to send via email because one of my friends sent through email, and he got receiving acknowledgement next day.
Which method do you guys prefer? Email, fax or Mail (UPS or FedEx)

4.) Does anyone of you have got the approval for pre-assessment application and moved the case to next level to CIC?
Any idea how long does it take to process for pre- assessment and/or approval from CIC to get PR?

Sorry for the details question but I’m sure the answer will help many other candidates like me.
Thanks indeed!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
newceo ,

If you applied for FSW and PNP(stage 1), you would have sent PCC and FBI with your FSW(to cic) but not with PNP application (to the province). When and if you receive PNP certificate while still waiting for FSW IA/Medical, then send in your PNP (stage 2) application and ask for the FSW application to be withdrawn. All supporting document you used, that are not yet expired, will be transferred onto your new application (PNP stage 2). Therefore, you need not send another set of PCC and FBI with your PNP(stage 2) application if your supporting document used for your FSW is still valid.

Olusolalekan

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
findude32 ,

1. There is no need to send OPT information. Remember they are not US Immigration expert and you do not want to create any confussion. It is always better to be efficient and not bombard immigration officer with redundant info. Your work experience letter will show how long you have worked with the company.

2. The pre-assessment form contains question about your skills/job experience. "Is your skill/job listed under occupation under pressure in Alberta", I answered "YES" and put the NOC beside my answer. Also I included the information about my NOC in the cover letter and the job description letter.

3. you may apply by e-mail. Gingie responds real fast to e-mail. If we are talking about pre-assessment.

4. pre-assessment takes 1 month and main application takes 2-3 months. At the cic stage, it takes 4-6 months. So total is 7-10 months from pre-assessment to PR.

olusolalekan

newImmUser007

Sep 2, 2008
hello everybody,

I sent the one page application by email and within a few days they asked me for more documents(H1B, Passport, Diploma,Paystub,Job Desc and how it relates to Alberta's Occupation under pressure list(and the NOC code), I scanned everything in and sent it to Gingie by email.

I received a response from Gingie a few days ago.

Now, what should I be expecting from the next stage. what kinda documents would they be asking for?. I already have the Police clearance certificates from my home country and the FBI. should i wait for them ask for the Medical Certificates. How abt the school transcripts?should they be originals or can they be notarized copies?

pls do let me know.

thank you.

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi all,

Have one question. when you guys sent the documents for FSW, have you guys sent the experience letter notorized ? or you guys sent just the photo copy of the experience letters ?

Thanks

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hey guys,

How are you all doing? Did you guys started your FBI certificate already? I saw it in the website that it takes 16-18 weeks to be issued. Can we start this process or do we need a letter from cic first before we start? Thank you.

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Actually I have done with my FBI finger print clearance certificate. It won't take 16-18 weeks. It took less than 3 weeks for me. I am in the process of collecting all documents and will be applying for CIC next week.