+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hey guys,

When you mailed your application to Alberta using Fedex, did you attached the "Green Adhesive Label" on the Fedex Envelope or did you put another envelope inside with the "Green Label" attached?

Aug 19, 2008
dnataraj said:
ingegarcia said:
For my wife's form I did....
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S NAME = me
MY SPOUSE'S NAME = her name
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S MOTHER = her mother
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S FATHER = her father
and also her siblings...

BTW I sent form yesterday and it'll be arriving in alberta on Thursday...
Ingegarcia & olusolalekan

Did you guys get a confirmation and/or file number etc from PNP office. I did not hear anything yet. From FedEx tracking I found my packet reached them on 13th August, Wednesday at 12:17pm
Hi dnataraj,

I have sent my docs(passport, visa copy, degree certificates etc) for pre-asssessment and waiting for approval.

In the meanwhile can you tell me what kind of package you received after approval of pre-assessment. I just need to know what all documentation is required once we get package. I just to be ready with all documentation by the time package arrives so that I can send it completed ASAP. Also are the forms and instructions in package available over web in .pdf format. if yes , then can you please provide me link .

thanks a ton in advance...

-DZ

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I did attach it on the UPS envelope

bb0310 said:
Hey guys,

When you mailed your application to Alberta using Fedex, did you attached the "Green Adhesive Label" on the Fedex Envelope or did you put another envelope inside with the "Green Label" attached?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I would add proof of qualifications for H1B (education, degree, etc) and Proof of your current employment (and job description) and how it applies to the Regional Occupations Under Pressure List in Alberta (NOC) number...
In any case alberta is always responsive and polite so you can contact them directly with any questions...

findude32 said:
Hi ingegarcia,
I m interested in applying for AINP formely called PNP. Does a person need to have job offer in hand?
I have a valid H1 visa and I have been working in usa for about a year.
Do I qualify to apply this program.
Please provide your input as I will greatly appreciate.
And also did you apply online or regular mail or fax it.
It would be nice if you paste a link or direct me the address where I need to submit all the docments as mentioned. The list of documents are as under:
I 797
Employer experience letter mentioning education, duties performed and period of employment.
pay stub.
Please tell me if any other document is required to submit
Thank you.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Basically the documents are the same... grades, transcripts, certified translations, H1B visa, employment letters, copy of CIC forms.... etc... the PNP forms are not available on the internet.... if you already have the documents above then you can start filling up the CIC forms available on the internet... this are really painfull to fill up... at least for me they were

sandeepalberta said:
I have sent my docs(passport, visa copy, degree certificates etc) for pre-asssessment and waiting for approval.
In the meanwhile can you tell me what kind of package you received after approval of pre-assessment. I just need to know what all documentation is required once we get package. I just to be ready with all documentation by the time package arrives so that I can send it completed ASAP. Also are the forms and instructions in package available over web in .pdf format. if yes , then can you please provide me link .

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Guys,

I sent my application on August 11th (FedEx) and Alberta PNP office received it on 13th.
Today I got confirmation from PNP office that they received it on 13th.

And the mail says it will take 40 to 60 Working days for a decision.

Just wondering 40/60 days from 13th or from today!!

Good luck to everyone!

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Seems to be that they took 2 weeks to acknwledge receipt of the PNP application. I am just going to complete one week anyway... long way to go!!

BTW I think it counts from the moment they receive the application so it means that they'll take between 2,3 months to make any decision.

good luck!!

dnataraj said:
Guys,

I sent my application on August 11th (FedEx) and Alberta PNP office received it on 13th.
Today I got confirmation from PNP office that they received it on 13th.

And the mail says it will take 40 to 60 Working days for a decision.

Just wondering 40/60 days from 13th or from today!!

Good luck to everyone!

lolly123

Aug 29, 2008
Hi All,

This is my case.

I am in US, H1B, working for 5 years, Engineering Manager in high tech industry. I have applied for my 485, and waiting for US GC. However, my husband is not include din my 485, and is stuck in India for H1B administrative processing, and since this has no timeline and can take more than 18 months to get cleared, we thought that we will get the Canadian PR process started, so he could come here sooner and I cld visit him more often

I have 2 options (as by my lawyer)

(1) Federal (12-15 months)
(2) Alberta PNP (processing time - 8 months)

I do not have any job offer, but lawyer said I qualify for Alberta PNP through the Strategic Recruitment Stream (H1B + 5 YEARS + Engineering manager in High tech field).

We have few friends in Vancouver, and want to move to Vancouver if we decide to move to Canada.

AINP is faster than Federal, so better, but my question is, should I have to stay in Alberta Province only?

Our plan is this, file for Canadian PR through me, get my husband close to US, so I cld visit him often. He has an MBA degree from US, so he could look for jobs in Vancouver area.

Can I move to Vancouver, although I file in Alberta PNP? Is it legal? Will they take away my PNP? has anyone done this? Where should my landing be done?

So just for faster processing time, can I go through AINP, but move to Vancouver? or get jobs in Vancouver after we move?

Please advice

Thanks
Lolly

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
lolly123,

Alberta expects you to live and work in Alberta if you used the AINP. There is no law saying you can't move but I am not sure of the consequence. I chose Alberta AINP because i don't mind living in Calgary and work in the energy industry.

If the difference, as you mentioned, is between 8 months for AINP and 12 months for FSW, I would apply for both independently, which is what I did. Most people get to medical stage after 6-8 months in the FSW queue. If you get the PNP certificate, which will take 4-5 months, and you are yet to reach medical after 6 months in FSW queue, then you may withdraw the FSW application and do PNP.

If I were in your situation, I would wait the extra 4 months difference in order to be free to live wherever i want in Canada.

olusolalekan

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
There is a posting in another forum where downloadzombie writes "Also Gingie told me after getting PR I am free to live and work anywhere in Canada. There is no limitation that I have to live and work in Alberta(though we intend to do so at time of application).

Only there was a remark that we need to cmplete landing process in Alberta. Additonally Gingie told that Alberta's economy is stongest in Canada and hence possibility of jobs in more there."

Seems to be that it is not required to stay in Alberta... However if I where you I would ask Alberta directly just to make sure.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18825&highlight=alberta+land&page=7

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is a federal PR and as such it's valid in every province in Canada. However, if you ever lie to immigration, they can take your PR away. If AB decides that too many people are lying about planning to live in AB, do you want to be the first person they go after? Play it safe and at least stay in AB for a couple of months after landing and show some attempt of looking for a job.