+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Newco,

If i were you, I would continue with FSW, which will become faster anyways. I can predict that other canadian Provinces will do something similar to the Alberta H1B style and they will broaden the scope and eligibility may cover other types of visa categories. Good luck

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
I have a question regarding addresses: My work requires me to move around the US where the client is, but I am maintaining an address for the company for my pay stub. The address is with a relative; let’s say STATE A and I go there while I’m waiting for a project. Here goes, I got my first driver’s license from STATE B where I worked and replaced it with STATE C when I moved to another client from a different state.

Is it safe to say that my permanent address here in the US is STATE A? Since I move a lot.

Do you think they will question why I have driver’s license in STATE B and C when I live in STATE A.

Please feel free to give your opinions; some might have the same situation.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
In the PNP form there is a field for current address and another one for mailing address.. I think this will work out for you
Mailing address will be STATE A and current address will be STATE C or D...etc... In any case for any address changed you'll need to contact the immigration officer working on your case.

I hope this helps

bb0310 said:
I have a question regarding addresses: My work requires me to move around the US where the client is, but I am maintaining an address for the company for my pay stub. The address is with a relative; let's say STATE A and I go there while I'm waiting for a project. Here goes, I got my first driver's license from STATE B where I worked and replaced it with STATE C when I moved to another client from a different state.

Is it safe to say that my permanent address here in the US is STATE A? Since I move a lot.

Do you think they will question why I have driver's license in STATE B and C when I live in STATE A.

Please feel free to give your opinions; some might have the same situation.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Thank you for the response ingegarcia. But what I am trying to say is about the addresses where I lived in the past 10 years. Do you think I should use the addresses where I stayed during projects where I have driver's license (STATE B, C) or the address that I gave on file for the the W2 (STATE A)?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
i would stick with state A. There is no rule that says you can not have state b c and z's drivers licence. I am was in similar situation and it was not an issue in my application. State A is your permanent address and you have not lived in state B and c permenently but temp. If you lived there more than 6 months and feel like mentioning that, good.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes, it makes sense.. sorry for the misunderstanding :)

bb0310 said:
I guess that makes sense. It's hard to be a temporary worker, whewwww!

Thanks alot!

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Questions for you guys who already filed PNP... regarding the copy of the CIC form that we need to attach to the PNP application... Do we need to provide the copy with photos?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
ingegarcia said:
Questions for you guys who already filed PNP... regarding the copy of the CIC form that we need to attach to the PNP application... Do we need to provide the copy with photos?
NO We dont require photos at least for BC,What we want is your data not you picture

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
olusolalekan said:
Newco,

If i were you, I would continue with FSW, which will become faster anyways. I can predict that other canadian Provinces will do something similar to the Alberta H1B style and they will broaden the scope and eligibility may cover other types of visa categories. Good luck
Funny You should mention that,We are having a meeting next week precisely to tackle this,I think you know BC,AB and SKS all compete for workers.SKS PNP even does not require a job offer now as long as you have funds to support yourself for a few months as long as you fit into the categories.We are opening up more categories though in our PNP not currently covered

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
BCguy said:
ingegarcia said:
NO We dont require photos at least for BC,What we want is your data not you picture
I called PNP office before submitting my application and they specifically said, they do not need photo on CIC forms.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Guys,

I have a question regarding Form IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information).

On the AINP Instructions, it is required for the spouce to complete Form IMM 0008 (Schedule 1) and Form IMM 5406.

On IMM 5406 Section A: (For Prinicipal Applicant)
Applicant: PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S NAME
Spouse: MY SPOUSE'S NAME
Mother: PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S MOTHER
Father: PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S FATHER

This is straight forward, but how about for my Spouse?
Applicant: PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S NAME OR MY SPOUSE'S NAME
Spouse: MY SPOUSE'S NAME OR PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S NAME

I am just confused on my Spouse's form who to put as an applicant? Is it going to be me and on the mother/father/brother/sister it will be my spouse's? Or do I just leave the APPLICANT'S name N/A since this form is for my SPOUSE.

What did you guys do on this form? Thank you.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
For my wife's form I did....
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S NAME = me
MY SPOUSE'S NAME = her name
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S MOTHER = her mother
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S FATHER = her father
and also her siblings...

BTW I sent form yesterday and it'll be arriving in alberta on Thursday...

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
bb0310

For my wife's form I did....
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S NAME = her name
MY SPOUSE'S NAME = me
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S MOTHER = her mother
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT'S FATHER = her father
and also her siblings...

Ingegarcia, I think you interchanged 1 and d 2. I followed what my lawyer had done for my FSW

I sent my application on Tuesday by FedEx and it reached them (FedEx track) on 13th Wednesday at 12:17 pm

No confirmation from PNP yet!!