+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Congrats toledoresident and kirang!!

FYI

I wrote to PNP to check about certified copies of our degrees. This is the reply I got.

A photocopy will suffice, as we did not request a certified copy. However, we have added that requirement to the instructions and will require certified copies from future applicants.

That mean we can just send photocopies. But if you can get them notarized it will be great and its easy.

I will submit my PNP application next week. Hope we three are applying at same time. Lets watch and share our progress.

Good luck to all

maldito

Aug 2, 2008
olusolalekan said:
maildito,

But you mentioned that your pre-assessment was approved in July?
ok, here's the flow of my application:

May 29, 2008 - I called Alberta Hotline to inquire about H1B Strategic Recruitment Stream. They instructed me to submit the 1-page form.
May 31- I faxed the 1-page form
June 2 - I received an email from the program officer, saying that I might be eligible to qualify for the program. She asked for copies of my documents (passport, H1B visa, proof of current employment, job description, etc.)
June 3 - I emailed my documents to the program officer.
June 5 - I received an acknowlegment of receipt from the program officer. She said that she will personally deliver my documents to PNP office for assessment
June 25 - I received an email from an immigration officer, requesting me for additional documents that will prove that I am indeed a civil engineer
June 26 - I emailed the letter that was sent by my current employer to USCIS for my visa petition. I also included my official business card.
June 27 - I called the immigration to ask if she received my emailed documents. She said yes and told me that they've sent/mailed the invitation package to me already (whew, that was fast!).
July 5 - I received the invitation package (invitation to apply for provincial nominee).
July 8 - I mailed the accomplished application forms together with all documents that they have requested.
July 31 - I received an email from Alberta PNP, confirming their receipt of my application on July 10, 2008. They also issued me an employee file no.

so now, i am waiting for their decision to my provincial nominee application...

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
hI

im on h1 status from past 4 yrs.I had couple of transfer during this time.My previous h1 got approved with i 94 valid till 2010(my current visa in passport expired).
The present h1 petion is still in pending stage.With this situation can i apply for alberta immigration ?

Thanks

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
satyac said:
hI

im on h1 status from past 4 yrs.I had couple of transfer during this time.My previous h1 got approved with i 94 valid till 2010.
The present h1 petion is still in pending stage.With this situation can i apply for alberta immigration ?

Thanks
As long as your status is current you can apply. Only thing is you have to get a letter from your current employer at time of your application. And of course you need not tell your employer, the purpose of the letter. It can be just "to whom it may concern" type letter. PNP office wants to know that your H1B status is current. Afterwords if you change employment it should be fine. You have to just inform them.

Hope this helps.

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
HI dnataraj

Thanks for reply

So can i apply with my previous employers approved I 797 and present employer's h1 receipt(the reciept that gets issused when employer files for h1) which is in pending status and letter from present employer ?

Thanks

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Yes. Make sure you include a copy of your h1 receipt and letter from present employer. In fact I was in a same situation last year when I applied for a Canadian visa and they accepted this and gave me 1 year visitor visa.
Good Luck!!

kirang

Jul 31, 2008
Hello Guys,

I sent my FSW application on March 7, 2008 and received the confirmation from FedEx on March 10, 2008. I just received my AOR from CIC but it was dated July 29, 2008. It’s very frustrating, is this normal? Please give me your comments. Thanks.
Kirang.

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi,

I am new to this forum. Right now I am on L1B visa working here for close to 3 years. Will this AINP still applicable for me ? One of the lawyer said it is still applicable. Is it better to go through the lawyer or just apply for that and wait for the result ?
Need to apply for L1B extension this Oct. don't what it is going to happen. Is it good to apply for FSW now itself ? Please advise which option would be better.

Thanks.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
I am not sure about eligibility of L1B visa for this category. Even though your lawyer says so, I would call the PNP office at Foreign Worker Hotline # 1-780-427-6419 (if you are in US) or from within Alberta(if you are in Canada) 1-877-427-6419. They give all the information you need.

FSW you can apply anytime, but for time being processing applications is on hold.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Congratulation!!.

I think we will apply on same date. I will do it on Tuesday (after getting a letter from my employer). We can track our progress together!!

Good Luck!!

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Do u know why they stopped processing applications ? Will check with PNP tomorrow abot L1B. Actually I worked on H1B before. Do they consider this ?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
They are prioritizing FSW categories. They will (probably) start processing from End of this month. If you have had H1B earlier, I think it will work. But better call them and clear it out
Good luck!

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Got a negative response from the Albert office on L1B visa holders eligibility for this program. is it still good to apply and wait for the results ? Will it have any negative effect later if the response is negative ? May be they don't know much about L1B I guess.
Only option I have is just apply through FSW category I guess.