+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Maildito,

technically, pre-assessment approval does not guarantee PNP approval. Otherwise, there will not be the PNP application in the first place.

I wouldn't sweat the file number too.... go to www.trackitt.com to see and talk to people that passed the PNP process. Most of us here are still in the process.

I have a feeling you will get the PNP certificate before the end of the 3rd week of this month (august)

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Tolderesident,

My pre-assessment was submitted on July 14th. I gave it to Gingie in person at Philadelphia event sponsored by Alberta Immigration. They asked for the additional info (passport, visa, job description, certificates and payslip) and I faxed those on July 22nd. I expect them to get back to me by end of August and I intend to apply for the PNP immediately after that. So I may be lucky to have my PNP by the end of October. My FSW IA should come about the same time. I will then ask for my CAIP notes to see if it makes sense to continue with PNP or just continue with IA.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
dnataraj , ingegarcia,

My FSW AOR was May 8th. Will it make sense to drop out of PNP if FSW IA and PNP certificate comes at the same time?

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
thanks olu and nat ( i hope you like your nicknames)

olu,

why do you want to skip PNP and go for fsw ?

is there any condition to stay & work in alberta for life time if you apply for pnp?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Regarding FSW and PNP. I would keep both in process. once I get PNP we can inform Buffalo office to change our FSW to PNP. Apparently they are good at it seems. But if I were one of those who opted for a province other than Alberta, I will withdraw my FSW after getting PNP. Again I will talk to my lawyer with all these questions and post his comments.

When we apply for PNP we need to send the copy of our degree. Can someone tell me if it is only the photocopy of the certificate? or it should be from the university in sealed envelop? Also I have no transcripts (I mean marks card) for my degree.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
toledoresident,

I didn't say I would skip PNP. What I wanted to say was that I would forget PNP if my FSW process is at IA/Medical when I get the PNP certificate. In that case, it may not be worth it to withdraw FSW for a new application under PNP. You get what I mean? I have an AOR date for May 8 and my set/batch is up for IA and Medical in October. If I get PNP certificate about the same time I get medical done under FSW, then there is no point switching.

What do you guys think?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Alberta requires you to put in effort to live and work in Alberta. When you get Canada citizenship you may live and work wherever you want. An Alberta immigration officer even told me that they would force you to live in Alberta because you will love it....else you are free to go wherever you want. This is different if you sign a bond/agreement to live there for some years like manitoba does.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Living in AB myself, I can vouch for that it's not at all bad. Some people I know online who live in Toronto or Vancouver think it's redneckville out here but it's not. So it's not the metropolis of the world or anything but the people are friendly and no problems getting a job. The summers are nice and even though the winters are cold, it's a dry cold so it doesn't feel so bad.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
This seems to be a difficult decision, I see that alberta process fast track your CIC but if your process is in final steps it might not make sense, however It would be worth to ask Alberta/CIC about it.

BTW I am not very familiar with CIC process since I have not applied for it yet, I'll start educating myself about the whole canadian immigration system and apply from my home country. My H1B extension might not be approved due to I do not fall in the criteria H1b+Green Card process. I know applying from home country might need to wait a little longer (about 1 year), however due to the changes to Immigration and Refugee Protection Act I am expecting the process to be a faster.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/irpa.asp

olusolalekan said:
dnataraj , ingegarcia,

My FSW AOR was May 8th. Will it make sense to drop out of PNP if FSW IA and PNP certificate comes at the same time?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
maldito said:
Hello, everyone!

I've applied on this program and right now, I am already waiting for my Alberta Provincial Nomination.

I submitted the 1-page application form (via fax) on May 31 and then asked me to send additional documents, like copies of my passport, h1b visa, work description, etc.

Luckily, I passed the pre-assessment and received the letter of invitation to apply (the brown packet) last July 5. Oh btw, I'm a civil engineer.

I've mailed my application to Alberta on July 8 and just last July 31, I received an email from Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program confirming their receipt of my application on July 10, 2008. They've given me an employee file number also - 7XXX-08-00XX. The decision on my application, according to them, will be made in approximately 40-60 days.

Question guys:

Can you help me interpret my employee file no.? i don't know what 7XXX stands for. Am I the 7,XXXth Alberta applicant for this year 2008? Or this no. refers to applicants in Canada in general? The last 4 digits is somewhat intriguing, too. I don't know what it means.

Also, given that I already passed the pre-assessment, is it a guarantee that I will be given provincial nomination?

Is there anyone you know who already got his/her provincial nomination from this stream?

Thanks a lot!
Hi maldito,

As you have already applied for Alberta PNP, I have one question. One of the documents they need is the Degree certificate. Is it enough to submit photocopy or it should be University certified copy or a notarized copy?

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
dnataraj, thanks! It would be best to go about it that way.

dnataraj said:
strawberry1009,
If I were you I would fill a new application and send it to Alberta PNP. Once I get PNP I will withdraw my FSW (And thereby get back my $1100 too) as it takes 3 years. Then file with PNP and in 5 months & I have my PR. I assume you are in the US now.

Guys, I am not an expert but this is how I think aloud.

And, toledoresident,
my dates: PNP I will submit in a weeks time(self). FSW I submitted on July 4th through an attorney.

I think if we discuss like this on this forum we will become experts on Canada immigration and when we land, all of us can join and start a firm dealing immigration matters. Just thinking after couple of beers. LOL

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Hi dnataraj,

For the job description they are asking to submit for PN, what is the format of that. It has to be from current employer right? Does it have to be like a certificate of employment where it mentions your startdate,position in the company, then it enumerates your tasks for that position? or can it be the job description that your employer submitted with the petition for you H1B visa.

For the dependents, it is just the passport and us visa?

thanks for this...just managing expectations.

kirang

Jul 31, 2008
Hi Maldito and All,

I am also a civil engineer working is US on H1B visa. I applied for pre-assessment on July 4, 2008, and waiting for the invitation from the Alberta government. For job description, I submitted a cover letter with job duties. To back it up, I also sent the job description that my current employer sent to USCIS when the company filed my H1B petition. Is that good enough, please advise me on this? Did they contact your current employer before Alberta approved your pre-assessment? I am worried because my company is in the process of applying for labor for my greencard. I may be in trouble if they come to know about my Canadian PR process.
Thanks a lot.

Kirang.

maldito

Aug 2, 2008
@ dnataraj:
I only submitted photocopies of all my documents, including my degree certificate. It was written on the APPLICATION FOR PROVINCIAL NOMINATION SRS H1B-004 CATEGORY INSTRUCTIONS (included in the invitation that they sent me) that the applicant must submit "a copy of any degree, diploma, certificate or other documents regarding your education and training." They did not say anything about it when they received my documents so I assume that these copies will do. Although I have my original copies ready just in case they ask.

@ kirang:
Yes, I believe that what you have submitted is enough (I've also submitted my actual job duties and the job description that my employer submitted to USCIS for my H1B visa petition). And thankfully, they did not contact my employer (which was also my problem before since my current employer expects me to stay with them for a very long time).

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Maldito,

For the pre-assessment I also used the job description my employer submitted to USCIS for the H1B petition. But for the nomination certificate application to PNP alberta, what did you submit as job decription? same document?