+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Congratulation!! Ingegarcia. You will get a brown packet early next week :)

All the rest will get your PNP soon!!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
dnataraj,

so you already selected Alberta as your destination in your FSW application? Lucky you.

I picked Ontario. I would have to fill the CIC forms again and will hope the PNP comes before FSW Medical. Otherwise, I will just forget about PNP. There is a risk of mixing up answers to the questions on the new CIC forms. If I have to withdraw old FSW for the new PNP (with a certificate) there is that risk of mixing up answers.....just me being paranoid.

I may get medical request with IA in my FSW. If IA comes in 2 months (October) with medical, then does it make sense to ignore PNP and just plan for 6 months after medical to get the PR? Then I will be free to chose any province. I feel sad for picking Ontario before knowing about Alberta's H1B.

chaudri786

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Congratulations Ingegarcia, looks like their system is up and running. We all should expect answers in some days. Good luck to everyone

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
chaudri786 said:
Congratulations Ingegarcia, looks like their system is up and running. We all should expect answers in some days. Good luck to everyone
That is correct!!... However as dnataraj suggested for older cases it is better to call hotline to check on status....

kirang

Jul 31, 2008
when we applied for FSW program none of us knew about Alberta PNP SRS program. This is fairly new process and naturally most of us chose to live in Ontrorio, British Columbia or Quebec. So I think we should be fine.

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Congartulations dnataraj! Does it say in your packet how long it would take before you get the nomination certificate? In the pre-assessment email they said 90 days. just wanted to check if there is any change on this.

Also, it looks like some receive email prior to getting the packet while some dont, right? I dont recall dnataraj received an email but ingegarcia got an email.

Ingegarcia, that is great news...you applied under noc 2171 right? that means we are still in business!!! ;))

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
strawberry1009

yes some get email some don't. I think if you keep calling them they will send the mail. But now the process seems up and running. so don't worry, you will get it!!

olusolalekan, yes I was just lucky as I had opted for Alberta. But you don't have to worry as you have to fill a new set of applications anyway. Also, FSW will take a long time as the prioritized categories will be published only after August 15th. By the time they send AOR etc, probably we will have our PNP based PR!! Just being optimistic.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thanks strawberry1009 !! yes we are still in business!!!!

I feel that thinks are going to be faster.... and you'll be seeing approvals very very soon...

BTW as for the email, they actually replied in one of the 100s emails I sent to them... however the approval came rigth after I call them asking for status.

strawberry1009 said:
Congartulations dnataraj! Does it say in your packet how long it would take before you get the nomination certificate? In the pre-assessment email they said 90 days. just wanted to check if there is any change on this.

Also, it looks like some receive email prior to getting the packet while some dont, right? I dont recall dnataraj received an email but ingegarcia got an email.

Ingegarcia, that is great news...you applied under noc 2171 right? that means we are still in business!!! ;))

sandgrownun

Aug 1, 2008
Apart from being H1b do you have to prove funds (we are a family of 5)or is property enough - ( i know if i have a job offer its not necessary )we just bought a house here in USA and would rather not have to sell it in this market - I only found out about this programme today so forgive my lack of knowledge but cant find the answer anywhere.
my job is listed as one needed but other than that I am unsure of the reqs.

thanks

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Sandgrownun!

You do not need proof of funds during the application for H1B SRS Alberta PNP. However, you will need proof of funds when you enter canada as a landed immigrant. Google the alberta provincial website and you will see there exactly how much. Since this happens at the end of all the processing, you still have time to come up with the money. Hope this helps!

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
dnataraj said:
olusolalekan
Good observation. But Alberta PNP will NOT forward your CIC forms. They specifically told me that they need the copy, yes COPY of my forms I fill for CIC. In my case for example, I have already applied for federal Skilled worker and I will use the same form I filled earlier. Another important thing is they want to know which province you selected in FSW. I made sure that it was Alberta. If you have mentioned some other province, make sure you fill in a new form with Alberta as your province of choice.

So fill your CIC forms with Alberta as your province of choice and keep the original (with photo etc) and take a copy and send it to PNP. If you have a FSW already just send its copy (if you have said Alberta as your province of your choice). Else create a new form and send the photocopy. I think I made it clear. If not let me know.
Hi dnataraj,

Question for you on your comment above. I already have an FSW filed and I have a file number but it was not filed in Buffalo NY. It was filed back in my home country. In that form, I have declared Alberta as the province I intend to migrate to. In this case, can I fill up a new CIC form and submit the new form to Alberta and when I get the nomination certificate I'll withdraw the one in my home country? Here's the thing, although I already filed in my home country and I have the file number and all, the acknowledgement receipt said that it will not be till 3 years from now before they start processing my file. That is how long the line is. lol. it may be wiser for me to fiel again in buffalo. thoughts?

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
hi outsloken ,congrats !!!!

thanks to all you of for feedback.

I applied for pre assessment on july 15, i am not sure when will they reply ?

any comment ?

Nataraj & Outsloken , what was your application date ?

Luckily in my fsw i added alberta only

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
strawberry1009,
If I were you I would fill a new application and send it to Alberta PNP. Once I get PNP I will withdraw my FSW (And thereby get back my $1100 too) as it takes 3 years. Then file with PNP and in 5 months &  I have my PR. I assume you are in the US now.

Guys, I am not an expert but this is how I think aloud.

And,  toledoresident,
my dates: PNP I will submit in a weeks time(self). FSW I submitted on July 4th through an attorney.

I think if we discuss like this on this forum we will become experts on Canada immigration and when we land, all of us can join and start a firm dealing immigration matters. Just thinking after couple of beers. LOL

maldito

Aug 2, 2008
Hello, everyone!

I've applied on this program and right now, I am already waiting for my Alberta Provincial Nomination.

I submitted the 1-page application form (via fax) on May 31 and then asked me to send additional documents, like copies of my passport, h1b visa, work description, etc.

Luckily, I passed the pre-assessment and received the letter of invitation to apply (the brown packet) last July 5. Oh btw, I'm a civil engineer.

I've mailed my application to Alberta on July 8 and just last July 31, I received an email from Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program confirming their receipt of my application on July 10, 2008. They've given me an employee file number also - 7XXX-08-00XX. The decision on my application, according to them, will be made in approximately 40-60 days.

Question guys:

Can you help me interpret my employee file no.? i don't know what 7XXX stands for. Am I the 7,XXXth Alberta applicant for this year 2008? Or this no. refers to applicants in Canada in general? The last 4 digits is somewhat intriguing, too. I don't know what it means.

Also, given that I already passed the pre-assessment, is it a guarantee that I will be given provincial nomination?

Is there anyone you know who already got his/her provincial nomination from this stream?

Thanks a lot!