+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
ingegarcia,

This is not a problem at all. My new visa is not stamped and my old visa has expired. But I have a I-94 till 2011 based on my new visa approval (I got it when I traveled to Canada). People at PNP office know this quite well. Also when they see the job description from the new employer + your pay stubs, they are sure that you are legally in the US.

Lets be +ve and just wait.

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Ingegarcia,
Since your visa is in between renewal they will ask for the approval letter and the new I-94 with expiration date. I know this because I was going to Apply in April but I was in between renewal. I got My new I-94 on or around April 25 and I applied. I asked them in April they said i could apply but they would need to see the Approval before they will approve my Pre-Ass. So I waited till I got my new I-94 card and applied in May. I Hope this helps.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
chaudri786

Why did you say i will get pre-assessment by end of July? that will be the fastest timeline. I just applied two weeks ago. Why would you think they will get my pre-assessment done in three weeks.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Quota/Planned immigration level as I mentioned before. see full details at the link http://www.immigrationblog.ca/index.asp?ItemID=23&CategoryID=136

summary below,,,,,,

A look at the graph below shows how the proposed numbers under the Canadian Experience class could look in relation to the overall numbers of the planned annual admissions to Canada.

Immigrant Category
2008 Ranges

Low
High

Federal Skilled Workers

Quebec Selected Skilled Workers

Federal/Quebec Business

Live-in Caregiver

Provincial/Territorial Nominees

Canadian Experience Class

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
kangster said:
Personally I think BC is much faster they require 2-3 weeks for issuing PNP certificate. I think so many people must have applied under this stream that Alberta is getting back logged. Keep in mind even though H1-b does not require a job, CIC will be very tough and stringent about meeting the fund requirements.

Will keep you guys posted about my Pre-Assessment if and when it comes.........
Actually BC PNP takes 2-3 months,I talk to them almost daily and first hand its not longer then 12 weeks but usually 8-10 weeks cheers

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Hi all,

Today someone from Alberta immigration called home and said he needs additional info to process my assessment. Unfortunately, i was not at home and he wouldn't give details to my wife. I will call him back on Thursday. Point I want to make is they are working on our assessments. I will update after I talk to him. So keep up your hope and they are working on it.

Good luck to everyone.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
dnataraj,

Good luck on Thursday. I am sure once you fax them the requested docs, you can be rest assured to get your pre-assessment result and invitation to apply for the PNP proper.

Again, goodluck on Thursday. Let us know whatz up.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hi,

I have this situation and pls feel free to answer.

I applied for the pre-assessment for the H1B Stream and waiting for the approval. Right now, I am planning to change employers.

1.) Do you think if the pre-assessment approval comes out and I changed employers I need to get apply for another pre-approval?

2.) If I get the pre-assessment approval and applied for the Provincial Nomination then while in the process I changed employers, do you think I will have to repeat the whole process again or just an update to AINP will do?

Thank you guys, in advance.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
bb0310,

If your new job is still listed as occupation under pressure in Alberta, the most reasonable thing to do is to fax a new job description and or NOC Code to Alberta ASAP! That way, you will be sure that you wont lose time on the line. The fact that they haven't approved your pre-assessment, just like mine, is that they haven't reviewed it. They usually e-mail you the pre-assessment decision a day or two after reviewing the file. So send the new NOC code and job description ASAP.

If the new job is not listed on Occupation under pressure, you might have lost the opportunity to apply under the H1B program. You may delay resumption at the new job till you get PNP certificate.

Just what I would have done.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
My 5 cents..
I would say that even if you apply to the program and you lose your job (layoff..., etc) then you are still OK.. Of course you still need to update the PNP officer of any change...

This is based on the email I received when I asked what whould happen if my visa expires while in process.. in this case I would not be changing jobs but... losing it :)

"So long as you have applied to the H1B SRS prior to your H1B expiring you will qualify for this program, and should be able to process your PNP application from your home country"

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
ingegarcia,

You are right. If you qualify as at the time of application, you may still get the PNP. After getting the PNP certificate, you may apply from your home country or anywhere else if you meet the requirement for that visa office as per residence requirement.

The issue with bb0310 is not losing your H1B but switching job. If you switch job and moved to a new job not under pressure in Alberta, you will not be qualified to get the H1B SRS PNP. A jobless person can not be deemed to have switched occupation. If you switch your H1B from an accountant to being a lawyer for example, and lawyers are not highly needed in Alberta, then the officer handling your case will not approve your H1B SRS PNP. See the difference?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
You might be right however my point is that on H1b I applied under NOC XXXX, once I lose status my current occupation is going to be house-husband... :)) no valid NOC.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Dear All,

Good news first: Today I got a packet saying I am invited to apply for AINP. The details are exactly same as mentioned in this forum earlier viz.,

1. Fill PNP application
2. Fill Federal application set
3. Stick a green label (they have sent in the packet) to the application packet I am sending.

I thank you all for your good wishes and information provided on this forum.

The news you would not like much (all this happened before I got the packet by mail):

As I mentioned earlier I called PNP office today (the hotline number). They could not trace back to who called me. In fact first I was answered by hotline call center then she told me that someone will call me back.

After an hour one lady from PNP called me and she could not find out who called me even after I gave the telephone number from which my wife received the call. I too called the same number and it said "this number is not in use". That lady checked my name in their database and she could not find it.

Morale: There is some mess up in their database. So I suggest especially those who applied long before(I did it on June 6th) to follow up regularly

I will keep you all posted during the next process till I get PNP!!

Once again thanks to you all and good luck with your assessments. Approvals WILL COME soon