+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
dnataraj,

congrats my friend! I told you so!

Goodluck with the PNP application.

Quick question, I applied to the FSW before applying to the H1B AINP. You mentioned that they sent you the CIC packet too. Does that mean I will have to refill and submit my CIC forms? That will be painfull because i thought I was done with that.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
olusolalekan

Yes you have to fill CIC forms and send everything to Alberta. Also in PNP application they ask whether you have applied to FSW category already. If so, one has to provide CIC file number, date applied etc. In my case I too have applied but do not have file number etc.

I am sure you too will get your approval very soon.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Congrats dnataraj!!!! Do not forget to keep us posted! we might need your help later on...

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I just called Alberta..... to follow up on my application... they told me that my application is still in processsing and that I have to be patience.... once they reach a desicion they'll be sending the response by mail.... they also told me to check my mail regularly.... :) funny comment!

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Thank you olusolalekan and ingegarcia. That was really helplful, I will not change employers at the moment until I have the nomination, hopefully. Good luck to all of us!

kirang

Jul 31, 2008
Congrats dnatraj.

I am a new member. My attorney submitted the Alberta PNP application on July 4, 2008 electronically under NOC code 2131 (civil engineer) and he said he didn't hear anything back from Alberta government. I also applied for FSW on March 10, 2008 and still waiting for AOR. I will let you guys know if there is any progess in my application process.

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
hi guys,

i am watching this discussion since last 20 days. congrats to all who received call back from pnp office and wish you all the best for those who are waiting.

I have a question , is there any demand for engineering managers in alberta ? I applied under 0211 ( engineering managers) because I am project manager , but I think it is better to apply as Mechanical engineer rather than engineering manager ? can any one make comment on this ?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
dnataraj

if i fill all the cic forms again, do I assume they will forward them to CIC after they issue me with a PNP certificate? Otherwise, you will fill the CIC forms again when you get to the CIC leg of your application (after getting PNP certificate.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
olusolalekan
Good observation. But Alberta PNP will NOT forward your CIC forms. They specifically told me that they need the copy, yes COPY of my forms I fill for CIC. In my case for example, I have already applied for federal Skilled worker and I will use the same form I filled earlier. Another important thing is they want to know which province you selected in FSW. I made sure that it was Alberta. If you have mentioned some other province, make sure you fill in a new form with Alberta as your province of choice.

So fill your CIC forms with Alberta as your province of choice and keep the original (with photo etc) and take a copy and send it to PNP. If you have a FSW already just send its copy (if you have said Alberta as your province of your choice). Else create a new form and send the photocopy. I think I made it clear. If not let me know.

And toledoresident,

There is lot of demand for mechanical engineers in Alberta due to booming oil industry. In your description of current job make sure to highlight your experience in this. Just saying project manager is not enough. Also check NOC code to double check. Your first shot should be the best. In my case I am a computational biologist, but I highlighted BIOLOGIST.

Please post your doubts here. Although I am not an expert, this group will provide further insights and in my case all the postings here helped me a lot.

I will keep you all posted about the process till I get get PNP and beyond. And I request you all to do so.

kirang

Jul 31, 2008
dnataraj,

I mentioned Toronto, Ontorio for the city/province where I desired to live in FSW application. Is it gonna create a problem when I get the invitation from Alberta govt. and I apply for Alerta PNP.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
I don't think it is a problem. when you fill your new CIC forms for PNP put the province as Alberta. When you get PNP withdraw old FSW and submit new form with PNP approval.

kirang

Jul 31, 2008
Thanks dnataraj.

Any body received AOR from CIC who applioed for FSW in the month of March. I applied on March 10, 2008 and its almost 19 weeks now, no reply from CIC.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Guess what!! This is what I saw in my inbox today

"This email is to provide you with an update on the status of your pre-screening assessment for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) H1B Strategic Recruitment Stream. The pre-screening is now completed and you have been mailed an invitation to submit a full application to the AINP. You can expect to receive a package with your invitation, instructions on next steps, and the application forms within the next couple of weeks...."

:))

Good luck to all of you!!... BTW I'll keep you posted ...

ingegarcia said:
I just called Alberta..... to follow up on my application... they told me that my application is still in processsing and that I have to be patience.... once they reach a desicion they'll be sending the response by mail.... they also told me to check my mail regularly.... :) funny comment!