12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Good Evening,

I'm totally nuerotic, which means I worry about everything little thing. I started working on my PR application a few days ago and I'm now I'm obsessing over it! :)

A few questions if anyone has the time & knowledge:

- When submitting Skype conversations, is a copy and paste of the chatlog sufficient? I only ask because I can't get Skype to print directly from the screen, so I copied and pasted everything into Microsoft Word. (And would that god awful mountain of text need to be copy certified?)

- Skype #2... in our chatlog there is some very private conversation (and not just naughty... there is some of that too :p). Do we need to include every line of text? All I really wanted to prove is we talked on Skype regularly - which we did with voice and video calling.

- Regarding Yahoo Messenger... Is a summary of our chatlog sufficient here or do I need to print out every single conversation? I'm refering to the conversation history that shows we talked on X day, then X day, etc. I ask for the same reason as above. My husband and I are both very private people. I'd rather some stranger not be reading our (naughty) private conversations.... although I'd rather this person reads than me not be accepted into Canada :)

- As far as text messaging, are phone bills showing my husband owns his phone number, texting one owned by me sufficient proof of conversation? I understand I would need my own phone records showing I owned my own number so they could be referenced. Would highlighting the texts back and forth be considerate or would that be over the top?

- In the beginning of our relationship, neither if us considered factors such as Immigration, so we didn't have our IMs set to save conversations. Will this hurt us? Can I explain this to immigration kinda like I did here and be okay?

- We eloped (after trying to save up for a wedding after 18 months and not getting very far). With a 3 week notice, my father-in-law and his wife couldn't attend. We invited no other family. My m-i-l and s-i-l are gossip mongers and my husband isn't close to either of them. Hubby made the decision to NOT invite either of them of his own free will. None of my family were invited or attended. I didn't invite them to my first wedding either. I just don't care to have them there... I don't speak to my mother at all. My dad is borderline abusive towards me verbally. My brothers are nice people, but we aren't close.... have virtually no contact with extended family. Would have 0 if Facebook didn't whore my profile around. Does anyone have any advice on how to explain this to Immigration in a way that doesn't use the word whore or monger? I'm not exactly tactful or concise, but I want to explain to Immigration my husband and I picked who to invite and neither pressured the other to not invite family. I did invite two of my friends, their husbands, and kids so I had guests. I suppose I could say I didn't think my family would have time to attend (my dad and youngest brother don't have passports either and middle brother is in Australia for whatever reason) but that's not the truth. I just didn't want my drunk alcoholic father trying to tell jokes with his balding mullet belittling me in front of my friends and husband.

- We have lived together since July 2011 (although we plan to file Outland since I'm American unless someone tells me that's a horrid idea). For obvious reasons, we stopped Skyping after that. We have a rental contract with both of our names on it dating Dec 2011. I opened a BMO account in Calgary in October 2011 (I think) and we made the account joint in June 2012 (I think). Is that enough proof of a continuing relationship? I can show them pictures of the cat we adopted and pretend is our child? (Actually I have five thousand cat pictures because I'm turning into THAT crazy cat lady on Facebook!) We used iMessage to stay in touch from October 2011 onwards so we don't have a text message record like two phones would. I'm not sure IF we can make that into a downloadable form to print off for Immigration or if they even want to see us talk about dinner, lingerie, and how much my husband hates his co-workers.... If anyone is aware of how to use iMessage for Immigration, please let me know!

On a side note, the Immigration "Lawyer" (turned out to be a consultant) I spoke with strongly advised me to file inland and said outland was a horrible idea. I've read the posts here on the versus and don't understand why he was so staunchly inland unless it makes him more money.

I have contacted CIWA here in Calgary and asked for a free consultation with one of their lawyers to review my application before we send it in. I'm hoping they agree, so I can finally get some sleep.

Anyway, sorry if I rambled and/or my attempts at jokes weren't funny. If anyone has any advice for me, I do appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to read my ranting. Have a good evening/morning! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
amikety said:
Good Evening,

I'm totally nuerotic, which means I worry about everything little thing. I started working on my PR application a few days ago and I'm now I'm obsessing over it! :)
It is VERY easy to overthink this process (and I still have bound copies of my application, with inserted tabs for each significant document so it is very easy to find anything within it.

amikety said:
A few questions if anyone has the time & knowledge:

- When submitting Skype conversations, is a copy and paste of the chatlog sufficient? I only ask because I can't get Skype to print directly from the screen, so I copied and pasted everything into Microsoft Word. (And would that god awful mountain of text need to be copy certified?)

- Skype #2... in our chatlog there is some very private conversation (and not just naughty... there is some of that too :p). Do we need to include every line of text? All I really wanted to prove is we talked on Skype regularly - which we did with voice and video calling.

- Regarding Yahoo Messenger... Is a summary of our chatlog sufficient here or do I need to print out every single conversation? I'm refering to the conversation history that shows we talked on X day, then X day, etc. I ask for the same reason as above. My husband and I are both very private people. I'd rather some stranger not be reading our (naughty) private conversations.... although I'd rather this person reads than me not be accepted into Canada :)

- As far as text messaging, are phone bills showing my husband owns his phone number, texting one owned by me sufficient proof of conversation? I understand I would need my own phone records showing I owned my own number so they could be referenced. Would highlighting the texts back and forth be considerate or would that be over the top?

- In the beginning of our relationship, neither if us considered factors such as Immigration, so we didn't have our IMs set to save conversations. Will this hurt us? Can I explain this to immigration kinda like I did here and be okay?
Think of this as telling a story. The chats and what-not are there to demonstrate the development of your relationship. You don't need salacious conversations or every little detail to demonstrate that fact. If you don't have some material, it's ok to explain why. In our application we submitted maybe 30 pages of chat logs (and I redacted them and noted I did so).

amikety said:
- We eloped (after trying to save up for a wedding after 18 months and not getting very far). With a 3 week notice, my father-in-law and his wife couldn't attend. We invited no other family. My m-i-l and s-i-l are gossip mongers and my husband isn't close to either of them. Hubby made the decision to NOT invite either of them of his own free will. None of my family were invited or attended. I didn't invite them to my first wedding either. I just don't care to have them there... I don't speak to my mother at all. My dad is borderline abusive towards me verbally. My brothers are nice people, but we aren't close.... have virtually no contact with extended family. Would have 0 if Facebook didn't whore my profile around. Does anyone have any advice on how to explain this to Immigration in a way that doesn't use the word whore or monger? I'm not exactly tactful or concise, but I want to explain to Immigration my husband and I picked who to invite and neither pressured the other to not invite family. I did invite two of my friends, their husbands, and kids so I had guests. I suppose I could say I didn't think my family would have time to attend (my dad and youngest brother don't have passports either and middle brother is in Australia for whatever reason) but that's not the truth. I just didn't want my drunk alcoholic father trying to tell jokes with his balding mullet belittling me in front of my friends and husband.
We had two people at our wedding, plus the wedding commissioner. We told family after the fact. They still decided our relationship was genuine. Again, it's all how it fits in the story. I'm sure CIC visa officers have heard them all.

Plus you have the benefit of being a US/Canadian couple - there's little reason for a marriage of convenience so they don't seem to start out suspicious of such relationships.

amikety said:
- We have lived together since July 2011 (although we plan to file Outland since I'm American unless someone tells me that's a horrid idea). For obvious reasons, we stopped Skyping after that. We have a rental contract with both of our names on it dating Dec 2011. I opened a BMO account in Calgary in October 2011 (I think) and we made the account joint in June 2012 (I think). Is that enough proof of a continuing relationship? I can show them pictures of the cat we adopted and pretend is our child? (Actually I have five thousand cat pictures because I'm turning into THAT crazy cat lady on Facebook!) We used iMessage to stay in touch from October 2011 onwards so we don't have a text message record like two phones would. I'm not sure IF we can make that into a downloadable form to print off for Immigration or if they even want to see us talk about dinner, lingerie, and how much my husband hates his co-workers.... If anyone is aware of how to use iMessage for Immigration, please let me know!
This all sounds good. Again, it weaves a story of a couple who have drawn their lives together.

You're better off filing outland, although the primary reason (time to process) is not nearly as compelling anymore, as Vegreville gets faster and the Buffalo closure is still causing lots of grief for people.

amikety said:
On a side note, the Immigration "Lawyer" (turned out to be a consultant) I spoke with strongly advised me to file inland and said outland was a horrible idea. I've read the posts here on the versus and don't understand why he was so staunchly inland unless it makes him more money.
Very strange. Poor advice.

Get some rest - you'll have many sleepless nights once you send the application and wonder if you filled in some random form correctly.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi,

We have got our sponsor approval and waiting for passport request. We have opted for NewDelhi VO office. My question is
1) How long will the NewDelhi office hold the passport on an average. The concern is that my spouse is trying for an internal transfer and if that happens, will need to have the passport submitted for work visa. Is there a solution?

Would appreciate response
Thanks
Vee

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
Hi

I hope you may be able to help. My Canadian wife is sponsoring me (British) for PR. On the sponsor document checklist under no.19 it states 'if you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement...' and she has to prove her income.

How do I know whether or not we must meet the minimum necessary income requirement? Does this only apply to other categories of sponsorship? Do I not need to include this proof? We currently live in the UK, so obviously we will be leaving our jobs once the PR is granted to move to Canada, so surely the income is irrelevant?

On a similar note, the documents checklist asks for 'an original option C printout' for the last tax year. Since we have lived in the UK for 5 years together, my wife hasn't received any Canadian tax documents. Do we miss this out?

Many thanks for any help you can give

Ross

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
All documents need to have valid dates so your Canadian wife would need to have a valid passport before sending copy of it

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rosskilgour said:
How do I know whether or not we must meet the minimum necessary income requirement? Does this only apply to other categories of sponsorship? Do I not need to include this proof? We currently live in the UK, so obviously we will be leaving our jobs once the PR is granted to move to Canada, so surely the income is irrelevant?
Spousal applications and dependents have no income restrictions. When there are grandchildren involved (dependents of dependents) or other family, then there are income restrictions.

Showing UK income will be very valuable because it will demonstrate that the sponsor has useful job skills and will not require social assistance. While you say "obviously we will be leaving..." but the sponsor must provide a credible plan for return, including evidence of looking for housing and employment in Canada, even if it is nothing more than chatting with recruiters and prospective employers and estate agents.

rosskilgour said:
On a similar note, the documents checklist asks for 'an original option C printout' for the last tax year. Since we have lived in the UK for 5 years together, my wife hasn't received any Canadian tax documents. Do we miss this out?
Submit the UK equivalent and show the translation from GBP to CAD - I'd suggest using the Bank of Canada exchange rate (they have annual average values). Again, this is all about ensuring that you won't be a burden on Canadian society.

Good luck!

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi,

We have got our sponsor approval and waiting for passport request. We have opted for NewDelhi VO office. My question is
1) How long will the NewDelhi office hold the passport on an average. The concern is that my spouse is trying for an internal transfer and if that happens, will need to have the passport submitted for work visa. Is there a solution?

Would appreciate response
Thanks
Vee

Luchan

Jul 9, 2012
Does a Canadian citizen have priority over a permanent resident when it comes to family sponsorship applications?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Luchan said:
Does a Canadian citizen have priority over a permanent resident when it comes to family sponsorship applications?
Nope

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qtazngal said:
Hi Rhenanjay

Yes I am Pinay but unfortunately I did not grow up in the Phil... born but not raise in the Phil.... Bear with me as I can only understand, write and speak bits and pieces of our native language.

Not worries for not replying soon as I know that everybody in this forum are busy and have other things to think about and do.

London processing time is about 8 months but it took 6 months to get my sponsorship approval and now the second stage.

Which part of Canada will you be staying?
I see.

6 months is quite long for the 1st stage, but that's ok, at least ur done with it... good luck for the 2nd stage.

I'll be staying with my wife in Edmonton, how bout you?

Agnelo

Sep 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-27-2012
AOR Received.
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
10-04-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2012
New to this forum and wanted some help. I applied to sponsor my wife who is in USA to the Mississauga office. The application was received on July 27, 2012 however haven't received any information since. Should I have received anything or is it too early?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Question about certified copies....

I understand I'll need the copies of my passport, passport stamps, divorce decree, etc certified. My MLA is doing that for me (for free, yay.)

What I am confused about is: does *everything* that's a photocopy need to be certified? If I made a photocopy of a boarding pass from a flight? Photocopy of a ticket from the Drumheller museum?

Would screen captures need to be certified too? For instance, I printed screen captures using the Snipping Tool (because my print screen button is useless on both laptops) of our Engagement and Wedding announcements on Facebook showing it's clearly my Facebook. The announcement includes the date and both our names.... it's the official Facebook 'change in status' thingie. I also printed out itineraries directly from Travelocity & Priceline.... but I'm guessing since those include the website address they're originals.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
amikety said:
Question about certified copies....

I understand I'll need the copies of my passport, passport stamps, divorce decree, etc certified. My MLA is doing that for me (for free, yay.)

What I am confused about is: does *everything* that's a photocopy need to be certified? If I made a photocopy of a boarding pass from a flight? Photocopy of a ticket from the Drumheller museum?

Would screen captures need to be certified too? For instance, I printed screen captures using the Snipping Tool (because my print screen button is useless on both laptops) of our Engagement and Wedding announcements on Facebook showing it's clearly my Facebook. The announcement includes the date and both our names.... it's the official Facebook 'change in status' thingie. I also printed out itineraries directly from Travelocity & Priceline.... but I'm guessing since those include the website address they're originals.

Which visa office requires all these things be certified? The US rules just say copies (marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce certificate, etc.) and originals (like the PCC and the IMM 1017). I don't recall anything requiring it be a certified copy.

fbee

Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2012
AOR Received.
27-09-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Agnelo said:
New to this forum and wanted some help. I applied to sponsor my wife who is in USA to the Mississauga office. The application was received on July 27, 2012 however haven't received any information since. Should I have received anything or is it too early?
I filed my application on 8/22/2012 and just received my AOR yesterday so you should have yours by now....

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
fbee said:
I filed my application on 8/22/2012 and just received my AOR yesterday so you should have yours by now....
fbee...you are lucking...they are only working up to July 12/12 according to CIC website so if the app of the previous poster was July 27th then you are still within CIC guidlines and if you try and phone more than likely they will say they are only working on July 12th apps......hang in there a little longer and the balance of July apps should be done.......August has been lucky as the majority seemed to have been processed quicker than July......