Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
ohliuw said:
Docs sent, Sean signed for the package. Now the painful wait begins :(

I have two follow up questions:

1. How and when will I be able to track the progress of the application? Can I use my receipt R number?

2. Since I live in QC, once I get the CSQ in few months, is it me who sends it to the visa processing office, or it's done internally?

thanks.
I believe Immigration Quebec sends a CSQ directly to the visa office. The CSQ you receive will be your copy (either the letter from MICC or CIC will verify that). I haven't had a final decision for my application yet, so I don't know all the uses of a CSQ, but so far it's used to apply for the health insurance card after AIP, and it's used in conjunction with AIP to get an exemption from international tuition at CEGEPs and universities here in Quebec.

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
june 2011 to local office
Med's Request
October 18 2012,AIP and passport back
Med's Done....
Medicals received and decision made December 19
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
february...6 ....pr card received march..13
Hello, somebody knows the time frame for Calgary local office,I did my sponsor application 22 months ago and 12 months ago they trasfered my application to the cic local office Calgary without AIP , I came to Canada as a reffugee in 2007, why they taking so long...I wanna know if somebody have the same problem..

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
You don't have to fill in the IMM0008 and IMM1344 on the computer. Even their video says it is preferred and easier to do it that way, not that you have to. So you could fill them in with pen. But both these forms changed recently. So the versions of these forms you need to fill are the ones that generate barcodes because the questions have changed from the older forms they used last year. So if you used the old forms and sent it in then they will return them because the old forms were no longer accepted after March 31 of this year. The full names of the new forms are IMM1344E.PDF and IMM0008ENU_2D.PDF and they have the validate function and generate the barcodes.

You can look here for more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Notice that it says:
Note: This barcode page will not appear if you fill out your application by hand.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Scos:

That was my assumption from reading the guide that it was encouraged to fill out the forms electronically as it would avoid mistakes and therefore delays but nowhere does it say that it was mandatory or MUST. Also on IMM1344 where it asks you for a date when you became a naturalized citizen ( I have the year from my citizenship certificate but not the month and day). The guide states that if you are unsure of dates to fill in by using asterisks but the new forms don't validate with asterisks.

Others in the threads have suggested filling any date or using "8888888" and then use white out and place asterisks after validating. But these are legal forms and I feel that they would not accept white out. Also the guide does not mention using these alternative methods for unknown dates.

So I'm praying that by using the current forms and filling it out in black ink that it will be sufficient.

I would really appreciate a response from someone that has had their forms returned back to them or asked to submit a new form to post a response and what CIC asked them to do to rectify the problem.

Thanks for your help

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
scos said:
You don't have to fill in the IMM0008 and IMM1344 on the computer. Even their video says it is preferred and easier to do it that way, not that you have to. So you could fill them in with pen. But both these forms changed recently. So the versions of these forms you need to fill are the ones that generate barcodes because the questions have changed from the older forms they used last year. So if you used the old forms and sent it in then they will return them because the old forms were no longer accepted after March 31 of this year. The full names of the new forms are IMM1344E.PDF and IMM0008ENU_2D.PDF and they have the validate function and generate the barcodes.

You can look here for more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Notice that it says:
I just printed the IMM0008 and the IMM1344 today from the CIC website and there was NOT a barcode on either of them. (??)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tullysgirl said:
I just printed the IMM0008 and the IMM1344 today from the CIC website and there was NOT a barcode on either of them. (??)
Did you fill it out online and then print? Or just print a blank form? For the bar codes to generate you must complete the forms online.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Tullysgirl

I think what people are saying is that when you download the forms on your computer and fill them out and then press the validate button it will generate bar codes which you are to submit with the form. The question is will they accept a new form without the barcodes (handwritten)?

The other question is that apparently CIC is accepting the old forms upto a given date? There is not a clear consensus on either question it seems.

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Ahhh huhhhh......I just printed the blank ones.

Sigh....so when/how do we know if the unbarcoded ones, handwritten are acceptable?? ???

Here's from the CIC webpage, which I'm sure you all have scoured and stared at: :eek:

Completing the form

You must answer all the questions on this application form unless indicated otherwise.

1. Download and fill out the application form on a computer.

You also have the option of saving your form and completing it later.

2. Once the application is completed, click on the Validate button located at the top or bottom of the form.

A barcode page like the one below will be generated:

(INFAMOUS ELUSIVE DRASTED BARCODE PICTURE!!!)

3. Print all pages of your application form.

4. Sign and date in the spaces provided.

5. Place the barcode page on top of your application (forms and supporting documents) when you will submit it.

BAH! To think of the trees I just potentially killed printing blank forms for no reason!!??? :mad:

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi TG

Apparently the handwritten forms are not acceptable. My situation was slightly different as I did not know of the month and day that I became a naturalized citizen and the guide indicates to use asterisks (*) in a date as fillers. But the electronic forms would not accept it and therfore would not validate. So I printed and did it by handwriting the form.

My application was already sent (so I'm in a bit of trouble and trying to problem solve as we speak).

If you haven't filed your app then make sure you do the bar codes. Unless you have dates that you are uncertain of then you'll need to find out how to submit a validated app. as that is not a concise process either.

Good luck

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
UGH...I feel for you marco!

I will be sure to do them online then and get the barcodes. Thanks for the warning!

Just got this awesome tid-bit from the US Outland thread:

computergeek said:
The form generates the barcodes after you press the "Validate" button.

Those barcodes encode all the data you enter on the forms so when they reach CIC they can just scan them and your data is entered into the computer. It avoids the keypunch step and decreases the chances the data won't be entered properly into the computers.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
BAH! To think of the trees I just potentially killed printing blank forms for no reason!!???

OMG I went through a whole set of brand new ink cartridges filling out my application forms and evidence . I made soooooo many mistakes!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks TG

Yes the barcodes do make things easier for CIC and I did read that but I have yet to find anything in the guide that indicates that you MUST or it is Mandatory that you use barcodes. I have read that you MUST use the new forms and that you are Encouraged to fill them out electronically.

For example, the guide does state you MUST sign the forms or your application will be returned. I have not been able to find a statement like that about the barcoded forms? If someone can enlighten me (provide a link) I would be very appreciative or if someone can tell me of their experience that they had their application returned because of the bar codes were not filled out?

Cheers

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
R151NG5UN said:
BAH! To think of the trees I just potentially killed printing blank forms for no reason!!???

OMG I went through a whole set of brand new ink cartridges filling out my application forms and evidence . I made soooooo many mistakes!
Speaking of killing trees for no reason, CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency) wanted a copy of my ENTIRE application as proof of me sponsoring hubby! They were thinking it would only be 10 pages HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah right!

Thought y'all would enjoy a little laugh :p

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
FYI (for those interested)

This is from CIC guidelines for minimum requirements to start processing an application. Granted the date is Feb 2011 before the electronic forms came into effect.

5.15. Process starts
For the family class and the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class an
application does not exist if any of the requirements, in section 5.12 Sponsorship
application and minimum requirements and section 5.13 Minimum family class applications are missing. The application, supporting documents, and requirements for a HPM receipt will be returned to the sponsor or applicant as required.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

pg 15

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
R151NG5UN said:
I just put a new cartridge in today. It's my step-daughter's printer and she was talking to it, soothing it's hard work as it was churning out the page after page....after page....after..... LOL

parker24 said:
Speaking of killing trees for no reason, CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency) wanted a copy of my ENTIRE application as proof of me sponsoring hubby! They were thinking it would only be 10 pages HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah right!

Thought y'all would enjoy a little laugh :p
Oh, good GRIEF!! Parker, how many pages are we looking at here?? I gotta keep it hidden from my step-daughter or she may hide her printer for it's own protection!! :p