Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
goodman36 said:
Hi all:

I am a new member here. So I apologize beforehand if I break any rules here.

I got married last month in my home country Bangladesh. It's both of our first marriage. I am PR here. I am hearing so much negative news from my friends here about how long it will take for my wife to come, that I am getting depressed.

What is the usual time period if everything goes fine? I am sending everything together (police certificate, medical, all fees etc.) to the Mississauga office.

Also, is the printout from CRA necessary to send at this time? I am enclosing a job letter specifying my current job, income etc. My employment & income history (except the last job that I am doing for 8 months now) is not good at all.

Would appreciate any response.
You can check the link to get idea about the processing time of Singapore.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.3570.html

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Leon
Can you please advise me on the following.

I have submitted my application for common-law to CPC-M and it has been received July 19. I filled the forms out by printing in black ink rather than generating the bar codes electronically. I am confident I have used the current forms but when reading the guide there is a note indicating that sponsors and applicants are encouraged rather than MUST fill out the forms electronically and generate bar codes. Also when reading many of the forms they indicate at the top of the form to type or print in black ink.

Also in the guide it indicates that if certain dates (such as a birth date) is unkown to use an asterisk (*) but when I tried to put asterisks in the electronic form it would not accept it. This was another reason I chose to print out the forms and complete them by printing in Black ink.

If the forms are current, legible and complete as possible but not filled out electronically (generating bar codes) will CPC-M send the application back to me?

Can you or any of the senior members please advise me. I have e-mailed CIC but not sure if they will respond to it.
Thanks

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
marcopolocan said:
Hi Leon
Can you please advise me on the following.

I have submitted my application for common-law to CPC-M and it has been received July 19. I filled the forms out by printing in black ink rather than generating the bar codes electronically. I am confident I have used the current forms but when reading the guide there is a note indicating that sponsors and applicants are encouraged rather than MUST fill out the forms electronically and generate bar codes. Also when reading many of the forms they indicate at the top of the form to type or print in black ink.

Also in the guide it indicates that if certain dates (such as a birth date) is unkown to use an asterisk (*) but when I tried to put asterisks in the electronic form it would not accept it. This was another reason I chose to print out the forms and complete them by printing in Black ink.

If the forms are current, legible and complete as possible but not filled out electronically (generating bar codes) will CPC-M send the application back to me?

Can you or any of the senior members please advise me. I have e-mailed CIC but not sure if they will respond to it.
Thanks
They will either send the whole thing back to you or ask you for those particular forms again electronically filled out. The barcodes are a MUST.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If your daughter is born in Canada, she is a citizen automatically. Otherwise, if you are a citizen and are passing it on to her, you must apply for her citizenship cerficate at the Canadian embassy.

1. Your daughter is a dependent child but because she is already a citizen she would not have been listed on the IMM0008, only on the additional family information form.

2. Because she is a citizen, you do not need a medical for her.

3. If the old form is the only one you can find on the CIC website, I am sure it is fine but maybe the doctor has the new one when you go for the medicals.
Thanks very much Leon

sigh of relief ,

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi
Just a continuation of my post above regarding filling forms out electronically.

Can I please just clarify: Is it just the IMM1344 and IMM008 that need to be filled out electronically and validated with barcodes? Or all of them? The guide has broken it down into two categories.

(From guide)
•Filling out the forms electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
To ensure you submit all the pages of each forms:

IMM 1344 and IMM 0008:

a.Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form

AND

(from guide) Other forms:

Use the Document Checklist to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.

Thanks

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
parker24 said:
They will either send the whole thing back to you or ask you for those particular forms again electronically filled out. The barcodes are a MUST.
I am not sure where you found this stated? All the guides I've read say that it's preferred, not mandatory ...

Do you have a link?

sandes

Mar 15, 2012
Hi Leon,
i have some concerns about my application so could you please advice me on this :
My husband is sponsoring our application, we are approved, thank God!!! my question is, im not living in my home country now, but however i requested the application to be sent to my home country. I gave my email adress, my actual home adress (outside my home country) and my actual cell phone number (not my home country numbers). Will the visa office contact me on my international phone number? or will they mail me to my international home adress?
thank you so much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandes said:
My husband is sponsoring our application, we are approved, thank God!!! my question is, im not living in my home country now, but however i requested the application to be sent to my home country. I gave my email adress, my actual home adress (outside my home country) and my actual cell phone number (not my home country numbers). Will the visa office contact me on my international phone number? or will they mail me to my international home adress?
I assume they will call you at whatever number you gave them and use the address you listed as being your address :)

sandes

Mar 15, 2012
Thanks Leon! they havent requested no additional documents but i have some good pics here that i think are solid proof to be mailed. Should i?

Hemi

Jul 14, 2012
hello leon..its me again..i had passport request.from CEM visa office together with the additional req..i sent my package to visa section level 6 tower 2 rcbc plaza 6819 ayala avenue makati city. using LBC...was received next day by Sg beronia...but i forgot to write canadian embassy on the address..do you think my passport and my documents has gone to the right address for canadian visa processing?please advice!i really appreciate your reply..thank you

ibi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-26-2012
Doc's Request.
1-06-2013 & 07-05-2014
AOR Received.
22-06-2012
File Transfer...
22-06- 2012 & 12-02-2014
Med's Request
23-08-2013
Med's Done....
1-9-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
hello everyone quick question:

step 1 was approved back in June and i was provided with my client id #. can i use this is# to check on the status of step 2 for my wifes PR? or would i require another #?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ohliuw said:
I am not sure where you found this stated? All the guides I've read say that it's preferred, not mandatory ...

Do you have a link?
Reason I say it's a must is because of what was said to me by CIC office(And from what people have experienced here). As in, when I called and asked about it (because I was confused as to where they go specifically) They told me that they NEED the barcodes, and that they usually will send the entire package back or ask for the two specific forms. They can just scan the barcodes and get all the information that is in the form onto their computer and thus on ecas as well. Can't give you a link sorry.

ibi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-26-2012
Doc's Request.
1-06-2013 & 07-05-2014
AOR Received.
22-06-2012
File Transfer...
22-06- 2012 & 12-02-2014
Med's Request
23-08-2013
Med's Done....
1-9-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
sandes said:
hi Ibie, its the same uci number to use to check the pr status.
thank you :)