+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

hamasi

Jun 16, 2018
Read the letter. The sense of the pre-arrival letter is contained in the words of the letter. That's it. It offers you access to services before your arrival to help you prepare and settle in when the time comes.

That's the meaning. The whole meaning.
Yeah I read the letter, but I thought it means something, or was a sign of moving our application to next step. it is been while our application hasnt been updated so I thought maybe this means something.
I read somewhere(I think Reddit) We can apply for OHIP now, can we?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah I read the letter, but I thought it means something, or was a sign of moving our application to next step. it is been while our application hasnt been updated so I thought maybe this means something.
It is one more small step. Because it seems to not be completely standardized within IRCC as to exactly when during the process it is sent, it is not a very good indicator of what everyone wants to know, 'how much longer.'

But again: the letter means what it says.

I'm not as familiar with the inland process and what is needed to do OHIP, etc. I don't think the pre-arrival letter has anything to do with that, but ... see the sentence immediately prior.

Reactions: hamasi

hamasi

Jun 16, 2018
It is one more small step. Because it seems to not be completely standardized within IRCC as to exactly when during the process it is sent, it is not a very good indicator of what everyone wants to know, 'how much longer.'

But again: the letter means what it says.

I'm not as familiar with the inland process and what is needed to do OHIP, etc. I don't think the pre-arrival letter has anything to do with that, but ... see the sentence immediately prior.
thank you. one more question, is the website to check the applications update is this: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Sponsor101

Aug 25, 2024
Application Submitted Jan 31
AOR FEB 7th
SA FEB 14th
BIO request feb 14th (unable to do)
Medical Request Jul
Medical passed July 31th

No updates since

is the pr tracker not working any more? Some people said its not working
stuck on may 27th

Mayank_Patel

Star Member
Oct 3, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My partner (sponsor) has received AOR , I have completed the biometrics and I've received pre arrival services but still I can't create account at this link . If anyone knows something
I think it's not working anymore and IRCC may not be restore it's working condition.

SpousalPR2023

Aug 11, 2024
Application Submitted Jan 31
AOR FEB 7th
SA FEB 14th
BIO request feb 14th (unable to do)
Medical Request Jul
Medical passed July 31th

No updates since

is the pr tracker not working any more? Some people said its not working
stuck on may 27th
Not sure if its stuck or CIC STAFF has just abandoned updating it.
I know some from 2023 group, did not get updates since March 2024.
There are applicants from Nov/Dec 2022, who did not get updates from September 2023....

CIC needs a full reboot....as in boot the hell out all inefficient staff taking $70k+ annual pays and enjoying their time in foreign visa offices.

Last edited:

Sponsor101

Aug 25, 2024
If your pr application tracker is frozen in April, May and up to June 15th.

Please let me know as nobody has updates on tracker in July or August for outland spousal sponsorship. Mine is London VO.

We all need to complain to IRCC to get the tracker fixed and updated. So we can get our eCoPR information.

Reactions: agentorange_

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
If your pr application tracker is frozen in April, May and up to June 15th.

Please let me know as nobody has updates on tracker in July or August for outland spousal sponsorship. Mine is London VO.

We all need to complain to IRCC to get the tracker fixed and updated. So we can get our eCoPR information.
How to complain? I tried to report this as a technical issue and sent it to IRCC, but got a reply from London VO saying they don't handle technical issues. So I don't know where to go. Mine hasn't updated since May 20th.

hamasi

Jun 16, 2018
Hello, Today I received another email saying my spouse (principal) meets the eligibility requirements to apply for PR. What should we do now? do we need to apply for PR or will it be mailed to our address? the letter says she has to meet other criteria such as medical, biometric etc., which she completed around 2.5 months ago. what do we need to do at this stage? just wait?

and again, no update in the tracker! just email!

thanks

hamasi

Jun 16, 2018
Hello, Today I received another email saying my spouse (principal) meets the eligibility requirements to apply for PR. What should we do now? do we need to apply for PR or will it be mailed to our address? the letter says she has to meet other criteria such as medical, biometric etc., which she completed around 2.5 months ago. what do we need to do at this stage? just wait?

thanks
Ok, the Sponsor, Received the APR today. what is the next step(s)? Should I just wait or Do I(we) Need to do something? Inland sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok, the Sponsor, Received the APR today. what is the next step(s)? Should I just wait or Do I(we) Need to do something? Inland sponsorship
Generally when you need to do something, you will get a letter that will ... tell you to do something.

Otherwise you wait.

Yogi@31

Mar 6, 2021
You can apply for OHIP with AIP (eligibility letter), that too if you go to a full service location of Service Ontario.

Yogi@31

Mar 6, 2021

thanks
That is AIP (approval in principle).
You will have to wait for sometime for next steps.
Is the background check completed?

mahnoorBano

Sep 2, 2024
Hi folks, My husband (Sponsor) just submitted a spousal PR application and he did a mistake on the online portal and submitted application with wrong signature. In the consent form at very end of application he wrote his name instead of mine. So is there anything we can do like a webform to inform IRCC. Thanks.