+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sai0594

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi everyone,

We just submitted our application on July 21, 2024 and after downloading the files submitted, I saw that in IMM5669 we forgot to put ‘None’ under the Military question, it was left blank. The same way with IMM 5406 it’s showing blank under Children instead of ‘not applicable’ (I swear we answered it)

Anyway we haven’t received an AOR yet, can we raise a webform regarding these? If yes, do we upload the forms again or just explain in the textbox?

Thank you!
I stuck with the background addres they wont allow me to add more but I add one letter in the file saying Pervious 10 year address history and said we cant able to edit the form

mikesponsor

Aug 6, 2024
I am a Canadian citizen currently in the US. Looking to sponsor my wife for PR in Canada who is currently in Canada on work permit. I intend to move back to Canada shortly but due on job situation and the economy not being strong, cannot move back in the next 6 months or so.

One of the things immigration asks for is "If you're a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents. "

Question : How do I show this? In which form should I show this? Does anybody have a letter template they can share which will indicate that I intend to move back to Canada with her after getting the PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a Canadian citizen currently in the US. Looking to sponsor my wife for PR in Canada who is currently in Canada on work permit. I intend to move back to Canada shortly but due on job situation and the economy not being strong, cannot move back in the next 6 months or so.

One of the things immigration asks for is "If you're a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents. "

Question : How do I show this? In which form should I show this? Does anybody have a letter template they can share which will indicate that I intend to move back to Canada with her after getting the PR?
You want to upload evidence of this with your application. This would be things like property ownership / lease in Canada, job offer in Canada, bank savings held in Canada, etc. You can also try using the argument that your wife is already working there but you wouldn't want to rely just on that.

memolllak

Jun 17, 2022
Hi every one.
I hold both study permit and work permit. study full time in colleges and working fulltime remotely, I want to sponsor my spouse work permit with my status as a fulltime worker. when you want to start an application, there is a question asking if you holds a study permit. if you answer yes to this question, it says you are not eligible to apply for a wp for your spouse because you are a college student. in this case, since i also hold work permit and i want to apply with a worker status, should i answer no to this question?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi every one.
I hold both study permit and work permit. study full time in colleges and working fulltime remotely, I want to sponsor my spouse work permit with my status as a fulltime worker. when you want to start an application, there is a question asking if you holds a study permit. if you answer yes to this question, it says you are not eligible to apply for a wp for your spouse because you are a college student. in this case, since i also hold work permit and i want to apply with a worker status, should i answer no to this question?
Wrong section of the forum. Post to the Foreign Workers section.

Reactions: memolllak

mikesponsor

Aug 6, 2024
You want to upload evidence of this with your application. This would be things like property ownership / lease in Canada, job offer in Canada, bank savings held in Canada, etc. You can also try using the argument that your wife is already working there but you wouldn't want to rely just on that.
Thanks for the input. So I guess it is not tied to any particular form # but rather upload these details in the Additional Supporting Documents section?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the input. So I guess it is not tied to any particular form # but rather upload these details in the Additional Supporting Documents section?
Yes

mannpunia

Apr 25, 2024
Hi everyone, need your guidance here. My spouse's outland sponsorship application was submitted in December 2023 and he came to Canada in April 2024. in July, he got request for medical exam. we called IRCC customer care and the executive said he doesn't need to go for medical exam and he can update his old exam as he is exempt from medical examination due to being in Canada as per public policy. I raised a webform and submitted his medical exam because in GCKEY account there was no place to upload the documents. Now his GCKEY account shows a message that they haven't received the documents requested. Kindly let me know what can be done about it. thanks in advance for your help

mannpunia

Apr 25, 2024
Outland Spousal Sponsorship - TRV (visitor visa) Processing Time
Hello Everbody,
I sponsored my wife and applied for a TRV so she can come to Canada.
The first TRV (visitor visa) was refused so I reapplied again and currently just waiting.
I just wanted to know if TRV applications for spousal sponsorship applicants are processed SEPARATELY from normal TRVs (usual processing times does not apply) OR all TRVs all processed within the same pile at IRCC visa offices aborad.
The idea is to anticipate the duration in order to make a decision whether I should still wait a little more in Canada or I should leave back home until the visa is processed.
For information : see the following : "PACP - Standing Committee on Public Accounts - OAG Report 9: Processing PR Applications - December 5, 2023 / Key messages : Going forward, most new TRV applications for spousal sponsorship applicants will be processed within 30 days."
Thank you in advance for your support.
Hi i had the same situation. For spouse whose PR applications are in process get the result of their TRV application within 14 days if they have Application number with them.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone, need your guidance here. My spouse's outland sponsorship application was submitted in December 2023 and he came to Canada in April 2024. in July, he got request for medical exam. we called IRCC customer care and the executive said he doesn't need to go for medical exam and he can update his old exam as he is exempt from medical examination due to being in Canada as per public policy. I raised a webform and submitted his medical exam because in GCKEY account there was no place to upload the documents. Now his GCKEY account shows a message that they haven't received the documents requested. Kindly let me know what can be done about it. thanks in advance for your help
Get the medical done. And don't risk REFUSAL of his Pr application.

SpousalPR2023

Aug 11, 2024
Spousal PR APPLICANTS.....How many of you have been waiting for more than 15 months or more....
Please respond with:
  • No of months waiting since applied
  • Visa office file currently sits in
  • Nationality of applicant

Last edited:

Pannu@

Aug 13, 2024
Spousal PR APPLICANTS.....How many of you have been waiting for more than 15 months or more....
Please respond with:
  • No of months waiting since applied
  • Visa office file currently sits in
  • Nationality of applicant
Hi, I submitted my husband ‘s spousal pr application Outland Canada, on 4 April. It’s been over 16 months now. Our file is non routine file now and he is from India.our application is transferred to New Delhi visa office, and application is there from last 10 months.

Sai_01

Jul 26, 2024
Hi, I submitted my husband ‘s spousal pr application Outland Canada, on 4 April. It’s been over 16 months now. Our file is non routine file now and he is from India.our application is transferred to New Delhi visa office, and application is there from last 10 months.
Did you order gcms notes to understand what’s going on with the file ? And also contact local MP.

Pannu@

Aug 13, 2024
Did you order gcms notes to understand what’s going on with the file ? And also contact local MP.
Yes, I contacted to the local MP office and she said it’s non routine application. I didn’t apply gcms notes but raised three web forms. They replied we got all your documents and your file is in progress, we will contact you if we need anything from you.