+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am currently in the process of sponsoring my spouse and he has no intention of sponsoring his children (14 and 22) to Canada. In the post it states that he would have to sign a paper stating that he knows that he will never be able to sponsor them? How to you find that paper or what is the process. Can he not just leave the children out of the application?
No, he must include them.

-The older child does not need to be 'included' as non-accompanying as no longer a dependent (IRCC uses > 21 years of age, i.e. at 22 no longer eligible anyway). He will include that child on the other family information form, he should include a letter that child not included because too old to be sponsored (because frankly sometimes IRCC gets it confused when children are older than the minimum age).

It will be FAR better if he can include the younger child as non-accompanying and have the child do medicals, biometrics. They will make the process longer and more difficult otherwise. This is not sponsoring, but reserves the right to do so in future. Even if he does not intend to sponsor the child, this is the better way. (And who knows, he may changes his mind if the kid wants to come study in Canada or somethign)

Marifali

Aug 22, 2022
Hello everyone, yesterday my family reunion visa was approved and I received a letter for a passport request, I collected everything requested and shipped it, the copr has not arrived yet, by the way, today I also received a letter that my visitor visa was approved, but the strange thing is that since there is only one passport, there is no passport that I can send for my visitor visa, so I cannot send the printout of the letter and passport for the visitor visa, will my visitor visa be finalized?
may ask
At which stage of your spousal sponsorship you applied for visa ?
the day you applied for visitor visa, how long took you to get approved and passport request?
Thank you

MAS2024

Jul 29, 2024
spouse application submitted on 16th July 2024, awaiting AOR, it was an outland application where the husband is in Canada (Citizen), any idea AOR would take how long?
second question, I have seen AOR usually taking more than a month but a few cases here, have received their AOR in two weeks, not sure why and how.

Thank you.

frange

May 25, 2018
spouse application submitted on 16th July 2024, awaiting AOR, it was an outland application where the husband is in Canada (Citizen), any idea AOR would take how long?
second question, I have seen AOR usually taking more than a month but a few cases here, have received their AOR in two weeks, not sure why and how.

Thank you.
It could takes weeks or months to get the AOR.

MAS2024

Jul 29, 2024
While I am awaiting the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) for my spouse sponsorship application, I am uncertain whether I should apply for her Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) before receiving the AOR. Additionally, I need guidance on whether to engage a consultant for the TRV application or to apply independently. Is there a specific letter I should attach to inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that this TRV application is in alignment with the family reunification program?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
While I am awaiting the Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) for my spouse sponsorship application, I am uncertain whether I should apply for her Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) before receiving the AOR. Additionally, I need guidance on whether to engage a consultant for the TRV application or to apply independently. Is there a specific letter I should attach to inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that this TRV application is in alignment with the family reunification program?
Wait until you have AOR before you apply for the TRV. Your choice whether you use a consultant or not.

sebs

Jul 30, 2024
I am sorry if this questions was asked already, but I had troubles locating something similar.
Since this morning I am bouncing around in IRCC website's link hell.
I have figured that I need an account and a GC key, which we have created, then when I proceeded to option "Sign In With GC Key" I had to set up a 2nd account? I was like fine ok.
I have also figured out that I need at least 5556 and 5710 forms.
I am just confused even by login page now, because you have to click on an option that pertains to your situation, but they have no option for spousal open work permit.

What is the link/account I need to use to file this application?

Zeeshahi

Jul 31, 2024
Hello everyone i am in the process of sponsorship visa applications and about to submit my application i wanted to ask usually how long does it take the spouse visa usually from italy and where is the best place in italy to proceed my application rome milan or if there is any other offices for that and can someone please tell me about how can i go to visit my wife in canada before acceptance of my spouse sponsership if there is a way please let me know thank you

Kev2212

Jul 31, 2024
Does anyone have any experience with a Rapid Response Operations Center (RROC), Ottawa and Operations Support Center (OSC) ? My spouse's application is being processed there. It is normal for them to process her application there? It is in background check stage since last 2 months and no updates so far. I have tried calling IRCC but they just says it is in processing. I want to know someone with similar experience and how much time it took for them?
Here is my timeline

Applied: March 12, 2024
AOR: March 23, 2024
ADR: May 15, 2024, Requested Updated PCC
Sponsor Approval : May 23, 2024
BIL: May 25, 2024
Biometrics submitted: May 28, 2024 , Updated in tracker on May 29, 2024
MIL: May 28, 2024
Medical Given: June 1, 2024
Medical passed: June 8, 2024
PCC Submitted: June 9, 2024
Received Generic Email that document is added on June 28, 2024
Biometrics is in progress since May 2024

Kindly please tell me if anyone have any experience with above VO.

Thanks