+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

samar077

May 23, 2023
Hi everyone,
I apply for my spouse sponsorship in May 2024, but no update yet!
And recently I apply for trv in 11 July 2014
Get approved 18 July
I want to know, after he lands in Canada what I should do! so he can stay with me in Canada !
Thanks

joannagat

Jul 21, 2021
Great and helpful post! I am under spousal sponsorship together with a dependent. We submitted our inland application June 25, 2024 and still only got the approval letter for my spouse as a sponsor. I have been going in and out of Canada (only US travels) every 6 months because my daughter and I are both US citizens. Will this affect my application process?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great and helpful post! I am under spousal sponsorship together with a dependent. We submitted our inland application June 25, 2024 and still only got the approval letter for my spouse as a sponsor. I have been going in and out of Canada (only US travels) every 6 months because my daughter and I are both US citizens. Will this affect my application process?
It could because Inland applicants, by definition, are applying from within Canada;meaning they are essentially `residing' in Canada during the process. If you were to be denied entry into Canada, your PR application would be toast. For this reason alone, you are better off applying to extend your visitor status online, NOT by leaving Canada and returning.

Having said this...many people have had no trouble returning after a short absence (a couple of weeks), but the risk is always there. One CBSA officer having `a bad day', could thwart your PR plans!

What do you mean by this:
I have been going in and out of Canada (only US travels) every 6 months because my daughter and I are both US citizens.

How is that relevant? Until you become a PR of Canada, you and your daughter are examined/assessed by CBSA upon entry into Canada...just like all other Foreign Nationals. Yes, you are usually granted 180 days, but even that is not guaranteed.

[EDIT]:
Familiarize yourself with something called Dual Intent, which CBSA is very much aware of and how it works.
More, here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Key points:
Having 2 intents (initially for temporary residence and eventually for permanent residence) is legitimate.

Bottom line is that you should be prepared to explain your ties `back home' if questioned by CBSA. If you no longer have a job, home, bank accounts, etc., it could be problematic. If for some reason your PR application was denied (not truly suggesting that scenario, really), the officer needs to know that you will leave and that you have a home (or place) to return to.

Last edited:

Ammudreamz

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
07-12-2023
AOR Received.
07-12-2023
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to sponsor my husband for PR who is currently living with us in Canada on work permit. During my PR application(Inland CEC) his (on work permit inland) detailed documentation has been submitted to check admissibility. My question is can I use the PCC issued for him from India during that time? We visited India after that for a month period. Should we get a new PCC for this reason?

Thanks in advance.
Ammu

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to sponsor my husband for PR who is currently living with us in Canada on work permit. During my PR application(Inland CEC) his (on work permit inland) detailed documentation has been submitted to check admissibility. My question is can I use the PCC issued for him from India during that time? We visited India after that for a month period. Should we get a new PCC for this reason?

Thanks in advance.
Ammu
My understanding is that he will need a new one, both because the previous one is old and that there was a visit there in-between.

At any rate, strongly suggest ordering one (if you can).

Reactions: Ammudreamz

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
Still no decision on our file. My wife and son have now been here for two years. For the life of me I can not believe how inefficient this federal department is. Still waiting for one security check and I have no idea why this takes multiple months to accomplish. Reached out to Mark Miller's team as well which was a waste of time as they just refer you to your local MP, who I have enlisted for months to try and assist with our application. No doubt when issued it will take ages for PR cards to arrive too.

kksb

Dec 5, 2023
Category........
FAM
Has anyone had file sent to a another VO for further review? Our file was transferred to New York VO today after 5 months of silence

swagger

Nov 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
9-7-15
Doc's Request.
passed
IELTS Request
6bands
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
passed
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-15
LANDED..........
7-8-15
decision -

July 12, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
They mailed me today that i didnt pay the biometric fees so the cut it from RPRF fees will it make more longer to make decision is it approval or declined

bhagatkhaira95

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
i recieved first aor for my wife's spousal sponsor application on 12th july 2024 but then on 17th july 2024 got another email everything same but only thing different was application no. Does anyone know why is it so. I am not able to link application to GC key account also.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Still no decision on our file. My wife and son have now been here for two years. For the life of me I can not believe how inefficient this federal department is. Still waiting for one security check and I have no idea why this takes multiple months to accomplish. Reached out to Mark Miller's team as well which was a waste of time as they just refer you to your local MP, who I have enlisted for months to try and assist with our application. No doubt when issued it will take ages for PR cards to arrive too.
so your family is here in canada?on what status? TRV being extended?
And what about their health care? If they haven't got PR status, they are not covered.
Did the MP office mentioned any specific reason why security is taking this much time?

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
My wife is actually covered by MSP until the end of Dec. 2024; both are covered by my extended health at work.
My local MP's office doesn't even know who is conducting the security check, presumably it's CSIS or CBSA, so they are unable to offer any reason for this delay. I've seen others in this forum having the same issue as myself, waiting for a security validation to be completed on one individual. Why it takes multiple months to accomplish this task is beyond me.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
My wife is actually covered by MSP until the end of Dec. 2024; both are covered by my extended health at work.
My local MP's office doesn't even know who is conducting the security check, presumably it's CSIS or CBSA, so they are unable to offer any reason for this delay. I've seen others in this forum having the same issue as myself, waiting for a security validation to be completed on one individual. Why it takes multiple months to accomplish this task is beyond me.
You said its 2 yrs? What was applicants visa office and country of origin?
Send a web form today, clearly and concisely mentioning that you have waited patiently without any answers from CIC. You are left with no options other than going for MANDAMUS.
I'm sure you'd know about order of mandamus, if not, you'll find plenty of info on this forum. Its usually used after 20 months of delay.
Since processing time lines are 10 months for the past couple of months, you have the full right to go down the mandamus route.
Not saying you should, as it will cost you. Just saying that share this thought with your Visa office, and let us know how quickly they started acting on your file.

In the webform, pls concisely articulate your frustrations, some financial figures costing you cuz of this delay and any issues faced by your family cuz of no PR status.

Nov 7, 2017
Hi, we're putting together the PR application for my spouse (currently lives outside Canada). I'm the sponsor and I'm a PR currently living in Canada. We've filled out all the forms and uploaded all the documents we think we need. While reviewing the application, we noticed we had incorrectly selected 'Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class' as the subcategory of the application. It should be 'Family class (outside Canada)'. Is there anyway to edit that in the portal? Is the only option to create a new 'application' and re-fill and re-upload everything?

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Hi, we're putting together the PR application for my spouse (currently lives outside Canada). I'm the sponsor and I'm a PR currently living in Canada. We've filled out all the forms and uploaded all the documents we think we need. While reviewing the application, we noticed we had incorrectly selected 'Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class' as the subcategory of the application. It should be 'Family class (outside Canada)'. Is there anyway to edit that in the portal? Is the only option to create a new 'application' and re-fill and re-upload everything?
Unfortunately, you will need to create a new application with the right subcategory and re-do it.